sharing my crappy news

BK1, you missed one. I had a claim where the woman complained that it hurt when she got her hair cut!!!

You are exactly right. I forgot hair has feelings and hurts when it is cut. Dang it! Good catch!:thumbsup2

As to the advice of hiring you own attorney. Here is what I did. I kept in touch with the attorney hired forme by the insurance company. This is what these guys do on a daily basis so they know what they are doing. I asked him that if at any time he felt I should contact my own attorney to obtain advice on assest protection to please let me know. It never came to that.

The company will hire some private detectives to watch this person and catch them bowling, riding a horse, moving furniture etc... that proves they are not injured. Sometimes they catch them, sometimes they don't. They will also look heavily into the medical history of this person to see if it was preexisting.

Here's my crappy news.... I received a letter from the IRS yesterday claiming I owe them an additional $1600 for 2006 taxes & they are payable by September 17th. I pulled my paperwork & went over it and it appears that this time they are correct. Crap!!! Just when I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel - this comes up!

It appears that a former employer of my DH paid continued to pay him commission on houses he sold prior to leaving that company, but failed to take out the taxes. I didn't claim it because I did not receive a W-2 or W-9 from them. I pulled the checks & lo & behold, no taxes withheld. I guess I'll call the IRS & see if I can put it on my Visa.:mad: :guilty: :headache:

Here's my crappy news.... I received a letter from the IRS yesterday claiming I owe them an additional $1600 for 2006 taxes & they are payable by September 17th. I pulled my paperwork & went over it and it appears that this time they are correct. Crap!!! Just when I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel - this comes up!

It appears that a former employer of my DH paid continued to pay him commission on houses he sold prior to leaving that company, but failed to take out the taxes. I didn't claim it because I did not receive a W-2 or W-9 from them. I pulled the checks & lo & behold, no taxes withheld. I guess I'll call the IRS & see if I can put it on my Visa.:mad: :guilty: :headache:

You cannot write of day trips to the fort and your little GEM Car Debbie!!!! Nor can you claim that wynotta ottah.

here's what I would do. Get in the explorer and start driving north. After you get into Canada, start driving towards Nova Scotia. Drive for an hour, then pull over to the providence courthouse and declare political assylum, stating you were oppressed in Fl. works every time.

I have a suggestion (even though you clearly did not ask for one), look over your 2006 return to find missed deductions.
I have had various family members come to me with IRS notices such as yours. One family member was able to decrease the tax owed, when we identified a missed deduction.
He paid the IRS by the due date to prevent interest charges and then refiled his taxes.
My FIL, tax return was a nightmare, he missed so many deductions, The man had rental property and was not deducting maintence and repairs!!!!!
I started redoing his return to refile, when I decided that I was going to kill him and sent him to my favorite CPA. In this case, there was $1000's of dollars worth of missed deductions.

The other ones had no such luck.

Anyways take a peek at your old return and hope something slipped by.
Especially, if you itemized.

Sorry to butt in.

I don't think that was butting in at all. In fact, that was very helpful.

It was very helpful! Thanks!

I just went through everything (I'm really anal about keeping my papers in order - to my benefit) and squeeked all the deductions I am allowed. It was my error and I'm just going to deal with it I guess. What ticks me off is that the former employer sent notification to the IRS about "contracted" income, but failed to send us the 1099. There was a change in ownership of the company during that time & I guess they missed it - but then again - so did I. "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's".

I have enough money in savings to cover it, but now I'm going to have to scramble again to save up to cover the Plasma TV we bought on 12 months no payments/no interest. I had just gotten the amount saved up and was actually going to pay it four months ahead of time - and now this. I'm glad I didn't write that check to GE Credit! It'll work out....it always does.:upsidedow

I did like Pete's idea about running away to Canada!!;)

Lawyers hate doing any real work so the form is standard one fits all form.
:rotfl2:

So True!

I feel really bad for you, although I agree that the between the police report and the witnesses you will turn out okay. :hug:

I hope you can put the situation on the back burner until your trip. We're going in October too!

Best Wishes!

And Debbie, that sucks about the IRS. I have the same problem, every time I think I'm about to get at least even something jumps up and slaps me back down to reality.

Sure sounds like a set-up. Keep in touch with your insurance company. Sometimes you need to fight fire with fire. I had a man back into my minivan and then tried to say it was my fault. Both he and his insurance company called me several times at home and work, basically harrassing me. Finally I got very upset and called my insurance agent and told her I was experiencing alot of neck pain since the accident and wasn't sure if it was from the accident or all the stress from the numerous phone calls. Two days later I received the cheque to repair my minivan. These scam artists need a taste of their own medcine, then perhaps the swoop and squat would lose it's appeal.:mad:

...I got very upset and called my insurance agent and told her I was experiencing alot of neck pain since the accident and wasn't sure if it was from the accident or all the stress from the numerous phone calls. Two days later I received the cheque to repair my minivan....

Nice....play by their rules and they crumble!!! I love it!!

here's what I would do. Get in the explorer and start driving north. After you get into Canada, start driving towards Nova Scotia. Drive for an hour, then pull over to the providence courthouse and declare political assylum, stating you were oppressed in Fl. works every time.

Sometimes I think you hopped the fence and escaped from a MENTAL ASYLUM!!!:lmao:

i have found that if you stay behind a large vehicle (like a semi or camper), you can leave some space and not a lot of people will pull in between you and that vehicle. they would rather race around the both of you and be in front.

most don't want to be the peanut butter on the sandwich.. not all of the idiots out there, but, most.. :laughing:

I am not familiar with Canada...but wouldn't your Auto Liability Insurance cover all of this? You shouldn't have to pay Legal fees.

That's what I thought. I was sued once over an accident. (Small money). I handed it over to my insurance company, and no legal fees whatsoever.

Nice....play by their rules and they crumble!!! I love it!!

Sometimes I think you hopped the fence and escaped from a MENTAL ASYLUM!!!:lmao:

I did, and then declared asylum in FL. They took me, go figger

I knew it...he saught refuge in the church of Gatordiety and claimed sanctuary!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter