She Dodged a Hurricane, Skipped School, and Adopted a Porg, a September 2019 TR at Copper Creek Villas at WL (Completed 12/18)

It looks like the menu at Teppan Edo has recently changed (maybe after you got back), and now the filet is available only as a $29 "add-on"? Does that mean you would have to order another entree and then pay an extra $29 to also get the filet? If so, that would be too much food and would also cost more than twice as much....

It looks like the menu at Teppan Edo has recently changed (maybe after you got back), and now the filet is available only as a $29 "add-on"? Does that mean you would have to order another entree and then pay an extra $29 to also get the filet? If so, that would be too much food and would also cost more than twice as much....
Yikes! This change was definitely after our trip, since the filet was a regular menu item choice when we were there. We have it scheduled for February, so we'll report on the situation then, but hopefully this gets resolved before then. I love the filet, but am not likely to pay $29 to get it in addition to another entree that I don't want. I understand making it something separate from the dining plan, but there has to be a better way to get filet as an upgrade. Time will tell. Thanks for breaking the news, and warning others.

I was planning to return to Teppan Edo during my December-January trip, and this puts a damper on my plans, too. I also don't want to pay an extra $29 in addition to buying another entree that I don't want anyway (and I couldn't finish it all last time, even with just one portion). Disappointing, assuming we're correctly understanding the new menu.

I was planning to return to Teppan Edo during my December-January trip, and this puts a damper on my plans, too. I also don't want to pay an extra $29 in addition to buying another entree that I don't want anyway (and I couldn't finish it all last time, even with just one portion). Disappointing, assuming we're correctly understanding the new menu.
Yeah, I am optimistic that there will be a way to order filet as a single entree, but they had to be tricky about it due to the dining plan. Perhaps there will be a basic entree option to add it to, or something. We will see, but we'll try it either way.

Joining in...love the report so far...great pictures....
Thanks! We're glad you found us, and especially glad that you like the pictures. They are our favorite part.
Joining in. Just got back from my trip from CA to WDW too.
Welcome! We're glad that you're here, and hope that you had as good a time as we did!

Yeah, I am optimistic that there will be a way to order filet as a single entree, but they had to be tricky about it due to the dining plan. Perhaps there will be a basic entree option to add it to, or something. We will see, but we'll try it either way.

I like your general optimism, which I have also observed on other topics. :)

I hope there will still be a way to order the filet as an individual entree. I'm not planning to order two entrees, considering that even one tends to be too much food, plus I don't want to waste money ordering way more than I want/need/can finish. If there is no way to order the filet separately, then I might try the New York steak instead, and if I don't find that to be as good, then Teppan Edo could fall out of my rotation thereafter.

It was thanks to your previous trip report that I went to Teppan Edo at all, and that I tried the filet while it was still available as one entree. At least I got to have it once. So, thank you for that.

I got up at 5:50 on Sunday and ran through the shower. I woke Melissa up at 6:15 before leaving the room to get some pics and apply some gift cards to the room balance. I chatted with a nice CM at the front desk about Galaxy's Edge, and which color milk was best. He was a fan of the Blue, but the Green sounded like a less sweet option. I told him we'd check back in after we went on Tuesday.

I filled my mug and went back to the room, where everyone was getting up and ready. Jon had made coffee, and they were sitting at the table enjoying it.

We had plans for a busy morning and no need to make breakfast.

I caught a shot of the 7:00 Geyser from the room balcony, then we packed up the kids and headed for the bus stop. We got down to the bus stop at 7:17, and it showed 7:20 for arrival of the MK bus.

It was a super quick trip to the Magic Kingdom.

We arrived at MK at 7:28 and walked right up to the gate. That's when Allie noticed she didn't have her Magic Band.

Luckily they were able to put her ticket info on a regular ticket card right there with an ipad. It was pretty incredible and in less than 3 minutes we were all walking down Main Street.

They do such a great job taking care of guests. We didn't even have to go to Guest Services. We walked down Main Street which had quite a few people because the park was about to open at 8:00.

We made our way to the castle, taking pictures on the way.

Then we watched the opening show.

It was pretty cute but I really miss the one at the train station. We only got to see it once but it was adorable.

After that it was time for BREAKFAST!

We got to Crystal Palace right on time for our 8:05 ADR, and checked in at the kiosk out front. Soon we got the text that our table was ready, and we were on our way to the celebration.

The food here was great as usual and the kids love the characters. They are all so cuddly and cute.

I really enjoy the made to order omelettes, and all the other great breakfast food, including the puffed french toast from the kids buffet. Marshall enjoyed meeting the characters and participating in the parade.

We saw Piglet first, then Tigger, Pooh, and finally Eeyore.

Crystal Palace is just one of those solid must do Breakfast places for us and it didn't disappoint this year either.

It feels like you don't pay for the characters in terms of high prices or low food quality, and we always all enjoy it.

After we had our fill of all of the breakfast lasagna and puffed french toast we could eat we headed out into the park.

Jon and Brandy headed for Pirates, while we took the kids towards New Fantasyland.

Our first stop was the Ariel ride, which is just like in CA but we haven't been on it in a while.

There was no line and just walked on the ride. It was all pretty new for Marshall and he really enjoyed it. It was just how I had remembered it.

Then we went over to Dumbo and basically walked right on.

Marshall really wanted to play in the play area but since there wasn't a line and it was still early in the day we wanted to get more rides in so we pushed him along and onto a flying elephant.

Next we all went and rode the Barnstormer, with only a couple of minute wait. While we waited we could see the new Tron roller coaster construction in the background.

Both kids really enjoyed the rollercoaster.

After Mine Train though I was pretty sure they'd both be fine with it. I'm pretty sure this was the first time Paul had been on it though.

I think so, since I had waited with Marshall while you rode it with Allie before. We then headed over and rode Pooh with only about a 10 minute wait before meeting back up with Jon and Brandy in front of 7DMT at 10:30.

We had a super productive hour of rides separately, then we then hopped on 7DMT with our fastpasses and everybody enjoyed it.

After Mine Train we had a fastpass for Peter Pan so we headed over to do that.

We got there just a little early, so we rode Tiny World one more time first.

Ah yes I missed that. Marshall even got his name on the goodbye screen.

(When we type these things Paul has all the notes. I just fly by the seat of my pants. Lol)

Marshall was concerned about Peter Pan at first but I think he really enjoyed that ride as well. It's all still pretty magical for him and he thought we were really flying.

It was a fun ride, and one we won't usually wait in the standby line for, so it was a nice use of Fastpasses.

With that, we'd already had a very productive MK morning and it wasn't even noon. Check back for more about the rest of our day in the next update.

Last edited:
I like your general optimism, which I have also observed on other topics. :)

I hope there will still be a way to order the filet as an individual entree. I'm not planning to order two entrees, considering that even one tends to be too much food, plus I don't want to waste money ordering way more than I want/need/can finish. If there is no way to order the filet separately, then I might try the New York steak instead, and if I don't find that to be as good, then Teppan Edo could fall out of my rotation thereafter.

It was thanks to your previous trip report that I went to Teppan Edo at all, and that I tried the filet while it was still available as one entree. At least I got to have it once. So, thank you for that.

I was just at Teppan Edo last week (on Wednesday night) and they had the filet on the menu as a regular entree. That is what both myself and my Mom ordered and it was as wonderful as ever.

I was just at Teppan Edo last week (on Wednesday night) and they had the filet on the menu as a regular entree. That is what both myself and my Mom ordered and it was as wonderful as ever.
Thanks. Whatever menu change might have occurred, seems to have happened after you were there. Glad you enjoyed the meal.

How great that they were able to solve your Magicband issue so easily!

Agreed on Crystal Palace- the food is good and the characters are fun!

Love to look at your WL pictures! Brings back great memories - especially the character totem pole in front of the Mercantile. We have many family pictures there. What a great MK morning! You got so much done before noon. Getting there early really works. I'll watch for an update on the rest of your day!

How great that they were able to solve your Magicband issue so easily!
It was amazingly simple, and the CMs were so friendly and positive about it. They acted liek it was no problem, and happens all the time, like it probably does. It is neat they have a system in place to get her access to the park so quickly. It involved scanning one of our bands, and her fingerprint, so they knew it was her, but it still amazes me that they did it so quickly right there.

Agreed on Crystal Palace- the food is good and the characters are fun!
We haven't skipped it on a trip since we first tried it, and don't have any intention of stopping. We used to enjoy getting into the park early, which isn't quite as special now with the new entry procedures where everyone can go down Main Street, but it is still a great must do meal.

Love to look at your WL pictures! Brings back great memories - especially the character totem pole in front of the Mercantile. We have many family pictures there. What a great MK morning! You got so much done before noon. Getting there early really works. I'll watch for an update on the rest of your day!
Thanks! It is our favorite place to take pictures, and it is so much fun getting to share them with other people who enjoy them. I started each day walking around taking pictures and tried to find something different each day.
We usually don't get that many rides in after a CP breakfast, but the crowds were still nice and light, and it was another party night so that might have helped keep them even lighter. By getting so much done in the morning we were able to relax more in the afternoon, and had a great day. We'll share the rest of it as soon as we get it together.

Last edited:
You guys had great crowds so far, and it’s great you were able to get so much done. We love CP too, it’s our second favorite character meal after Garden Grill. In regards to the Teppan Edo add on situation, as long as someone in your party orders an entree you can add on the steak enhancement for yourself. Just trying to clarify a little.

In regards to the Teppan Edo add on situation, as long as someone in your party orders an entree you can add on the steak enhancement for yourself. Just trying to clarify a little.
So if dining solo, one would have to order two entrees (filet plus some other entree), just to get one serving of the filet? No, thanks!

So if dining solo, one would have to order two entrees (filet plus some other entree), just to get one serving of the filet? No, thanks!
Yes, it’s pretty ridiculous. But OP will be dining with a group so he should be fine. I’m also not entirely sure this is a new practice, because we ate at TE in 2017 and added on a lobster tail as an “enhancement”. Maybe the filet was just added to this list but I know they’ve had an enhancement list for a while.

Yes, it’s pretty ridiculous. But OP will be dining with a group so he should be fine. I’m also not entirely sure this is a new practice, because we ate at TE in 2017 and added on a lobster tail as an “enhancement”. Maybe the filet was just added to this list but I know they’ve had an enhancement list for a while.
Yes, he should be fine if others in his group are ordering different entrees. Yes, the filet must have been recently added to this list, as I was able to order the filet entree separately in May. Thanks for the info.

Luckily they were able to put her ticket info on a regular ticket card right there with an ipad. It was pretty incredible and in less than 3 minutes we were all walking down Main Street.
I'm really glad that they mde it easy to get a ticket if you left your MB behind. We have had family members that forgot their bands more than once, and it usually took a long time to get through guest services.
There was no line and just walked on the ride. It was all pretty new for Marshall and he really enjoyed it. It was just how I had remembered it.
We can usually walk on this ride, even during busy times. It is one of the rides will will do when we have nothing else to do. ;)
It's all still pretty magical for him and he thought we were really flying.
How cute! They are little for such a short time.
With that, we'd already had a very productive MK morning and it wasn't even noon.
Was this a party day? There were a lot of rides that you walked on that usually have lines.

You guys had great crowds so far, and it’s great you were able to get so much done. We love CP too, it’s our second favorite character meal after Garden Grill. In regards to the Teppan Edo add on situation, as long as someone in your party orders an entree you can add on the steak enhancement for yourself. Just trying to clarify a little.
We do think the Hurricane kept crowds low at the beginning of the trip. It was also a party night which kept crowds a little lower at MK.
Thanks for the Teppan Edo info. I’m sure it will work out one way or another.

We wouldn’t be too excited about that either.
We might have a problem where all the adults want the filet, but Melissa volunteered to have Scallops if it helps. We have gotten the Wagyu enhancement the last few years, but the filet has always been a regular entree.
Yes, he should be fine if others in his group are ordering different entrees. Yes, the filet must have been recently added to this list, as I was able to order the filet entree separately in May. Thanks for the info.
I’m getting my favorite steak one way or another.
I'm really glad that they mde it easy to get a ticket if you left your MB behind. We have had family members that forgot their bands more than once, and it usually took a long time to get through guest services.
Yeah, we fully expected to have to wait at Guest Services (or run back to WL) but fixing it at the gate was great.

We can usually walk on this ride, even during busy times. It is one of the rides will will do when we have nothing else to do. ;)
That’s funny because we have waited in long lines for Ariel in CA. The kids do enjoy it.

How cute! They are little for such a short time.
Yeah, I think it was the first time for him riding it where he was old enough to know what was going on. We didn’t wait for it last year and couldn’t get a fast pass.

Was this a party day? There were a lot of rides that you walked on that usually have lines.
It was another party night, which worked out great in the morning. I don’t think we’ve ever ridden so much so quickly as we did these first two MK days. We enjoyed it, and it let us have a slower paced afternoon at the resort.

Last edited:
I'm joining in! I know I've read a few of your reports in the past and I'm excited about another one!

Your trip is off to a great start! Your room at the WL looks awesome - what a great view of the central courtyard! I really enjoyed our brief stay at WL in 2016 and would be happy to return there one day.

Wow, a ride in an amphicar AND a fireworks cruise?! What great memories! I'd love to try a fireworks cruise one day but I think it's unlikely with my small travel group. I think you're right that it's not a bad value with a bigger group.

You've had several great ADRs already. I've never eaten at the Boathouse but it would be right up my alley. I haven't been to Teppan Edo in years but I'd love to return once our daughter is a bit older. Crystal Palace breakfast is one of my FAVORITE meals at Disney - between the custom omelet station, the Pooh's puffed French toast, and the character lineup, it's such a great choice.

I'm excited to see what other fun you have in store!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter