• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shipping items home from Disney AKL

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

i have been trying to research this but have been getting some mixed answers so apologies if this has been asked before. I was wondering if it possible to ship items/ souvenirs home from AKL? Unfortunately previous trips most things have been damaged when taking them in the suitcase so was wondering if this was possible at all?

many thanks.

Hi all,

i have been trying to research this but have been getting some mixed answers so apologies if this has been asked before. I was wondering if it possible to ship items/ souvenirs home from AKL? Unfortunately previous trips most things have been damaged when taking them in the suitcase so was wondering if this was possible at all?

many thanks.

We shipped a Light Saber to our house when we stayed at Jambo House this past July. Took it to the gift shop. Filled out paperwork where it's going to at the cash register. Paid for the shipping. They box it up for you. Was easy to do.

its very easy to ship from almost anywhere on Disney property. I made purchases in Disney Springs, at Epcot, and at the Contemporary and had no issues setting up the shipping right at the register. As a previous poster said, if you want to combine items you've purchased in different locations in one shipment, you just need all the original receipts.

It took 3-5 days for all the shipments to make it to my home. Each box was packed very well - one included wine glasses and they arrived in perfect condition. Disney will guarantee that your items arrive undamaged and they provide you with the information needed to reach out to them if there is a problem.

If you want to ship items not purchased on Disney property, you should be able to do it in the business center of a resort with a convention center. I've shipped my dirty laundry home from Beach Club. OP was asking about AKL and I realize they do not have a convention center.

We shipped a Light Saber to our house when we stayed at Jambo House this past July. Took it to the gift shop. Filled out paperwork where it's going to at the cash register. Paid for the shipping. They box it up for you. Was easy to do.
Thank you, that’s great to know. I was hoping to do it from the gift shop as like another poster said AKL doesnt have a convention centre.

Thank you, that’s great to know. I was hoping to do it from the gift shop as like another poster said AKL doesnt have a convention centre.
You would only need a convention center if you are planning to ship items you did not purchase at Disney.

A store in Disney Springs offered to ship my purchases home for me a few months ago, which suggests that Disney is still in the business of being willing to ship packages for you.

Yes you do, and I don't think they will include items not purchased on Disney property.
I will say that if it is obviously something you can only get at Disney, they will find the bar code and scan it for you to calculate the fee to ship home (although that may in fact be its own fixed price that has a dedicated UPC code).

That's what happens when you are so busy shoving receipts in your pocket that you lose the one for the Savi's lightsaber and want to ship it home. Or, so I hear. I'd never do something like that.

I noticed you used centre instead of center. For a while, I don’t think they were shipping to the UK. Not sure if that has changed or not. I saw a PlanDisney answer saying they do, and I saw another one saying they don’t - both from 2023 (I never trust PlanDisney.)

Anyone? Bueller?

This was 20 years ago and after we got married at WDW: Friends/family gave me a bridal party at GF. It was too much to pack and bring on plane. Got boxes (don't remember where) and packed it all up and took to front desk and shipped it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter