Shared shuttle or private transfer?

winnieofpooh

DIS Veteran
We're going in December with our 1.5 year old, and I'm trying to determine if we should use the Mears shared shuttle or splurge for a private transfer. We'll be sharing a private transfer with my in-laws on the way home, but we're on our own on the way down. It looks like it'll be ~$90 more to go with the private transfer to our hotel.

We will not have a car seat with us, so if we used Mears, our son would have to sit on our lap. Private transfer would supply a car seat which would be nice. But $90 is a decent chunk of change, and I'm curious if it's worth it to have nonstop transportation to our hotel? We've always used Magical Express in the past with no qualms, but now with a 1.5 year old I don't know if we'll regret that decision.

At Disney time is money. Only you can decide if it's worth the extra, but not having to schlep around other resorts before getting to your home resort is worth the extra IMHO. Plus, most cover a short grocery stop which makes it all the better. Less stress on kids is even better.

you can request a car from Uber with car seats. the cost is much less that $90 even with a short stop for groceries. As right now lyft does not have car seats.

It really is a time vs. money thing. My trips over the past few years have been long weekends, so I've used private transportation to maximize my time at the parks. However, if I had a longer trip planned, then I would be fine with a shared shuttle.

We're going in December with our 1.5 year old, and I'm trying to determine if we should use the Mears shared shuttle or splurge for a private transfer. We'll be sharing a private transfer with my in-laws on the way home, but we're on our own on the way down. It looks like it'll be ~$90 more to go with the private transfer to our hotel.

We will not have a car seat with us, so if we used Mears, our son would have to sit on our lap. Private transfer would supply a car seat which would be nice. But $90 is a decent chunk of change, and I'm curious if it's worth it to have nonstop transportation to our hotel? We've always used Magical Express in the past with no qualms, but now with a 1.5 year old I don't know if we'll regret that decision.
if not on a bus I would not count on being allowed to hold your 1.5 year old as driver could be cited if stopped. driver might not be willing to allow this with no car seat. I would talk with Mears about car seat before you decide

you can request a car from Uber with car seats. the cost is much less that $90 even with a short stop for groceries. As right now lyft does not have car seats.
They only have forward facing car seats, our son is still rear facing. Otherwise I would definitely go this route

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter