Share your 07A GTY experience?

loislane

DIS Veteran
We're booked on the Wish for 8/22-8/26 and booked 07A GTY, so of course no clue which stateroom will be ours.
Just curious to hear from others who have booked this category and how it worked out for you?
Our first cruise was an inside stateroom, so no matter where we end up, I feel like it will be an upgrade for us to have any sort of view and access to fresh air.

We are sailing on the Dream March 11th and we booked two staterooms with the GTY 7A deal. We ended up getting upgraded to a category 4C (Deluxe Family Verandah). We are on deck 6 on the port side and both of our rooms are connecting. Very pleased with the assignments considering how much we saved!

Generally speaking, most people receive the category they book - so 7A in this case. Since the restart things have been a little different in that there are considerably fewer guests onboard and DCL has moved people's stateroom assignments around, leading to more upgrades that usual. I would expect on the Wish you are most likely to get assigned a 7A; the Wish cruises are largely fully-booked or nearly so, leaving less availability to shift around and upgrade GTYs.

We are sailing on the Dream March 11th and we booked two staterooms with the GTY 7A deal. We ended up getting upgraded to a category 4C (Deluxe Family Verandah). We are on deck 6 on the port side and both of our rooms are connecting. Very pleased with the assignments considering how much we saved!
That’s awesome you got connecting rooms! I’ve got 2 OGT on dream in April and really hoping for connecting or at least nearby. 🤞

Generally speaking, most people receive the category they book - so 7A in this case. Since the restart things have been a little different in that there are considerably fewer guests onboard and DCL has moved people's stateroom assignments around, leading to more upgrades that usual. I would expect on the Wish you are most likely to get assigned a 7A; the Wish cruises are largely fully-booked or nearly so, leaving less availability to shift around and upgrade GTYs.
Absolutely not expecting an upgrade. This is only our 2nd cruise - first time with a balcony and first time doing GTY. Was just curious how others have fared with the GTY. I'm a big planner so the mystery of not knowing what stateroom we'll be in is kind of exciting but also kind of nervewracking. But I'll be happy in any room because I'll be on a Disney cruise. :)

Did you like 4B and what ship were you on?
I have a trip coming up where I got deck 8 4B for my assignment on the dream.
We don't go until March 12th on the Fantasy, but I have had a 4B before on the Dream and Fantasy and love the rooms! They have a little extra room with the murphy bed which is so nice!

We only Sail GTY basically because of the savings. We've never had issues with our room placements so never needed to pick our own room. We typically end up in the standard verandah's not the family ones but we only travel as 2 adults so its plenty of space. Usually we end up in the "5" categories I think.

Regular GTY cabins are not discounted. The great rates are the *IGT, OGT and VGT rates. Those are discounted rates with restrictions.

That said, we have always been happy with our cabins when we booked a discounted rate with restrictions.

MJ

We don't go until March 12th on the Fantasy, but I have had a 4B before on the Dream and Fantasy and love the rooms! They have a little extra room with the murphy bed which is so nice!
I hope you are enjoying your cruise. I loved the room we had on the dream. I’m going on the fantasy next month and hoping for this category again.

We booked a 7A GTY last month - & got a 7A on the Magic (even though we were sailing 35% capacity). The 7As are actually our preference. On the classic being semi-enclosed = shade for BFF & sun for me. On the larger ships it's usually just additional structure that slightly diminishes the view/space along the railing. I think we booked the last available 7A on our Sept. Wish cruise.

How can I tell whether I booked a 07A or 06A VGT on the wish? I see both are on the website now, and I can't remember what I booked. My receipt isn't showing one or the other way. Do I have to call Disney to find out?

We are sailing on the Fantasy next month and booked a 7a GTY. We ended up with an Aft 4e extended verandah (one of the
big corner rooms). We're extremely excited for the larger room and huge wrap-around verandah!

Did a 7A last November Fantasy and got a 7A aft deck 5. Ended up paying $75 to move to a 7A FWD deck 6 as we were right under the Tube and didn’t want to be in the aft. We had to wait until all aboard until we got called to upgrade but had filled out the document at guest services right when we boarded and stated we were willing to pay to upgrade. Had to move everything ourselves since we never saw any room hosts on deck 5 for the few hours we were there but was greeted by our now favorite host on the new deck 6 fwd room. We had a wonderful cruise! There are a lot of ppl who do love aft though. We don’t have kids and frequent the adult areas which are all forward on the Fantasy.

We booked a 7A GTY for September and ended up with a 6B on deck 6. I actually would have preferred a 7A with a slightly obstructed verandah, but I'm still fine with where we ended up. It's only a 3 night, so I would be fine with pretty much anything. We got a 7A on our last 4-night cruise on the Wish (booked VGT that time) and really liked it but spent so very little time there, so it didn't really matter. And I expect to spend about as little time this cruise in our stateroom since it's only three nights.

We booked a GTY 9D on the Wish and got that, 6006. This however, was a HA room and it was huge. I'm not usually a fan of HA showers but this wasn't so bad. And even the bathroom had plenty of room (only 1 though, not split).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter