Sharing a bed…yay or nay?

Would you rather pay extra, so you could have your own bed, or share?

I think my group of girlfriends and I are going to take a girls trip to WDW. I personally am not very good at sharing beds with people…I move around a lot and I also can’t sleep well if I feel other people move around.

Would it be rude to ask if we could all have our own bed? I worry they might not go for it, since of course we can save money if there’s like, 4 of us in a room, compared to 2. But I also don’t think 4 of us could effectively share one bathroom. Lol.

I think this depends on age more than anything.

I went to Pop when I was in college and stayed in a room with 3 other girls. Don't ask me how 4 20/21 year olds shared 2 beds and one bathroom for a week or longer.
Once you're out of the college years, a set up like this would be less desirable, and I would be in favor of a shorter trip with 2 rooms.

Would you rather pay extra, so you could have your own bed, or share?

I think my group of girlfriends and I are going to take a girls trip to WDW. I personally am not very good at sharing beds with people…I move around a lot and I also can’t sleep well if I feel other people move around.

Would it be rude to ask if we could all have our own bed? I worry they might not go for it, since of course we can save money if there’s like, 4 of us in a room, compared to 2. But I also don’t think 4 of us could effectively share one bathroom. Lol.
I don't know your relationship with this group but my sharing bed days would be over too for most trips. 4 ladies, one bathroom, that's tough. I have two teenage girls and a husband and I don't wish one bathroom in a hotel room on anyone. I'm all for saving money but I'd poll the group to get their take. Unless you're staying somewhere really pricy, I can't see a real benefit to squeezing 4 ladies in a room unless everyone is super budget minded.

And if you all want to stay together, maybe a family suite at AofA so you can at least have two bathrooms and more sleeping surfaces for those that do share a bed, maybe they pay a little less, an amount you all agree to if cost is a major concern. I don't know, I can't fathom being in a tiny hotel room with 3 other friends. I love my friends but we've only shared airbnbs, not hotel rooms.

Well yes, the main point was that I was just wondering if it’s a jerk move to tell them I want my own bed. Lol.
No I'd say def not a jerk move, just an adult-minded request and you never know, someone in your group might be relieved you mentioned it since they may not have wanted to even bring it up but were thinking about it the whole time :) . But I don't think it's a big deal.

Well yes, the main point was that I was just wondering if it’s a jerk move to tell them I want my own bed. Lol.
Rather than tell them I would open up a dialogue. I assume it’s going to affect their cost as well.

Of course everyone would like their own space, but I assume there’s a reason sharing space like that was even considered.

I think this depends on age more than anything.

I went to Pop when I was in college and stayed in a room with 3 other girls. Don't ask me how 4 20/21 year olds shared 2 beds and one bathroom for a week or longer.
Once you're out of the college years, a set up like this would be less desirable, and I would be in favor of a shorter trip with 2 rooms.
We’re all in our late 20s, which is part of the reason why I don’t love sharing beds. I haven’t shared a bed with someone since I was probably in college.

But I’m happy with sharing a room with one other person, I don’t need a whole room to myself.

We’re all in our late 20s, which is part of the reason why I don’t love sharing beds. I haven’t shared a bed with someone since I was probably in college.

But I’m happy with sharing a room with one other person, I don’t need a whole room to myself.

Yeah I think at that point it's reasonable to say you don't want to bed share and if it's possible to book 2 rooms instead

Whose suggestion was it to share beds in the first place?

Whomever that person is gets to sleep on the floor even if you end up with 2 rooms.
I mean, I definitely don't want to share a bed. But it sounds like that's kind of the working plan. If people feel strongly about it (as I would) they should have shut down that discussion the minute it was suggested.

OP, it's not rude at all to say you don't want to share a bed. I know I wouldn't want to. But it's rude to say OK then change up the plan once everyone starts making reservations.

I mean, I definitely don't want to share a bed. But it sounds like that's kind of the working plan. If people feel strongly about it (as I would) they should have shut down that discussion the minute it was suggested.

OP, it's not rude at all to say you don't want to share a bed. I know I wouldn't want to. But it's rude to say OK then change up the plan once everyone starts making reservations.
I’m not “changing up” any plans. And also, this was my trip to begin with, and my friends asked if they could come, so I was originally going to be going alone. We’re in the beginning stages, so no one has discussed room arrangements yet, I’m just preparing if this comes up.

I’m not “changing up” any plans. And also, this was my trip to begin with, and my friends asked if they could come, so I was originally going to be going alone. We’re in the beginning stages, so no one has discussed room arrangements yet, I’m just preparing if this comes up.

I wouldn't worry about it too much if you're in the planning stages, just look up two rooms at (insert hotel here) and say it would cost x dollars for 2 rooms. Pick a value and pick a moderate.

I didn't say that's what you did. Just said it would be rude if you did. It helps to know planning is at an early stage.

Why would you worry for a moment about this? Own what you want. "That sounds fun but just so you know, I need my own bed". Or get your own room. Whatever works.

So my two suggestions would be:

1) If onsite
  • Why don't you get your own room and let the others determine what is best for them? If 3 of them want to share the same room (and then have that extra adult fee if that applies) let them.
  • As you say this is your trip, they are tagging along (not that it actually matters to my response though).
  • If you're that worried let them split the costs the way they see fit and you take on a larger burden but you'll get your own room.

2) If offsite
  • Look for a multi-bedroom and bathroom place
    • As an example when we went to Silver Dollar City with our group of DISers we got a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom condo so each couple had their own room but for ease and convenience we were all in the same place and could leave together, this was the plan even before it ended up shaking up that we all rode in the same car together. We discussed beforehand sharing a place and thus the costs (although that wasn't really the main driver) or each get different rooms in a more hotel setting.

Reason I split it up onsite vs offsite is that Disney isn't the best at multi-bedroom and bathroom aside from some family suites and DVC. You could look into the hotels however in Disney Springs if you want on property but more options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter