• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sharing meals, extra tip?

cseca

<font color=darkorchid>My legs are wimpy but my wi
Hi,
I've heard that if you share meals on DDP it is customary to leave extra tip on the table.
How much would you tip for 1TS credit?
I'm planning to do this on our next trip since there will be too much food involved in 2 TSs... :cloud9:

TIA

We've shared TS many times on the DDP (had it twice) I don't base the tip on how much per credit since meals vary by price. What we have done is tip based on the amount of the meal we (didn't) have. If the average meal (or the meal you split) is $20 then figure the extra tip based on that amount. The percentage you tip would be determined by the service you received. The DDP tips 18% on the total bill. So say, an extra $3-4 on $20 meal. JMHO

I agree too. When I share a meal at a local restaurant, I tip extra as if I did order a meal.

Also, some restaurants around here offer "kids eat free" and I tip 15-20% (depending on service) of what their meal would have cost on any other night.

Pecos Bills is my favorite; both for a TS and for sharing. A double cheese bacon burger coupled with the "fixin bar" is more than enough for two adults with an "average" hunger pain.

Flaming Tree is another great option. The rib meal is great and also big enough to share. I would add either extra beans, corn or fries though.

Cosmic Rays Chicken and Ribs is a FEAST.

What makes Pecos Bills and Flaming Tree great is if you are on the meal plan, you also get a dessert. The chicken and ribs allowed on as a single TS.

Most other TS in Disney have portions large enough to share.

If you will look around other posts, you will find AMAZING ways some DIS Folks have found to save money.

Go forth and be frugal...

I believe that Pecos Bill's, Flame Tree, and Cosmic Rays are Counter Service and not Table Service (TS). Agree with the rest of your post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter