Ship Showers- Hot Water

ZephyrJG

Earning My Ears
So here's a maybe weird one:

How fast does the hot water run out in the state rooms?

We will have 4 adults in our group, and I foresee us all wanting to shower before dinner (along with the rest of the ship).

Has anyone ever had any issues with the hot water running out?

I have no problem with staggering shower schedules, it would just be nice to know ahead of time!

Thanks!

(We will be on the Fantasy, Deck 6, 11-night cruise)

I have never encountered this on any of our cruises. And I have a 15 year old daughter who loves long showers, a 14 year old son and husband who love hot showers as well. :)

I will admit though that from time to time I will go up to the showers in the locker room by the Fitness center and spa to have some peace and quiet while I get ready. Shhh...don't tell anyone. lol

We will have 4 adults in our group, and I foresee us all wanting to shower before dinner (along with the rest of the ship).

I have no problem with staggering shower schedules, it would just be nice to know ahead of time!

Thanks!

I've never had it run out yet. My husband thinks the heat may come from the engine heat and doesn't run out.

You can also split it up by using the showers in the fitness center. I've not had to use them, but I understand they're larger than the showers in the rooms, if that's a concern.

Hi!

I've never experienced running out of hot water. There's always been 3 adults in my stateroom. We staggered at times, but also ended up showering pretty close together sometimes.

I wouldn't think that the cabins have individual hot water heaters. The hot water heaters are probably for sections of the ship.

Thanks!

Count me in as never running out of hot water either. I'm sure the ship is like the vast majority of hotels and each cabin or room does not have individual water heaters. There are massive ones throughout the ship to keep us fully supplied.

I've been on 6 cruises (DCL and other lines), all 7-10 days each, and always with 4 people in the stateroom who all showered at night right before bed. Even when my sister and I were in high school/college (prime years for shower-hogging), cruising with our adult parents - we never ran out of hot water! I'd be surprised if that ever happened on modern cruise ships (other than a section-wide hot water issue).

We've cruised with 5 and 4 to a stateroom before and never run out of hot water. We've all showered as soon as we returned from our snorkeling excursions, so back-to-back, and never had an issue. That said, the water does get HOT so be careful you don't get burned, especially with little ones and elderly persons traveling (thickness of skin + temperature of water and time exposed = degree of burn/depth of burn); doesn't take but a few seconds to get really bad burns in babies and in the elderly population.

+1 To another vote for hot water never running out. I travel with 6 but 4 in one stateroom and 2 in another. I stay with the group of 4. After excursions or before dinner we all shower simultaneously. Everyone takes long hot showers. Vents in the bathroom also help keep mirror(s) from getting fogged.

It's not going to run out for you unless it is for the entire ship. They don't have water heaters for each cabin, so it is a continuous supply. It would be a major problem if they ran out of hot water. With that said, it can get very steamy in the rooms. The bathrooms are small and as soon as the door opens you are hit with a massive wave. That is a good reason for staggering showers to let the heat dissipate.

If anyone could drain the hot water during a shower it would be my 17 year old son- lol. Never had a problem. That being said, I have been known to saunter up to the locker rooms at the fitness center to pamper myself a bit :)

Ours never ran out.

It steamed the wrinkles out of 4 dresses and showered the 5 of us :)

After 18 Disney cruises, showering twice a day most days, with 4 of us in the cabin, I have never had a cold shower.

Thanks!

It becomes very hot very fast but the pressure is not awesome.

I am actually very impressed that late afternoon when most people leave the pool area and are most likely showering that water pressure and hot water never run out!!!

MJ

Ocean water is desalinated by heating it to boiling with an evaporator. The steam is collected as fresh water. Since just about all of the fresh water on a cruise ship is generated with this process, then the amount of hot water available is almost the same as the amount of fresh water available. You would not run out of hot water unless the ship run's out of fresh water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter