Sharing meals on the plan?

Fionasmommy

DIS Veteran
I'm wondering how easy it is to share meals on DDP?

We're not looking to save up credits or anything. Grandma and I are both on Weight Watchers and would rather split meals so the portions are more appropriate for us. I keep reading about how much food it is!!

Do they give you a really hard time about sharing?

No one at Disney will give you a hard time about anything. Just tell the server what you are doing. Also specify if you are ordering anything (like an extra beverage) and paying OOP.

Some of the sharing posts are misleading. Yes, it may be a lot of food BUT with breakfast the "lot of food" is the breakfast potatoes and toast. There really isn't enough eggs to share and if you're watching what you eat do you really want to fill up on hash browns and French Fries? Same with lunch.

Look at what other people are getting before you decide to share. Sharing one meal (appetizer and dessert) and purchasing an extra entrée might work better in some restaurants.

i just called to make an AR for Sci Fi and asked about sharing on the meal plan and she said some resturants dont allow it so I shouldnt count on it when making my AR's. I planned on splitting meals btween my 2 boys and myself and husband at Sci Fi and ESPN. we are not big eaters and i figured the apps and dessert would be more than enough... Anyone have a hard time trying to split???

Plan on doing this myself on our next trip. I just can't eat that much. Tina :confused3

My mom and I have had the DDP twice now (once paid, once free) and we've shared meal both times. They only problem we had was at Spoodles but that was the server's error and the manager fixed it for us. According to Aunt Elaine at Prime Time Cafe the credits they deduct are based on number of beverages you order. So if you are sharing, and each of you wants a beverage, pay OP for the second one. :cool1: This would also apply to any adult beverages. Once again, we've never had an issue with sharing, and we do this both on and off the plan. (I mean really, who orders an appetizer, entree, and dessert at every meal? Especially lunch?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter