Sharks at Discovery Cove

Wellard Stallard

Groovy DIS Chick with Attitude
I have read in my Brits Guide book that there is a pool where you think you are swimming with sharks and barracudas, and that you are separated by perspex. My DD hates sharks and I don't like them either. Can anyone tell me what that is like. Is it really scary. We have booked in for 17 October.

Thanks
Paula

:wave:

As far as I'm aware, you're separated from these fish with plexiglass. No matter what happens, the fish can't get to you. If you're expecting Jaws, I don't think they have that type of shark in the tank. :)

No nothing of the sort.

I was there in August, and that part with the plexiglass is in the snorkeling area/not the dolphin swim area.

I saw no sharks while I was there in August 2001.

The sharks are in the coral reef lagoon in a ship wreck in the middle. There are small sharks and barracuda seperated from the people by plexiglass. Nothing like the movie or stuff you see on tv, they're small. You have to be underwater to see them. It's hard to go underwater because your wet suit brings you back to the surface. There is also a tank near the back of the lagoon. If you don't go underwater and swim up to the windows, you'd never see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter