Sharing Meals

Planner22

Earning My Ears
I am traveling to Disney in July/August of this year. We are traveling with 3 adults and a 10 year old. We tend to have small appetites especially in the summer heat. We plan on bringing a cooler backpack into the parks with some fruit and other snacks. I have seen that some entrees in the park are shareable but all of the suggestions I have found are several years old. Have portion sizes changed? Any good suggestions for shareable lunches to reduce food waste?

I personally never found qs meals shareable. I want my whole burger, tyvm. However we do skip fries on one burger and do share those. I’m not a huge fries fan.

You can always watch orders come out and see portion size at qs locations.

Now a ts burger might be shareable, they tend to be bigger than the tine qs version.

Sharing is never allowed at buffets, shows, aycte locations, etc.

I agree with @Pumbaa_ , I typically don't share QS meals. My wife and I rarely share QS meals at the park.

At Disney Spring, we might spare an QS meal especially if we are eating at D-Luxe Burgers. Their burger and fries are really good but really big portions. We typical split a burger and split an order of fries. If we are a little more hungry than usual, then we will split a large fries.

I agree with the others I do not find portion sizes shareable. I am sure that some will come here and say they do share. So I thin @Pumbaa_ suggestion to look at portion sizes and make y our own decision is a good one

We do tend to share most of our QS meals. There are 3 of us (all adults) and we get 2 meals and share between us. I find that most of the QS meals are large enough to share, but will agree that not all QS meals fit that bill. I would just look at the portions that others are ordering and make your decision based on that or you can always order food to share and if you are still hungry just order more.

There are many TS meals that can be shared, but rarely QS meals.
The only QS meal that I have ever found big enought to share was at Satu'Li, or the flatbreads at Pinocchios.

I would share as in order 2 meals for 3 of us, and the divide it up. Or else I am good with ordering no fries with one meal, and the other with fries. That saves a bit of money too. I have even ordered kids meals more than once.

I'm with you, I don't want to eat a ton at one time when it is really hot.

I don't eat a lot either. My husband and I sometimes share CS meals, sometimes with an extra side, sometimes not. The bowl at Satu'li Canteen would have been fine for us to share with a side, but we didn't. We always share the big platter at Flame Tree BBQ. We have shared the fajita platter at Pecos Bill in MK (I don't eat the tortilla shells, just the stuff that goes in them) with a normal amount of stuff from the toppings bar. We have shared the nachos at La Cantina in Epcot more than once.

We never share burgers or anything like that, but we rarely order them at all.

There are definitely QS restaurants in each park that have shareable meals.....or share 1 entree and a snack/side....especially if you have a small appetite.

Epcot: You can certainly share one of the Shwarma platters at Tangierine Cafe
Some quick service restaurants serve 1/2 rotisserie chickens.
Some quick service restaurants serve double cheeseburgers, which I feel are shareable.

We did this alot on our honeymoon-too excited to eat! We grazed on snacks, shared some meals, and it worked out just fine.

I agree that the portion of ribs in a Flame Tree meal in Animal Kingdom is big enough to share. We shared the empanadas at Fairfax Fare in Hollywood Studios. We also sometimes share an entrée but order an extra soup or side (not fries.)

A few places have platters of chicken nuggets and/or shrimp and/or fish with fries that I find shareable, but when it comes to burgers I want my own :)
Columbia Harbor House in MK and I think there's a place in HS that has a platter like that too but I can't remember.

Unless things have really changed we never didn't share in the parks. The benefit is that if something really doesn't fully fill you up I guess then you could just stop a couple hours later at another place to grab something.

Its our plan again to share when in the parks.

I ate at Backlot Express in HS and found the 4 chicken strip meal to be one too many. If you share 2 meals between 3 adults I think you'll be fine. I think there's enough add ons & snack options to give it a go.

Pecos Bill's has a 3 taco meal, between 3 adults could make 2 tacos each.

You mention eating less in the heat & we find we eat more at WDW due to walking a half marathon everyday. Particularly breakfast, we ate 2 small ones about an hour & a half apart or a morning snack without needing an afternoon snack. Really just trial & error figuring out how to balance needs.

I think sharing depends on where you go. We share at tangerines, those platters are huge! We share at Flame Tree. Again, generous portions and I hate wasting food. You can shae some meals at Cosmic Rays.

I will eat my whole burger at Backlot Express, but can sometime order two CS meals at Pecos Bill to share among three of us.

We find everything shareable. Some favourites include.....

Blaze Pizza
The ribs at The Polite Pig
The Lighthouse sandwich at Columbia Harbour House
Mongolian noodles at Lotus Blossom

We share a lot at QS places. DH and I find that most meals are shareable. If we are still hungry that gives us a reason to find a great dessert or treat to split.

Hubby and I often share one adult and one kid's CS meal - the adult meal is not quite enough to share, but two of them are too much, so this solution works well for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter