• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shipping purchases home from DLR

BroadwayHermione5

DIS Veteran
I have seen and know a lot about the Florida parks but what is the deal with shipping stuff from DLR? We are at a good neighbor hotel and will probably do a bulk of our shopping the last day. Can we purchase lets say the infinity gauntlet drink holder and bring it to world of disney our last night to ship home?

Thanks,

BH5

We purchased a Christmas train set probably 5 years ago and had it shipped since we are out-of-state and flew. Everything went smoothly, but I don't remember much about it.

I do know that you can have it shipped right when it's purchased. So, we purchased our train set at a shop on Main Street and they filled out everything and took it right then. Not sure how much it costs, but I don't recall it being too bad. I'm not sure if you can have it shipped by Disney after purchasing, so I would ask right as you are purchasing the merchandise.

Well,I tried to buy the Castle cookie jar, at both Disney Home and World of Disney, and have it shipped… I got the reply, “We don’t do that now.” When I asked for it to be boxed to carry on plane, the reply was “it didn’t come with a box and we don’t have any”. Keep in mind, not a “cheap” item by any means.

Yeah, five years ago it would have been wrapped, boxed, and wrapped again. So much for Disney customer service….😂

Well,I tried to buy the Castle cookie jar, at both Disney Home and World of Disney, and have it shipped… I got the reply, “We don’t do that now.” When I asked for it to be boxed to carry on plane, the reply was “it didn’t come with a box and we don’t have any”. Keep in mind, not a “cheap” item by any means.

Yeah, five years ago it would have been wrapped, boxed, and wrapped again. So much for Disney customer service….😂
Interesting. In April I bought two Jim Shore figurines and no issues whatsoever shipping home. Wonder if that's a recent change and I'm going to call and find out because that will determine for my September trip if I will bring a small carry-on suitcase for stuff like that. I was just going to ship it home again.

That is not good! Did they at least wrap it up in paper?

When we purchased ornaments at the Christmas store on Main Street this past December, they wrapped all of them really well in honey comb wrapping paper which was surprisingly sturdy. I probably could have dropped them off the side of Mickey's Fun Wheel and they would have survived.

I’ve bought a number of things from Disney stores, notably World of Disney and Emporium. They’ve always shipped things for me… for a reasonable fee. Small things like a pair of calendars run about $6. Bigger things like shirts and spirit jerseys quickly run up into the $20 range. But they’ll handle the shipping from start to finish. All you do is provide an address and they’ll take it from there.

ETA: the last time I shipped something was about three months ago.

We purchased a Christmas train set probably 5 years ago and had it shipped since we are out-of-state and flew. Everything went smoothly, but I don't remember much about it.

I do know that you can have it shipped right when it's purchased. So, we purchased our train set at a shop on Main Street and they filled out everything and took it right then. Not sure how much it costs, but I don't recall it being too bad. I'm not sure if you can have it shipped by Disney after purchasing, so I would ask right as you are purchasing the merchandise.
We purchased probably the same train set on Main Street plus a boatload of ornaments and had them shipped. They all arrived in perfect condition about a week later.

We've never had any issues shipping things from the stores, but we've always done it at the time we purchased the items.

If the infinity gauntlet drink holder is the one sold at the drink stand, I would check at the stores first to see if they'll ship them. We've never tried shipping anything we've bought at a food venue and have never seen anyone ask. Considering how big or bulky some of the popcorn buckets are it seems like someone would have tried or at least asked.

If you're staying at a Good Neighbor....see if they can handle shipping for you. We did something a bit different on one of our trips out west. We shipped a box with some costuming stuff to the hotel., for us to pick up on our arrival. They held it, and delivered it to my room when we got there. It was only 1/2 full. When we made alot of big purchases, we put them in the other 1/2 of the box, and had the good neighbor hotel ship it back out. I shipped by FexEx ground. It was a large box, and it cost us $35 at the time. It arrived the day after we returned. Everything was intact.

That said, it might be an option. Just check with them before you make plans to make sure they're still doing stuff like that.

Does anyone know if we don't have room in our suitcase to bring stuff home, is there a place in GCH to ship some items home on our last day?

Wow. I’ve bought things for friends and had them shipped at least five times, most recently about two months ago. I’ve also bought things at one DL store and had them shipped from
another. Cost, as you might imagine, seems to depend on size and weight.

We shipped our droids home. This was on Thanksgiving so very recently. 4 droids for $35.00
Does anyone know if we don't have room in our suitcase to bring stuff home, is there a place in GCH to ship some items home on our last day?
I believe the Acorn Gift shop will ship items for you. I was in line behind a woman who was shipping several things. I would double check because I didn’t experience this first hand (officially).

When we bought our droids they directed us to the First Order store for shipping. My guess is not all stores ship, but you can take purchases to other stores to ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter