• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shiki Sai - Fireworks Viewing

AdrienneP23

Earning My Ears
I am thinking about making a reservation for Shiki Sai for an upcoming trip this January. Does the restaurant have fireworks viewing? If so, I would try to get a late reservation. If not, we might shoot for lunch instead.

Bonus question: How are the kids options 👍👎?

I am thinking about making a reservation for Shiki Sai for an upcoming trip this January. Does the restaurant have fireworks viewing? If so, I would try to get a late reservation. If not, we might shoot for lunch instead.

Bonus question: How are the kids options 👍👎?
I had this same question. From the photos it looks like it might not be near windows?

We did lunch with the kids there in Oct and it did have windows that looked over the water, but only a handful of tables are right next to the windows. Not sure how difficult it would be to sit there during fireworks, but might be worth the try.

My 9 year old loves miso soup. We ordered a bowl for his lunch with a side of rice; he was very happy with the version at Shiki Sai.

My 6 yo ordered the Temaki Sushi Set which honestly I should have ordered as well. He loved making his own sushi rolls and trying the different types of fish. A little pricier than the average kids meal, but the choices and quality in the set were great.

We have eaten there twice, a party of two, and both times we sat at a window table. It was daytime but had it been evening we would have been able to see fireworks well from our table. The food is very good if you enjoy sushi especially. It’s not cheap but very good quality fish for the sushi They have a nice selection of smaller bites that would be good for kids like a Japanese fried chicken etc. I don’t recall if there was a kids menu but the larger choice of smaller plates is a good option for kids

This may be my new favorite restaurant at EPCOT. The entire experience from check-in to departure was amazing. The staff are all extremely polite, friendly, and helpful. The updated space is beautiful. The menu is a work of art. And the food - oh my! Everything we had - sushi, rolls, soup, tempura/fried items, noodle/rice dishes, and more were amazing! The only problem was deciding what to order. Looking forward to returning and trying a bunch of completely different items.

We have watched fireworks from the balcony outside and it really was a very good view. Haven't dined there since the remodel, but previously, there were not a lot of seating with window views.

Pushing this back out….what reservation time have people done to have the best chance of a window request for Luminous? We are going for 7:40p for a night in March.

We did eat there in December and about 8 tables in the restaurant have decent view of the show and maybe 4-5 are window front with awesome views of the show. When we checked in we were told that we could wait an extra 20-30m for a window front table— so my advice would be to make a reservation for slightly earlier than you’re hoping to eat and assume you’ll need to wait an extra 30-45m to be seated. FWIW, I think all the tables near the window are 4 tops, though we saw a couple tables that were couples seated at them. I think bigger parties get seated in a different part of the restaurant, though we had a table of 4 that was squeezed into a table for 5.

We were a party of two at a 4 top by the window. Good thing because we ordered so much to try many things. A highlight of our trip.
Yeah, we had a great experience. It might be tough for families with picky eaters, but if you love real Japanese food it doesn’t get any better than this (in Florida anyway). We didn’t care about the view, only went for the food and we’ll keep going back for the food.

Thank you to everyone for the quick posts! We love sushi and getting a chance to see Luminous from our table or balcony in front seems like a real plus. We did the 7:40 as we thought it may be a wait for a requested table. It’s only two of us this trip so I hope we can get close.
Mike

Thank you to everyone for the quick posts! We love sushi and getting a chance to see Luminous from our table or balcony in front seems like a real plus. We did the 7:40 as we thought it may be a wait for a requested table. It’s only two of us this trip so I hope we can get close.
Mike
Unlike many other restaurants where you check in on the app, Shiki-Sai has actual people staffing a booth below the restaurant where you check in in person. I recommend showing up around 7:20-7:30 and explaining that you would really like a table by the window and you are willing to wait as long as necessary. They should be able to tell you if it’s possible and approximate return time.

I wouldn't consider it fireworks viewing, since people will stand on the balcony and block your view. But they do have windows which overlook the lagoon.

I wouldn't consider it fireworks viewing, since people will stand on the balcony and block your view. But they do have windows which overlook the lagoon.

From what I remember from when it was Tokyo Dining, the baloney sat a few feet below the restaurant floor. So the view is slightly over the heads of the crowd on the balcony.

But we usually dined before or after, and watched from the balcony.

Last edited:
Unlike many other restaurants where you check in on the app, Shiki-Sai has actual people staffing a booth below the restaurant where you check in in person. I recommend showing up around 7:20-7:30 and explaining that you would really like a table by the window and you are willing to wait as long as necessary. They should be able to tell you if it’s possible and approximate return time.
Thank you! This was going to be my strategy, but great to know that we can do it outside. I saw the balcony “standing” and it looked like they were below the level of the restaurant. We are excited to try this as it’s new to us. We have a set pattern of Epcot dining and this breaks our routine…:) Our trip in December was with non-sushi family.
Mike

They have amazing non-sushi items, too, for anyone hesitant to go. My husband is not a fan so we mainly split 5 or 6 other types of dishes.

Thank you! This was going to be my strategy, but great to know that we can do it outside. I saw the balcony “standing” and it looked like they were below the level of the restaurant. We are excited to try this as it’s new to us. We have a set pattern of Epcot dining and this breaks our routine…:) Our trip in December was with non-sushi family.
Mike
I hear you. Our kids love Teppan Edo and the hubby and I love Monsieur Paul (I also real enjoy Space 220 when we can get in), I’ve always wanted to try Le Cellier but we could never find time for it and now we have another “must visit” restaurant. At least with GOTG it’s easier to agree on spending every night of the trip in EPCOT. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter