Shareholder - Idiot Guide to Required Action?

Hi Everyone! Can anyone let me know- My step-dad bought shares for me years ago on the 1st float ( 1000 I think) as a Christmas gift ( like most people I just wanted a little bit of the magic, not for investing purposes) I joined the share holders club which lasted about 2 years. Then I moved to France, they lost touch of my contact details and before I knew it, years later, the re-capitalisation had happened- I did NOTHING ( I know, I know...) and the certificates sat at the bottom of the cupboard until I found it two weeks ago. i am back in the UK now. So..have I lost out now, are they null and void?? Thanks for your help....
Hi and welcome to the DIS! :welcome: I'm just moving this to the existing thread where we've been discussing shares.

If you have certificates I'm guessing you've got registered shares, probably from when they were listed on the London stock exchange? I think your best bet would be to write to the contact details on the certificate and go from there.

Hi and welcome to the DIS! :welcome: I'm just moving this to the existing thread where we've been discussing shares.

If you have certificates I'm guessing you've got registered shares, probably from when they were listed on the London stock exchange? I think your best bet would be to write to the contact details on the certificate and go from there.
Cheers, I'll do that
Al

I bought my shares over 10 years ago- after they were de listed from uk stock exchange they were transferred to Societe' General. so your share may be held by them.

I've got an email regarding results of the recapitalisation but haven't had chance to follow the link to read it through - anyone know the highlights?

I've got an email regarding results of the recapitalisation but haven't had chance to follow the link to read it through - anyone know the highlights?

Unless I read it wrongly (entirely possible as it was another of those jargon-filled articles!), it didn't tell us anything that they hadn't already told us!

In a nut shell the recapitalization of Euro Disney S.C.A. has been successful with a subscription rate of 94.86%. €350,788,410 has been raised with 350,788,410 new ordinary shares issued at €1 each to existing shareholders. The new shares will be available for trading on Euronext Paris, on 20 February 2015.

Invesco Ltd has sold it’s 6% stake (2,345,079 shares) in Euro Disney and no longer holds any shares in the company and so has one of the Supervisory Board members Gérard Bouche who sold 35,900 shares.

TWDC will now inject a total amount of €492 million into Euro Disney Investments S.A.S. and EDL Corporation S.A.S., which are two indirect wholly-owned subsidiaries of TWDC by issuing an additional 393,600,000 new ordinary shares of Euro Disney stock at a price of €1.25 per share.

The next phase in the operation the OPO starts on the 18 March and this will run until 8 April. This is when Disney will offer to repurchase shares at € 1.25.

Help please - I decided to do nothing with my 20 shares. Got an email today from Halifax saying they have a message for me - log in and there is £31.26 sitting there for me to withdraw or invest. To do with selling rights - but as I didn't partake in anything is this right? I thought that was only if you actually did something that you got the money?

Help please - I decided to do nothing with my 20 shares. Got an email today from Halifax saying they have a message for me - log in and there is £31.26 sitting there for me to withdraw or invest. To do with selling rights - but as I didn't partake in anything is this right? I thought that was only if you actually did something that you got the money?

they sold your rights to buy on your behalf as you didn't use it...to fullfill others who wanted to buy more shares that they have right to buy...

hth

The Halifax automatically sold your rights options on your behalf.

You would have received a message from them a few weeks ago explaining that if you did not take up the option to buy that they would sell your options on your behalf.

Don't worry you still own your shares as it was only the rights they sold.

The Halifax automatically sold your rights options on your behalf.

You would have received a message from them a few weeks ago explaining that if you did not take up the option to buy that they would sell your options on your behalf.

Don't worry you still own your shares as it was only the rights they sold.

Thank you both - I clearly didn't read it all properly. I thought if I did nothing then nothing would happen! My shares are worth very little but at least I still own them!

Hi All, sorry I have had no internet for 6 weeks due to terrible storms here on our islands, but thankfully was reconnected finally this week :] Below is my copy of the email from Halifax sharedealing if that helps [not had time to read through all the replies on this thread, so apologies if that's already been done]. Yesterday I found out that £470 had been paid into my account due to this restructuring [not sure of correct terminology] and I have used that to buy more shares :] :] Really hoping I've made the right decision but it felt wonderful. I'm now upping my little bit of DLP from a door handle to maybe a whole chair, and I like to imagine it's a chair in Walts :] K

Dear Mrs A K Sandison

We have posted a notification regarding a corporate action on EURO DISNEY S.C.A.
EUR1 (SUB RIGHTS 09/02/2015) on your account. Please do not disregard this
email without checking your account, as you may be required to take some action
within tight/set timescales.

The reference for the event is 0000032716.

To view further details of the event please log in to our website. Once logged
in select Account Management, followed by 'Important Notifications'.

Please do not respond to this email. If you have any queries then please contact
our Customer Services Team on 08457 22 55 25.

Yours sincerely

Corporate Actions Team
Halifax Share Dealing Limited

Lloyds Banking Group plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ.
Registered in Scotland no. SC95000. Telephone: 0131 225 4555. Lloyds Bank plc.
Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and
Wales no. 2065. Telephone 0207626 1500. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office:
The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000. Telephone:
08457 21 31 41. Cheltenham & Gloucester plc. Registered Office: Barnett Way,
Gloucester GL4 3RL. Registered in England and Wales 2299428. Telephone: 0845 603

Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc are authorised by the Prudential
Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and
Prudential Regulation Authority.

Cheltenham & Gloucester plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
Authority.

Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Cheltenham & Gloucester Savings
is a division of Lloyds Bank plc.

HBOS plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in
Scotland no. SC218813.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is private and confidential and may
contain privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender and delete it (including any attachments) immediately. You
must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it or any
attachments. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.

Oh no! Reading back through this thread, I am now thinking that I have made a mistake! What is the significance of the 900 shares minimum? As even with buying all those shares I am somewhat short of that total????? Thanks K

They are looking at changing the terms of the shareholders club. Brand new members are likely to need 900 new shares unless they were a member before a date in January this year, if you were you will be grandfathered into the club on the old rules

Thanks Nikki, do you know if I have missed out on some preferential rights to buy? I am completely out of the loop having had no phone or internet, I only bought more shares yesterday and just bought them normally. Has the preferential offer to existing shareholders ended? Thanks K

Not sure, did you buy them for €1 per share as that I think was the offer

Just had the email from Halifax regarding the tender offer under the recapitalisation.

Not much time, you only have until 16th April to make your selection whether to sell all or part of your share holding at 1.25.

It is anticipated that the offer will be finalised by 28 April and cash in your account by 4 May I believe

I got my tender offer today too (Halifax). I am just going to keep my 20 for now and do nothing!

Just had the email from Halifax regarding the tender offer under the recapitalisation.

Not much time, you only have until 16th April to make your selection whether to sell all or part of your share holding at 1.25.

It is anticipated that the offer will be finalised by 28 April and cash in your account by 4 May I believe

The closing date to sell your shares has now been extended to 24 April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter