Sharing a bed…yay or nay?

Would you rather pay extra, so you could have your own bed, or share?

I think my group of girlfriends and I are going to take a girls trip to WDW. I personally am not very good at sharing beds with people…I move around a lot and I also can’t sleep well if I feel other people move around.

Would it be rude to ask if we could all have our own bed? I worry they might not go for it, since of course we can save money if there’s like, 4 of us in a room, compared to 2. But I also don’t think 4 of us could effectively share one bathroom. Lol.

I took a trip with my group of girlfriends, and we shared beds, once.

And my wife got MAD!

Just say that you are just more comfortable doing 2 rooms and if none of them want to split with you, then they can split the other room between the 3 of them. Also mention that you would put in a request for connecting rooms (not guaranteed) so that you are all together. You have not mentioned if you are planning to stay onsite and at what level, and that is a big piece to the puzzle, because of the cost.

Would you rather pay extra, so you could have your own bed, or share?

I think my group of girlfriends and I are going to take a girls trip to WDW. I personally am not very good at sharing beds with people…I move around a lot and I also can’t sleep well if I feel other people move around.

Would it be rude to ask if we could all have our own bed? I worry they might not go for it, since of course we can save money if there’s like, 4 of us in a room, compared to 2. But I also don’t think 4 of us could effectively share one bathroom. Lol.
Aside from you are not comfortable -
- Do your homework, have options and prices ready to lay out
- Give them all the options that include everyone having a bed each
- Make sure options include more than one bathroom

IF someone brings up sharing beds -
- It is a tiring vacation and getting a good night sleep is important
- Time is money and 4 people needing bathroom time is a loss of park time
- Explain YOU are a very restless sleeper and would be terrible to share with
- Have an option ready that lets them share a room, and you get your own

I’m not “changing up” any plans. And also, this was my trip to begin with, and my friends asked if they could come, so I was originally going to be going alone. We’re in the beginning stages, so no one has discussed room arrangements yet, I’m just preparing if this comes up.

If it was originally 'your' trip, I imagine you are doing the planning.

Come up with the options and just don't have 'bed sharing' as a choice.

You could do something like a Poly DVC room (sleeps 5) or the CB 5th sleeper. That gives an extra sleeping surface. DVC Poly has an extra shower and sink. Many of the DVC 1BRs also have a sleeper chair or a murphy to sleep 5. Another option is the AoA family suite with three queens and a bedroom you can close off and 2 bathrooms. I think it's a great room.

I'd share a bed with my friends. I don't think it's a big deal.

Last edited:

Nay to sharing a bed. But I wouldn't mind sharing a room with other person. Since your in the early stages of planning you should be texting that there will be at least two rooms and then decide how to split that up.

I've been doing Disney trips with my girl friends for years and one of us usually shares a bed depending on the layout. Having had sisters, it never bothered me.
We are all pretty sound sleepers so movement isn't an issue for us. When it was a bigger group of us, we usually had 5 to a room where allowed. We knew our schedules for getting ready as some of us were up SUPER early and others (me) not so much LOL.

If they are fine sharing a bed but you aren't, maybe split a deluxe? You could have one bed (or the pull out couch) and they could share the others. For my specific group, we are always looking to make our hotel stay as cheap as possible so we can use our money on fun things. Have you looked into DVC rental? We're doing that our next trip so we can stay deluxe at a discount.

In the end, I guess it all depends on your priority - personal space or saving money.

I don't mind sharing a bed if we are doing a quick 1-2 night trip in the city or something. Anything longer than that is a no. Especially 4 girls to one bathroom and trying to get ready. I can only deal with that for 1-2 nights and that's because we're drinking the whole time. :drinking1:rotfl:

For Disney or anything longer we would all need our own beds and more than one bathroom.

I’m not “changing up” any plans. And also, this was my trip to begin with, and my friends asked if they could come, so I was originally going to be going alone. We’re in the beginning stages, so no one has discussed room arrangements yet, I’m just preparing if this comes up.
If you were originally going alone then just get your own room. They can get theirs.

When I was in college, sure. Now, no way. I barely sleep as it is. I need better sleep to walk a million miles at the parks.

My wife did a girls trip a couple of years ago (x3 of them in total), and they got a room with 3 surfaces - Caribbean Beach. Room had x2 beds plus a drop-down bed. She said the drop down bed in CBR is kind of small... more for kids or small adults. But this way they all had their own surface.

You could do something like a Poly DVC room (sleeps 5) or the CB 5th sleeper. That gives an extra sleeping surface. DVC Poly has an extra shower and sink. Many of the DVC 1BRs also have a sleeper chair or a murphy to sleep 5. Another option is the AoA family suite with three queens and a bedroom you can close off and 2 bathrooms. I think it's a great room.

I'd share a bed with my friends. I don't think it's a big deal.

I was thinking the Poly DVC studios with a connecting door if they want more space. Can prop the door open for chatting but everyone gets their own big bed.

I try to avoid needing to share a bed. I did it when I was younger and money was tighter, now I'm fine with paying more to have my own space.

This girl will never share a bed with even my best of girlfriends !! Most I wouldn’t even share a room with! 😂 I would just say I really wouldn’t mind paying extra for my own room and I think I’m going that route… Would anyone else be interested in having only two per room ?

Have a fun trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter