Sharing tables at restaurants

SkylarKD

Mouseketeer
I read that when you eat at The Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre at MGM, they seat you in "cars" with people you don't know. Does this happen at restaurants that have regular tables?

There will just be 2 of us on our trip, and I'm not generally a fan of eating with people I don't know. I have to be in the right mood to make small talk. (I know, I know, that makes me sound like a snob, but I'm just being honest! ;) Really, I'm a nice person! *L* :) )

I don't like sharing tables, either.:D

The only places where you share is at the luau at the Polynesian and the restaurant in Germany in Epcot. Now, I could be wrong here, so anyone please correct me.

At the Sci Fi, the cars have front and back seats that seat 2 or 3. So you would be in a seat alone, but there may be others in your car. All of you are facing forward, so you don't have to talk to them.

Love your Meg icon! That is my DD's name!

Another place would be at Teppanyaki, depending on your party size. But if you have 2, you would be seated with another party.

We went to Sci Fi and had a party of 2 sitting behind us. I couldn't even tell you what they looked like. You would have to turn completely around in your seat to talk to them.

Maggie

I don't like the thought of having to make small talk with strangers at a meal either, and this is a major reason that we avoid the restaurants in Germany and Japan. But we eat at Sci Fi every trip and it doesn't bother me in the least if there are other people in our car. Like others have said, they are seated in front of or behind you, and you would not be expected to speak with them. They're really no closer to you than people sitting in traditional booths. The only difference is you are all facing the same direction instead of back to back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter