Sharing on the DDP?

JJIRmom

Mouseketeer
okay so first let me start of by saying my 8 year old ds eats like a bird. Whenever we go out to eat as a family he and my dd who is 5 will just split a kids meal. And most of the time my ds doesn’t even finish his portion of the meal.
So we have the ddp and I am aware that I will have to pay for him at all the buffets and family style meals. We have reservations for 3 places that are not buffets. We are dining at T. rex, teppan edo, and skipper canteen. Can I at those 3 places have him and my dd share an entree even though we’re on the ddp? If I could do that it would save 3 ts credits.
The second part of my question is if I am able to have them share I would use those 3 extra ts credits and snag an extra reservation. I was thinking cape May buffet breakfast on checkout day. Could I use the ddp to pay for myself, dh & ds. Then pay oop for ds at the buffet since I would only have 3 extra ts credits.
Sorry if it’s a long confusing post! Thanks to anyone that can help a fellow mama out!

Yes, your dd and ds can share an entrée but I'm confused with your checkout day question. You say you have 3 ts credits left but only mention yourself, hubby and son - is your daughter not joining you? If not then that's fine but if so, you will need to pay oop for her as you mentioned, buffet credits can't be shared.

Hope that makes sense.

Yep, they are your credits to do with, share, give away as you please as long as the meal trying to be split isn't at a buffet. Share where you can, just don't run out of time to use them up because you paid for them, you want your moneys worth.

Your son is 8 right? So will have children's credits? Children's credits can only be used for children meals, so your plan won't work because you will have three children's credits.

Oh yeah, I wasn't paying attention to whose credits were which and whatnot. But yes, you can use those extra credits later but only as kids credits. So you can use your extras at Cape May for your daughter and son but you will have one kid credit left over and you'll have to pay for yourself and husband out of pocket. You can't upgrade it or pay the difference for an adult credit or anything like that.

Just a warning, my son was the same way when he was younger but when we were at the parks and more active and on sensory overload, he ate more and wanted his own meal. All I am saying is make sure that you have enough money to cover if for some reasons you don't have the credits left over that you anticipate.

There are no "kids' credits" for usage. That designation only applies to the price you pay for them.
What do you mean by that?
The DDP is clear that children must order off of the childrens menu where applicable. Those are indeed childrens credits. I have never, in all the discussion here, heard your comment before.

Yep, they are your credits to do with, share, give away as you please as long as the meal trying to be split isn't at a buffet.
Or an All You Care to Eat venue, or the Whispering Canyon skillet...
There are no "kids' credits" for usage. That designation only applies to the price you pay for them.
Best of my knowledge, credits are separated on the original DDP version.

Yes, your dd and ds can share an entrée but I'm confused with your checkout day question. You say you have 3 ts credits left but only mention yourself, hubby and son - is your daughter not joining you? If not then that's fine but if so, you will need to pay oop for her as you mentioned, buffet credits can't be shared.

Hope that makes sense.
Your right my daughter will be joining us. I was writing this post while drinking my coffee I guess the caffeine hadn’t kicked in all the way!

I thought they weren’t divided into kid and adult credits. Unless they have changed it I thought I remembered on our receipts they were just bundled together for example 12 TS credits left not 6 adult TS & 6 child TS.

So if they are separated into child/adult ts credits would I be able to break down each ts credit into 3 snack credits like you can do on quick service. I know i would be losing out on money if I did this but honestly if I’m using a ts credit on him and he isn’t eating the food that is more of a waste. I would rather grab 3 snacks and have some goodies for the ride home.

Last edited:
What do you mean by that?
The DDP is clear that children must order off of the childrens menu where applicable. Those are indeed childrens credits. I have never, in all the discussion here, heard your comment before.

Or an All You Care to Eat venue, or the Whispering Canyon skillet...

Best of my knowledge, credits are separated on the original DDP version.

I believe you are incorrect. For table service meals, your credits are divided into adult credits and child credits and will need to be used by the correct age group.

Many of you are right to some extent and I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.

We have only done the deluxe dining plan to date and I've NEVER noted a difference between adult and children credits on our restaurant receipt or hotel folio. We also have had no problem having children order off the adult menu instead of the children's for various eateries (mostly Signatures) but I think that's up to individual venues. Further, we have used excess credits to treat adult and kid guests on at least 2 occasions with no issues. Once was at the Boathouse and the other time, Morimoto Asia.

Could rules be different for the regular dining plan? Definitely but we've never used it so I'm not as cognizant of how credits are applied with that plan.

The QS plan certainly doesn't differentiate but also doesn't allow you to bundle credits at any TS places.

I would read the terms carefully to find out if for the regular dining plan the system shows a difference between children and adult credits.

If I still have any computer generated receipts from times on the dining plan I'll post it/them if I find one or more that is pertinent.

ETA: there are only 2 on property buffet or AYCTE venues we've eaten at: CG and 'Ohana, so my experience is quite limited although it seems that all will be charged there at a specific rate unless they are at the "free" age which is somewhere between 2 and 3 y/o. Never traveled to Disney with that age group.

Last edited:
I thought they weren’t divided into kid and adult credits. Unless they have changed it I thought I remembered on our receipts they were just bundled together for example 12 TS credits left not 6 adult TS & 6 child TS.

So if they are separated into child/adult ts credits would I be able to break down each ts credit into 3 snack credits like you can do on quick service. I know i would be losing out on money if I did this but honestly if I’m using a ts credit on him and he isn’t eating the food that is more of a waste. I would rather grab 3 snacks and have some goodies for the ride home.

On the regular dining plan (1TS, 1QS, 2snacks), the TS credits are definitely separated and kid's credits can only be used to purchase kid's meals, so your original plan won't work.

You can use the kid's TS credits to purchase either a QS meal or get 3 snacks in one transaction.

Thanks so much for your help! Sounds like child & adult are definitely separated. I will probably convert the extra ts credits into snacks!

:cutie:

Thanks so much for your help! Sounds like child & adult are definitely separated. I will probably convert the extra ts credits into snacks!

Apologies for the wrong information, I always thought they weren't divided into child/adult credits but I hope you have an amazing trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter