Shipping Items from Resort Now???

mtfarlin

Mouseketeer
I just looked at the posts from "Shipping to and from Disney Resorts FAQ" and really did not know how up to date it is since the last post was Feb 2021 of this year. Was wondering if you can now ship items home from your Resort (staying at WL) and how you would go about it. Thanks for any updated info..

We shipped items home in the latter half of July. Purchased a bunch of tiki related things at the BouTiki at the Poly (may have been a case of Trader Sams induced shopping).

Process was: buy items and tell CM at the store that you would liek to have them shipped. Give address. They figure out cost (it was reasonable, not crazy Disney markup). Sign some papers. A week or so later the package showed up at our home.

They would not ship the souvenier tiki mugs we purchased at Trader Sams. Something about only being able to ship items that they have in their merchandise system.

Just leave everything that you purchased in your room...checkout...go home...call resort and tell them that you left some stuff in your room. They will ship it to you for free. So easy and fast.

Ok so above is a joke, but Wife and I bought a bunch of stuff for our family for Christmas. My wife put the bags in the closet on the top shelf so the littles didn't see the gifts. We left, got home, and she was like "where is all that stuff we bought??"

We called and they said they had found it and asked if we wanted it shipped home. I asked if they could put the charges on my card on file and they said not to worry about it. We thought that was pretty cool.

So now we just pack our suitcases, put them on the bed and leave. We get home, call and tell them we forgot them and they just mail them back to us....so much easier than lugging them to the car...and if you fly, no baggage fee....win win!! <----- K this is a joke also... :)

I did this last December. I bought too much to fit in my luggage (go figure at the holidays!). I brought all of my purchases to the gift shop at my resort. They did not have to be purchased only at the resort but anywhere from WDW as long as it was a Disney owned store (not most of the stores from Disney Springs). You bring all of your receipts, they wrap the items and you pay based on dollar amount (if I remember correctly). Much less expensive than buying another suitcase and paying for another check in. Oh - and they do not accept food. Hope this helped!

I did this last December. I bought too much to fit in my luggage (go figure at the holidays!). I brought all of my purchases to the gift shop at my resort. They did not have to be purchased only at the resort but anywhere from WDW as long as it was a Disney owned store (not most of the stores from Disney Springs). You bring all of your receipts, they wrap the items and you pay based on dollar amount (if I remember correctly). Much less expensive than buying another suitcase and paying for another check in. Oh - and they do not accept food. Hope this helped!
thanks it did help...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter