• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sharing Expenses

If they are staying in a room we already booked and paid for and we were going anyways, I don't ask them to pay. If by them coming along it would require us to book a different room or a separate room, then I would ask them to pay what I've calculated my cost per point to be $10/point.

With my parents, we foot the bill aside from travel and park tickets (they have Florida residency, do they get some nice tickets!). With one set of friends, it's a rough estimate of splitting. They know we pay X in dues for the points we used, and split that amount, but pay us by buying dinner and drinks or stocking the kitchen. They buy their own travel and tickets too.

We have one set of friends we bring who I don't take money from at all; they buy their own travel and tickets, but I don't take money for the room. We also often buy nicer meals for them, but they choose to repay in non-monetary ways (I don't demand this, it's our unspoken arrangement, I guess, we've been friends for 40 years)---babysitting for us a few times on vacation and do some cooking and grocery shopping.

I guess I based this more on who we invite than on my own costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter