Shipping to resort from Disneyshopping.com ?

nosy parker

Mouseketeer
I didn't want to hijack the other thread, so i thought I'd start a new one.I've seen other threads where people order things online and ship directly to the resort for their arrival. Has anyone done this with Disneyshopping.com?

I would love to order a few things but I keep hearing the taxes and duty are a killer when shipping to Canada. Besides we go at the end of the month and you never know how long shipping will take when it crosses borders.

If anyone could tell me exactly how to go about having it shipped to the resort, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

bumping, we are going soon and thought about trying this. However we booked through a CAA TA and i don't think my reservation# on the documents are the same as the ones Disney gave to CAA, so i am not sure if that is enough. on another note, i did order 1 time and got my shipment in less then a week to Canada(but not without hefty fees) SO if you are able to send to resort that would be awesome.

Just wondering how soon would you need to do it?

I tried it once and my things never showed up. I looked up the address on line. My suggestion to you is to call the resort that you want it sent to and get the address from them. Good luck.

I've done this twice and I'll never do it again.

The first time everything worked out ok, but the order was only for 2 polo shirts.

Last year we order a bunch of items and the order showed up in pieces. A couple of tshirts here, pajama bottoms there.... We were staying at the POFQ, but the main mailroom for PO is at Riverside. The packages weren't held at POFQ for us. It took way too long to track down the packages, and to be honest, it was the LAST thing I wanted to worry about on vacation.

I know that you want to avoid taxes/duty...but I just wanted to warn you that shipping to the resort isn't foolproof.

GL with your decision.

I've done it tons of times and will continue to do so. Here is what you need to do:

1. Call the resort directly to get address - even if you have your confirmation paperwork call and ask them what shipping address to use as confirmation letters sometimes have different addresses (DVC does this as the confirmation letters have the DVC resort office address on them sometimes, and not the delivery address).

2. By calling WDW resort, you have them note that packages are arriving and this goes a long way in ensuring a smooth process as their holding rooms are organized each day based on guest arrival. There are front desk people who are in charge of organizing daily guest packages, and they will work with you to locate your packages if there should be an issue.

3. You will get email shipping tracking notices that will tell you how many packages have beeen shipped, dates and anticipated arrival. Print this off and bring it with you if you don't have your laptop with you.

4. Allow a few weeks for processing, shipping & delivery. Resorts will hold packages.

5. MOST IMPORTANT - Guest name needs to match with ressie, and, put your arrival date on shippng label as this is how resorts organize daily package delivery. Have the packages arrive BEFORE or at most on 1st day of arrival, just in case of problems. This way, you have some time to work with should a problem arise.

The most important thing to remember is that Disneyshopping and WDW does this each and every day - they are used to sending out packages and receiving packages, but, when you do the above-mentioned steps, you have gone a long way in making for a very smooth process.

The above problems by the other posters would have been averted had people done their homework BEFORE shipping the packages. When you call the resort directly to clarify shipping address, they will also tell you how their mailroom is set up in cases of shared rooms like Port Orleans, how long they can hold packages for, etc. and this information is important as it will help you determine what days to order your packages, amongst other things. If there is a glitch at the resort, no worries at it is their job to sort through the mess. It's Disney after all, and they will go above and beyond to make sure that everything is handled correctly, as long as you do your job in allowing enough time for delivery, proper address label, guest name (make sure it's the exact same name as on ressie), etc.

Happy shopping and happy shipping, Tiger :)

I have also done this multiple times over the last few years, and not just to Disney resorts. Never had a problem, but also because I always double check the addresses of the hotels, leave plenty of shipping time, and when I input the address to ship to, I put the first line as "(my name) arriving XX/XX/XX" and then c/o the name and address of the resort.

I always call the hotel directly before I leave to make sure the packages arrived, which if they haven't already done so, makes them add a note to my reservation that there are packages waiting as well so that the CM will notice that when I check in. Usually at the mods or DVC resorts, they can even arrange for the boxes to be delivered to the rooms (values it depends on how busy bell services are).

The above problems by the other posters would have been averted had people done their homework BEFORE shipping the packages.

I had done all my homework and all the things you mentioned in your post. I was well aware of the mailroom situation at the POFQ. It didn't prevent the mailroom from misplacing 1 of 3 packages that were sent from DisneyShopping when they broke up the order.

The bottom line for me is that the money I saved on shipping was not worth the time I spent trying to sort out the mistake.

Thank you so much everyone.

Tiger & Connorsmom, thanks for the detailed steps to follow. I will be sure to follow those.

I am a bit concerned, however, about if they do end up splitting the order into multiple shipments (as in ForKeeps' case). What happens if a portion gets to Disney after our trip?

Also, is now a good time to order for delivery during our stay Oct 30 - Nov 7?
Or is it too early/late?

Thank you so much everyone.

Tiger & Connorsmom, thanks for the detailed steps to follow. I will be sure to follow those.

I am a bit concerned, however, about if they do end up splitting the order into multiple shipments (as in ForKeeps' case). What happens if a portion gets to Disney after our trip?

Also, is now a good time to order for delivery during our stay Oct 30 - Nov 7?
Or is it too early/late?

Hi again,

When you place your order, they should send you an e-mail with a link to track your shipment, and it should tell you if they have split your order. Just follow the tracking and you'll know when it lands.

You could order this week, but it will probably beat you to the resort by a bit. I would think as long as you order by the end of this week, you should be fine.

Have done it a couple of times and I have never had a problem. I was able to track the shipment and see when it arrived at the resort. If on the tracking invoice I noticed that something was back ordered I would just call Disney.com and ask them to delete the item from my order and to credit my account. This way you do not have to worry about receiving another order before you leave and chance missing it.
My order this past August arrived at the resort in four days after I received my shipping # and that was during hurricane Faye:woohoo:
Just make sure to to follow all the instructions that have been listed above.
Good Luck:thumbsup2

I did this for the first time when I was there in Sept. I wish I would've done this years ago - I think of all the trips DH and I have taken, and we could've done some pre-shopping.

I saved big $$ on both shipping and souveniers, as I was able to buy all my neices and nephews shirts for $3.99 on the disney.com website!!

I have to tell you what we did, I used some of donatlie's DISigns (over on the DISign Community Board) and wrote a letter from Aurora to DD saying that she had found these for her. It also said there were some items for her cousins and it included a list for Mom. I slipped this note on the box as we arrived in the room. DD bought it and loves that Aurora bought her things. Her cousins totally ate it up too, as DD tells them that Aurora sent them the shirts. It was awesome!!

I wish I would have thought of it sooner this trip too, as I found I could also shop at Joann's and ship for free. But, they need 10 days to ship and I found it the day before we left. I could not chance it (even though we were there for 10 days).

I say GO FOR IT!! Happy pre-shopping!!

Amy

PS As for time frame, I ordered these items the Monday before we left and they were there on Monday when we arrived. According to my online tracking they actually arrived Thursday.

I didn't want to hijack the other thread, so i thought I'd start a new one.I've seen other threads where people order things online and ship directly to the resort for their arrival. Has anyone done this with Disneyshopping.com?

I would love to order a few things but I keep hearing the taxes and duty are a killer when shipping to Canada. Besides we go at the end of the month and you never know how long shipping will take when it crosses borders.

If anyone could tell me exactly how to go about having it shipped to the resort, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

We did this is April. I did all my souviner shopping online! A few things for my son... Placed my order about 2 weeks before we left. It was waiting at All Star Sports for us!!!

When you order online put your normal address for billing. The ship to address on mine read something like this

my name (Arrival April 16)
c/o Disney All star sports
then the address

We had no problems....well the only problem was that I wish i ordered more stuff...lol

I watched the tracking and then I printed out the signature confirmation of who signed for it at the resort and brought it with us incase they had to track it down.

bumping, we are going soon and thought about trying this. However we booked through a CAA TA and i don't think my reservation# on the documents are the same as the ones Disney gave to CAA, so i am not sure if that is enough. on another note, i did order 1 time and got my shipment in less then a week to Canada(but not without hefty fees) SO if you are able to send to resort that would be awesome.

we just put
name (arrival April 16)
c/o Disney all star sports
the hotel address.

I placed my order 2 weeks before and it was waiting at the hotel 4 days before we arrived!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter