Sharing entrees?

Leeba

Mouseketeer
I think I know the answer to this (yes?) but, just to be sure … at restaurants that are *not* all-you-care-to-enjoy, it’s okay to order an entree to share, right? I’m looking at menus, and could see us ordering 3 for our family of 4 (for example), plus some appetizers. That’s okay per Disney?

Yes.

Whispering Canyon Cafe isn't that simple, though. There are some individual entrees and others that are all-you..etc. You'd need to be careful to share only the individual entrees, although it might be okay if two people with AYCTEs sampled each other's food but didn't offer any to the other diners.

I doubt that there'd be a menu sheriff standing over your table monitoring who gave what to whom. But, I'd be cautious about handing around plates of food from an AYCTE platter to others who hadn't ordered one of those.

There may be others like this, but WCC is the only one I know offers AYCTE platters and individual entrees.

We've done it as well, my only suggestion is to tip as though you ordered two full meals.

My teenage girls split the filet mignon at Narcoossee's and the servers have never batted an eye about it. They even brought it out split beforehand- sides & all. We've done it on numerous trips. I agree with the previous poster's suggestion for a more generous tip, as well.

Very few places are picky about it. I found Via Napoli and Le Cellier to be the most difficult. Not exactly with your situation, but asking for a kids menu for my picky 16yo (at the time..2019) at these 2 places were not allowed. We then asked if she could just get some sides instead of an entree and that was not allowed either. Not sure about paying OOP. We used 2 adult credits and had to order her an entree at Le Cellier for her to be able to eat some side and the dessert. Such a waste of food. I dint care at all about the credits, we had plenty. It made no sense. When leaving, I spoke with a manager who basically didnt care. At Via Napoli..no kid, no kids menu. She just wanted Chicken tenders!! Nope.

Yes, we've done it several times. And often they'll split things in the kitchen, so you each get your "serving". At Beaches and Cream, for instance, we each received a plate with 1/2 a hamburger, and 1/2 the total amount of fries.

Very few places are picky about it. I found Via Napoli and Le Cellier to be the most difficult. Not exactly with your situation, but asking for a kids menu for my picky 16yo (at the time..2019) at these 2 places were not allowed. We then asked if she could just get some sides instead of an entree and that was not allowed either. Not sure about paying OOP. We used 2 adult credits and had to order her an entree at Le Cellier for her to be able to eat some side and the dessert. Such a waste of food. I dint care at all about the credits, we had plenty. It made no sense. When leaving, I spoke with a manager who basically didnt care. At Via Napoli..no kid, no kids menu. She just wanted Chicken tenders!! Nope.
It gets complicated with dining credits, I have heard that, so maybe that is the issue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter