Sheraton Park Hotel vs. Holiday Inn Anaheim

TikiTikiFan

DIS Veteran
Looking for input from anyone who’s stayed at either of these hotels. For reference, this is the Holiday Inn over by the freeway on Manchester.

Here’s the cons that have me going back and forth...

The distance with the Holiday Inn has me nervous. We never walk anyways due to issues I have with my legs (conserve that energy!) and use ART but this is still pretty far. Has anyone used ART at this hotel before? I have no issue with ART, we use them all the time and prefer it over Uber. But on their website the route looked complicated and mentioned a transfer. Is that true? This is honestly the biggest thing holding me back for going with this one!

As for the Sheraton, the reviews have me a bit meh. Lots of negative reviews about cleanliness and broken thermostats. I’m not too picky though but that’s a high price to pay if it’s true. I do love the look of their pool and the closer proximity is a plus. I don’t enjoy being near the convention center though. I didn’t particularly care for the Anaheim Marriott because of that last month because every amenity was always filled with huge lines because of the conventions making that on-site pizza/Starbucks pretty useless. Does anyone know if the Sheraton requires a large nightly deposit since they offer room service? They’d be another con in my book. Any experience with the Sheraton? Is it pretty mellow and a little less hectic than what we experienced over at the Anaheim Marriott?

Any input on these hotels welcome! My priorities this trip are really focused on the pool but without paying too much (I’m cheap, I’d rather save that money for Disney!) and these two hotels fit a nice budget medium while having good pools... or at least they look like it in the photos! I also like having on-site food and good convenience stores since I don’t rent a car.

If it helps, we’re going in August.

@TikiTikiFan here is my review of the Sheraton Park Hotel from our stay in July. Over all we liked it and I'd stay there again, as long as temps were not high as my primary issue was the A/C did not keep the room as cool as I think it should be. The location was great, easy walk to Disney either Harbor or Downtown Disney.

We were at the Sheraton during a large conference that was going on at the Hilton/Convention Center and Marriott. I am glad that we stayed at the Sheraton, it was very mellow by comparison. While it wasn't a conference hotel, there were a number of people from the same conference staying there, who also enjoyed that it was quiet.

The pool is really nice, though we never had the time to enjoy it. There are some photos attached to my last post.

While I think the Sheraton needs an update, I still wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

While I think the Sheraton needs an update, I still wouldn't hesitate to stay there again

That doesn’t bother me, heck we usually stay at the Clarion! But I wanted to mix it up and find a better pool. And that pool does look amazing! We always take a pool break in the summers and that looks like a great area to relax.

Do you know offhand if they charge a large nightly deposit? Sometimes those chains do those $50 per night holds and I’m not too keen on that.

@TikiTikiFan I'm not sure on the hold to be honest, might give them a call. 1 714-750-1811

They were really good about dealing with have 2 reservations (one for work and then personal) including my restaurant charges going to the appropriate card. I can't say I noticed a big hold on either card.

One thing on Yelp is to look to see if the person checked in once ore more times, I see most negative or complaint reviews from people that don't check in and don't have a history of checking in. That helps me feel I'm getting a more honest review, not just a person with an axe to grind.

The DIS team did a review of the Hyatt House, above Walgreens, have you cheked them out? I don't think the pool area is nice, but gave it good reviews.

Last edited:
We love the Sheraton Park -- it's one of our go-to hotels at DLR. We didn't experience the thermostat problem noted by the pp, but our most recent room was on the opposite side from his -- our room faced the pool, so maybe that made a difference in the overall room temp? We always walk (and enjoy it -- good warm up and good cool down), but lots of people go to TS to take the free shuttles. So that's another option for you. We've never had to pay a deposit for any of our reservations. The front desk staff have usually been great. And having the 24/7 CVS so near is very convenient.

I agree with @theluckyrabbit I think I'd request a pool side room, I think part of the problem was the heat our room got from the sun, it just couldn't keep up (not an excuse though). Plug the traffic noise coming off of Katella and Harbor by Disney was pretty loud.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn on Manchester....twice unfortunately. Both times through Hotwire. Both times were not great. Rooms were not as clean as I would like (i.e., hair on the sheets that wasn't ours...) and lots of noise from neighboring rooms. Not from guests, but from the doors that slam closed. It was really loud. Hope that helps!

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn on Manchester....twice unfortunately. Both times through Hotwire. Both times were not great. Rooms were not as clean as I would like (i.e., hair on the sheets that wasn't ours...) and lots of noise from neighboring rooms. Not from guests, but from the doors that slam closed. It was really loud. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the input! Did you decide to use ART to get to the parks?

We love the Sheraton Park -- it's one of our go-to hotels at DLR. We didn't experience the thermostat problem noted by the pp, but our most recent room was on the opposite side from his -- our room faced the pool, so maybe that made a difference in the overall room temp? We always walk (and enjoy it -- good warm up and good cool down), but lots of people go to TS to take the free shuttles. So that's another option for you. We've never had to pay a deposit for any of our reservations. The front desk staff have usually been great. And having the 24/7 CVS so near is very convenient.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. Is the pool as cool as it looks in the pictures? It looked so tropical and pretty which was the big selling point for me! So far I’m leaning towards the Sheraton now. I’m like a lizard so the heat never bothers me so if the rooms get warm in the summer that shouldn’t be a dealbreaker.

Thanks for the input! Did you decide to use ART to get to the parks?
When we stayed, it was on arrival day and we didn't go to the parks. We stayed one night and moved to the PPH. But usually, if we stay at a hotel that isn't walking distance, we just take an Uber or Lyft. =)

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. Is the pool as cool as it looks in the pictures? It looked so tropical and pretty which was the big selling point for me! So far I’m leaning towards the Sheraton now. I’m like a lizard so the heat never bothers me so if the rooms get warm in the summer that shouldn’t be a dealbreaker.
We haven't used the pool area yet (we're usually in the parks all day!), but all the reviews from friends and family have been positive!

Ditto. I liked the Sheraton Park Hotel when I stayed there a while ago and never experienced any issues with the thermostat. However, it seems as though that might've happened after my stay. My only complaint is that it is kind of far from the park in terms of walking. Although you said you won't walk anyway, I always do walk from the hotel so it's easier to stay somewhere close. Since that's not a problem for you, I'd say you'd be just fine there as it was clean and the customer service was good. No complaints from me! I

Alright, I made my decision and we’re going with the Sheraton! Now to just start the countdown to August.... 😂

Thank you everyone for the input. I’m excited, those hammocks by the pool look heavenly for our afternoon breaks.

The Sheraton is my go-to hotel when I can't afford the Disney hotels. I've probably stayed there 20 times and never had an issue. The pool is nice, not as nice as DLH, but better than many of the cement ponds at other surrounding hotels.

Can someone help me first time. I want a clean nice family hotel closest to Disneyland.mi am a 22 years DVC member and gonna try to start booking at 8 am est tomorrow
Was looking at Candy cane inn,Camelot inn. Which is best and closest or others right there.
Read these two threads and ask any questions in the second thread:
"HydroGuy's Hotel Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862
"Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You" www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/ -- there is lots of great information here!
We like the Candy Cane -- it's one of our go-to hotels at DLR (other than the Sheraton Park). Never had a bad stay there, great customer service, private shuttle that runs on time, generous continental breakfast, clean!, always do the Premium Rooms (larger rooms, small fridge and a microwave, DVD player, bathrobes, breakfast delivered to the room, etc.), free parking, an easy 8-10 minute walk to bag check if you don't take the shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter