Shoe recommendations for kids besides Crocs

sarah g

Earning My Ears
Ordered a pair of Crocs for my daughter and she seems to be in between sizes so I think they feel too big on her. Any other rec's for good shoes for all that walking?

Have to agree with the Tevas, my sister's kids have worn them since they were 3 (now 12) and have never had any issues.

My kids wear tennis shoes a little but mostly crocs or rubber soled sandals with backs on them. Flip flops would hurt their feet by the end of the day and I require them to wear sandals with backs so they don't lose their shoes while we are walking. I think last year they went back and forth between the sandals and the crocs. I don't even know if we took the tennis shoes to be honest. Nothing is worse than swishing your way through a park in wet tennis shoes. At least the crocs and the sandals dry out quicker.

Thanks for posting... I was thinking about this, too.

We typically do sneakers for our walking outings, so that was the plan. But with the water rides, I'm thinking I'll pack flip flops for when they're needed. They take up less room.

Glad you posted this. My kids both had Keens this summer, and both little stinkers have outgrown them. I wasn't sure whether to buy another pair for Disney or have them go in sneakers. For those whose kids wear the Keen sandals, did you find it was better to have the kids wear anklet socks with them or were they okay walking the park all day in Keens without socks?

My son alternated between crocs and reef flip flops. He LOVES the reefs. Very comfy and no hot spots or sore feet at all with them. I think Keens and Tevas would also be a good bet.

My kids wear Tevas (so do I). Sandals with backs are easier on the feet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter