Share soy free experiences at counter service

wdwhappyplace

Earning My Ears
Please share successful experiences with soy free options at counter service restaurants in the WDW parks. We have the emailed lists from Special Diets and we know about the ingredients books and talking with a manager. However, we would love to hear your experiences and ideas to see if that will help us.

I'm allergic to soy along with dairy, mustard, alcohol, all types of sea food, tapioca, brazil nuts, gluten, and all artificial sweeteners. This can make eating out a bit of a challenge but I've been able to get something at each park. It's nothing fancy, but it's food and it's safe. If soy is your only allergy, you'll likely find even more options.

MK: I've gotten plain grilled chicken and fruit at CHH, grilled steak and a "salad" at BOG, and a hamburger patty lettuce wrap with cucumber salad at Cosmic Rays.

Epcot: I avoid CS at every county but the US where I've gotten steak and plain steamed broccoli. Sunshine Seasons has grilled chicken, roasted potatoes, and lots of allergy friendly packaged snacks.

Animal Kingdom: This one has been a bit of a challenge but I've still gotten a plain hamburger patty and fruit at dinoland. They had plain meats at the barbecue place. There's also the new allergy kiosk here to stock up on snacks.

DHS: I haven't eaten here in a LONG time because I can get is a plain hamburger again. I usually go to a different park or a resort if I'm spending the day at here.

Resorts: I'e gotten wonderful chicken stir fry at Captain Cooks at the Poly and the Design-Your-Own-Pasta at POR is safe too.

I'll also admit to having a bucket of popcorn for dinner. :)

Right about the ingredients and manager. I have found that they don't always know what food is safe, but they go for the book, and we look it over together. Our allergies don't include soy, but we have had good luck with this approach. I will say to allow 10-15 minutes extra for prep at counter service, and it helps to go early or late (off peek lunch rush).

Thank you for sharing. Those are good ideas that work for us and another purpose in asking was to give my daughter more confidence in asking for specially cooked items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter