Sharing 2 bedroom with another family

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
Does this mean we can’t use magic bands to charge meals separately? We will just need to all use our separate credit cards?

Separate credit cards would probably be the easiest. Other wise you could keep track of how much each family is charging to the room and go to the front desk before check out to pay each of your portions of the bill off.

We’ve been able to put multiple cards on multiple magic bands at check in. We always go to the desk and check to make sure everything worked as expected, the first night.

We’ve been able to put multiple cards on multiple magic bands at check in. We always go to the desk and check to make sure everything worked as expected, the first night.
Yep, I always travel with my college roomie and we have all our charges on our own cards....

In case you forget to split cards at the front desk (I never knew this was an option!) - your itemized bill will show which magicband charged what - so you can always separate purchases that way.

Don't be alarmed if adding credit cards to specific magic bands doesn't work out. It's hit or miss as to whether this will actually be done correctly, so be prepared for snafus and an inability to ever actually accomplish that.

I speak from personal experience. It was a nightmare to work out with the other family and if you've ever tried to decipher a Disney billing statement upon check out you are in for a treat.

For that reason alone I now avoid that like the plague. If we are traveling with a non family member, I insist that they or their parents provide a gift card or other type that will cover their expenses. Never again will I make repeated trips to the resort or guest services to work this out. It took up too much time of my vacation and it was extremely aggravating.

Don't do it. Trust me.

~NM

In regards to the snafus with charging, in the beginning, there was probably a time that it didn’t work out for us.....but every times since then, it has been fine......I mean, I think it’s probably because it knows I have it set up like that.....

Separate credit cards has not worked out for me over the past 5 trips with my sister, including this past Sept and Nov. it is always a mess the last day splitting the bill up into hers and mine, and exchanging cash in the lobby waiting for Magical Express.

Don't be alarmed if adding credit cards to specific magic bands doesn't work out. It's hit or miss as to whether this will actually be done correctly, so be prepared for snafus and an inability to ever actually accomplish that.

I speak from personal experience. It was a nightmare to work out with the other family and if you've ever tried to decipher a Disney billing statement upon check out you are in for a treat.

For that reason alone I now avoid that like the plague. If we are traveling with a non family member, I insist that they or their parents provide a gift card or other type that will cover their expenses. Never again will I make repeated trips to the resort or guest services to work this out. It took up too much time of my vacation and it was extremely aggravating.

Don't do it. Trust me.

~NM

We had a similar experience, we go once a year with the in-laws. It seems to get messed up every year, and we have to resolve it at the desk. It's not a huge deal. We don't really use the bands to pay for much, beers/food by the pool, random snacks at the parks, etc. Don't typically use it for meals or anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter