Sharing magic band for Genie Plus

Just like all Disney paid tickets/entitlements, it seems clear they are just for you. But Disney needs to spell it out. So here it is...

"Disney Genie+ entitlements and experience selections may not be transferred, substituted, or sold or bartered, and are voidable upon transfer or sale."

That's hard to find, though, and I suspect no one reads them before visiting Disney. Like the online WDW Resort check-in that is over 30 pages of reading you click you agree to; I wonder if anyone has ever read them all.

Lots of bigger things to worry about, of course. However I may not be surprised if, as a PP suggested, Disney could decide on a way to enforce this. I hope Disney will keep all of their promises to me, and I am disappointed when they don't. But it is a two-way street.

Much more fun things to talk about!

Honestly somebody needs to link to the terms and conditions. I just read the fastpass+ terms and conditions and don’t see anything that indicates it’s a problem to give your ride pass to someone else. Most of it is explaining that they are not responsible if someone else uses it and that if someone else books it for you and it expires then tough cookies. If you pay for a LL and have access to the LL then let someone else you care about use it then I haven’t seen anything indicating that’s a breach of tos but I also haven’t found the G+ terms. If it is I think it is a Stupid rule, but before getting on any high horses the specific policy should probably be identified.
Yep! And back in the day of paper Fastpasses people would grab one on the way out of a park and hand to a stranger as an act of kindness

Honestly somebody needs to link to the terms and conditions. I just read the fastpass+ terms and conditions and don’t see anything that indicates it’s a problem to give your ride pass to someone else. Most of it is explaining that they are not responsible if someone else uses it and that if someone else books it for you and it expires then tough cookies. If you pay for a LL and have access to the LL then let someone else you care about use it then I haven’t seen anything indicating that’s a breach of tos but I also haven’t found the G+ terms. If it is I think it is a Stupid rule, but before getting on any high horses the specific policy should probably be identified.

Lighting Lane is an add on feature to your theme park ticket or pass. My guess is the same terms and conditions do apply and if they WANTED to, they could bar someone from sharing their pass with another individual. But right now I don't think it's an issue they are too concerned with. But as with all things, if people start to abuse the system... they'll step in.

Yep! And back in the day of paper Fastpasses people would grab one on the way out of a park and hand to a stranger as an act of kindness
I do miss being able to do that... giving away unused fast passes. "Excuse me, can you all use these fastpasses for Soarin'?" it was great to spread some pixie dust!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter