Sharing meals

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
Does Disney frown on sharing meals? We are planning to eat at La Hacienda de San Angel, but two of us are not big eaters. Looking at the menu, we already decided two people would get an appetizer and we would all share a platter. Yeah, we're crazy planners like that. Actually, my youngest would make a meal of beans, salsa and chips, but I'd feel odd not ordering something for her.

Certainly not frowned upon BUT i would check if they have a shared plate fee.

I dont ever share so i dont know but i know in DL which is completely different places do have shared plate fees.

Does Disney frown on sharing meals? We are planning to eat at La Hacienda de San Angel, but two of us are not big eaters. Looking at the menu, we already decided two people would get an appetizer and we would all share a platter. Yeah, we're crazy planners like that. Actually, my youngest would make a meal of beans, salsa and chips, but I'd feel odd not ordering something for her.

If you are not on the dining plan, you may order whatever you like and share it. On our recent trip we went to dinner at WCC. We were 7 adults & 1 child. Two people were not feeling great and one person was not finding anything on the menu appealing. Three of us ordered off the regular menu. One had only soup, one had only a salad and one adult ordered off the kid menu. One adult didn't order anything. Our server didn't have a problem at all.

They actually have platters at La Hacienda that are meant for sharing. On the menu, they note that they serve two people. They shouldn't have a problem if you wish to share it with four instead. But even if you are ordering an entree, as long as you aren't on DDP, it shouldn't be an issue.

I thought that you can share anything anywhere with the exception of a buffet or the skillet from Whispering Canyon.

I thought that you can share anything anywhere with the exception of a buffet or the skillet from Whispering Canyon.
There are some places that will restrict the use of one dining credit to feed two people, but when paying out of pocket, you can always share.

Great to hear I plan in sharing a few dishes on my next trip. It will be nice to try an app and not be stuffed eating a big meal plus dessert, 1st time no dining plan for us.

You cannot "share" at buffets (e.g., Chef Mickey's), all-you-care-to-eat restaurants (e.g., 'Ohana), all-you-care-to-eat menu items (e.g., WCC's Skillet), fixed priced meals (e.g., CRT), dinner shows (e.g., HDDR), and dining packages (e.g., Fantasmic Dining Package). You also cannot share at VN when using the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter