Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas, Lake Buena Vista/Orlando

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
I'm about to book a 1 bdr villa and I just wanted opinions of anyone that has stayed here. I'm not going to any parks and it's just a quick trip to get away from some terrible things I'm dealing with right now.

I was also wondering if I need to rent a car or if the shuttle is decent. Or would Uber be a better choice, as I'm only planning on going to Disney Springs and then I plan on taking a bus to a resort for dinner.

I never travel alone, so I'm a little apprehensive

Last question: Is there a better section to request?

The Vistana is great, and you can book with confidence. There are different sections, called phases, and they are spread out across the resort. Which section is “better” is a bit subjective, but know that any of them will be clean and comfortable. You might want to take a look at the map to get a sense of where they all are. Some are a bit more isolated, others are nearer to food, activities, etc. There are several pools, each with a slightly different feel. Although you can use any of them, the resort is large and spread out, and it’s not always convenient to pool hop to another phase. The area really feels more like a condo complex than a traditional resort. If you would prefer something more compact, you might want to check out the similarly named Sheraton Vistana Villages.

I’ve had a car when staying there, so can’t speak to shuttles, but Uber/Lyft are very plentiful in that area, so you should have no trouble even if the shuttle isn’t convenient.

I'll second @ClapYourHands . I've stayed in 3-4 sections of it over the years and always had clean, comfortable units w/ plenty to do on the resort grounds. Side note - For anyone out there with II or RCI accounts that haven't tried this resort, 2BR units often show up in the $300-400 per week price range - it's a steal at that price. Clean, comfortable units and the grounds are well-maintained. I know distance to parks isn't a factor in your case, but they are closer to the Vistana than some of the on-property resorts. I'm headed there later this summer and have nothing but good things to say about the property/staff.

One thing to keep in mind is the Wi-Fi is reported as being spotty at best to non-existent as well as some cellular service. Keep that in mind if you will need reliable internet and phone service.

If you are booking a 1BR there are only 2 phases that you could be in; Cascades or Lakes. Most of the resort are smaller buildings with only 2BR villas.

I wouldn't rely on the shuttle. There is a charge, and the schedule is pretty sporadic. Better to Uber, even better to Lyft to the parks (they have a deal with Disney - better access). Not sure if you have been to Orlando before, but the area is VERY spread out, so for us a car is essential. Especially if you want to get away for a bit of shopping therapy, get groceries, or head to an area restaurant. Again, that is personal choice and Lyft/Uber are good options and pretty reasonable. Orlando used to be one of the least expensive car rental markets (too much competition) but I understand that has changed post COVID, so that could make rideshare an even more attractive option.

If you want more information on the resort, there is a very long running (and very long) thread about the resort going here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-sheraton-vistana-resort-thread-key-links-on-p-1.3148502/

Vistana is great, but wifi and cell service are really spotty. If those aren’t an issue, it’s a great property. I would request Lakes personally. Car rental is easiest IMO, but otherwise you can use uber/lyft. Don’t bother with the shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter