• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

She got cut off!!

I actually follow Ashley and she is definitely not new and inexperienced as someone else said may be the case.She was basically saying she was surprised that the character lines closed before the party ended because in the past that was not what she had experienced in the past at parties and she was even more surprised it happened in two separate character lines because like I said she hadn't experienced that in the past. I didn't take it as her being negative about it and she is always one to say what one experiences, another may not.

I hope I do. I have yet to have a bad time in 20 years. But I am nervous for our goodbye trip at the beginning of 2024.
I am sure it will be whatever you want it to be ... I am going later this month, January, and looking at a my first cruise in July ... haven't even begun our planning for the rest of the 2024 visits to WDW!

Watching one of my You Tube vloggers tonight at the party in the MK. She was trying to get in line about a quarter till 12 to see Pooh, and then a different character but got cut off both times!!
They told her something about the princess had to be back in the castle by midnight. She was not pleased and was surprised that it happened. Saying that this never happened before at a party she attended and she was entitled to party offerings till midnight, which is correct.

So is it starting to happen? Is Disney starting to snatch back what you paid for and skim off of the top that way? Could it trickle down to regular park nights soon?
She got to learn something new, yay!

This is nothing new. They've cut off the character lines for as long as I can remember.

I watched the snippet of this video and she didn't use the word entitled or seem as dramatic as this post.

Characters have always been this way…usually they will cut off line with rope saying the character has to do whatever is appropriate to that character…says the girl who can’t seem to ever meet Iron Man…three times at AC I always walk up just as line is closed.

I guess it’s just destiny that he and I don’t meet…maybe he knows I spend too much time with Cap 🤣😂

Last edited:
You don’t do characters, but amplified what a a YouTuber characterized as a negative experience on character meets and went further to posit that Disney was doing this (intentionally) to “snatch back and skim off the top” of party and regular experiences …
Some people post nothing but negative comment after comment hating on Disney and everything they do on these boards no matter how untrue or just uninformed because they are already biased against the company. Anything bad already aligns with their views so it must be true.

It started in 2020. Rides used to always keep their lines open until the closing time and then run them out, but they started closing early if the ride still had a huge wait less than an hour before park close. Character performers can only be out for 30 minutes (or around that, I forget the exact number), so they'd rather cut the line than tell people who waited that they can't meet anyone.

It started in 2020. Rides used to always keep their lines open until the closing time and then run them out, but they started closing early if the ride still had a huge wait less than an hour before park close. Character performers can only be out for 30 minutes (or around that, I forget the exact number), so they'd rather cut the line than tell people who waited that they can't meet anyone.
Yep! 30 minutes normally, and when it gets to a certain temperature, then 20 minute sets.

I don't believe ride lines closing earlier than park closing is the norm. In very rare instances I have heard it happening with Rise but that's the only reported case I have heard about in years.

Guests are permitted to join attraction queues until 1 min before park closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter