Shelf Life of Unpopular Rides

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
After riding Fast and Furious as a walk on mid afternoon on a busy day, I’m wondering what the shelf life is for rides that are completely unpopular? I assume Universal spent a lot of money on FaF but if it’s not doing it’s job of keeping people busy how long will they keep it around? Are there any precedents of rides like that that were replaced quickly or do all rides live at least a couple decades?

I had read that the ride is hilariously bad, so went in with that expectation and was still disappointed. And squished.

I think with Epic Universe looming on the Horizon, its probably status quo for awhile.

best part of that ride is the pre-ride show where the cast members are cracking jokes about the characters on the screens and the cars you pass while in line.

the worst part of the ride is everything else.

Good point about Epic Universe. You’re probably right that not a whole lot is going to happen in the other parks until that’s done.

That’s how we felt about FaF too. The live folks were funny, nothing else was worth the time.

Last edited:

I had heard all of the bad reviews for this ride before I rode it too and felt like it was just like pretty much all of the other screen rides at the parks. Same story and similar uncomfortability.

I avoided this ride on my last 2 trips owing to what I'd heard everyone say about it, but on this months trip I'm finally going to give it a go, probably after a few drinks and see if its worth a drunken laugh if nothing else!

As long as people ride FaF, I would expect it to be open for a while. It is a big franchise, so having a ride for it probably makes sense, even if it is not a popular ride. I would imagine the cost of keeping it running is a drop in the bucket compared building a new ride. On our visits, we'll ride it if the line is short (<10 minutes), but it is usually too long for us to go. So a decent number if people still ride it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter