Shipboard Credits

Tony M

Remember 1999
I just downloaded a the form from the Official Disney Cruise site for pre-paying for Cabin gifts and Gifts of Shipboard Credits.

My question is...

What happens to the leftover "credits" at the end of the cruise?
Can You "Cash Out"?

THANKS!!!

No, you can't. It's VERY easy to spend all of your credit, though, so don't worry. :)

I thought that I had found a way to avoid carrying lots of cash or traveler's checks by just pre-paying for our good time to the Ship's Account.
I guess I'll just run up a debt with my KTTW card and settle up the last day.
Is this Correct?

Actually if you put a credit card authorization at the beginning of the trip you don't have to settle up the last day, it is all magically charged to your card. :) If you have the pre-paid credit and you go over that amount you would need to settle up with cash, traveler's checks or the credit card. You still could avoid settling up the last day by putting the credit card down in advance for any overages.

Enjoy! :)

I was hoping to give each child of mine ( I have 6 ) some credit for stuff onboard for Christmas. Will they let me put a spending limit on each name in the cabins? or is it just be cabin #? I have different ages of kids and some are more spendthrifty than others. I was also encouraging them to save their own earnings for things they want on the cruise, and since they can't use cash, this would be a nice way for them to feel more grownup, and manage their own vacation money. :jester: :jester:
Thanks Melissa

Is this new? I had never heard of this feature. I just looked on the Disneycruise.com site and can not find anything, can someone post the lnk?

Thanks

I just got off the phone with a representative from DCL. She said the onboard credit issued is in t e form of a certificate and if they spend part of it on say in the ships, shops, the change is given in the form of another certificate. It is NOT tied in with a spending limit on the KTTW card. It is also not for use on Castaway Cay..only the ship. I think it might be a good idea to give each of my kids a small amount, but I now they are going to want to have cash for souvineers on the islands. I am going to think on this for a while..Thanks everyone......Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter