• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shampoo/conditioner on board?

MeLaNie9

DIS Veteran
Do the cruises have H2O+ toiletries? Do they have both shampoo and conditioner? What about body lotion? We just got back from WDW staying at POR and they have that shampoo/conditioner combo which does not do it for my hair - luckily I packed extra conditioner. Just wondering if I will have to do that for the cruise. I had to buy body lotion in the gift shop, so wondering if I will have to pack that as well.
Thanks!:surfweb:

Yes, but they are different from the ones in the resorts, but, they are far better. There are separate shampoo / conditioners and there is indeed a "lotion" only it's called Body Butter.

They do have H2O toiletries,

Here's what the DCL site says about a the shampoo:

"H20 Plus Spa, Bath and Shower Products
In addition to our regular upgraded amenities and premium offerings, all Disney Cruise Line Guests will find luxurious H20 Plus spa, bath and shower products stocked in every bathroom. Sea Marine Revitalizing Shampoo, Marine Collagen Conditioner and Hydrating Body Butter let you absorb the enriching benefits of the ocean while sailing on the high seas."

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/staterooms/dream-fantasy/standard-inside-stateroom/

And if your Concierge:

"Upgraded Amenities
While all Disney Cruise Line staterooms boast luxury amenities and world-class service, Guests of our Concierge Suites enjoy an expanded range of quality offerings.
H20 Plus Spa, Bath and Shower Products
All stateroom baths are stocked with fine marine-nutrient enriched H20 Plus spa, bath and shower products—ncluding Sea Marine Revitalizing Shampoo, Marine Collagen Conditioner and Hydrating Body Butter. Guests of our Concierge Suites are treated to an enhanced line, which adds the premium Sea Salt Body Wash and Solar Relief Gel."

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/staterooms/dream-fantasy/suites/

HTH's!

Ex Techie :)

Thanks so much - the H2O+ products you listed are the ones I use at home that I got hooked on when staying at the Grand Californian. Awesome! After the cruise we are headed to POR for a few days and so I will have to take some with me!

H2O.jpg

I'm packing for a family of 5. I know that DCL provides shampoo and conditioner. The last time I cruised they replaced the bottles as I used them. Someone recently told me they now just give you a starter bottle of product and when you run out you are on your own. Anyone know what the current policy is?

I'm packing for a family of 5. I know that DCL provides shampoo and conditioner. The last time I cruised they replaced the bottles as I used them. Someone recently told me they now just give you a starter bottle of product and when you run out you are on your own. Anyone know what the current policy is?

We were just on the Fantasy last week, and our stateroom host replenished ours everyday, sometimes even twice a day.

they did not replenish for us on a 3 day,,, but I would have loved more, I liked that stuff, and the body butter,,, ahhhh

We were just on the Fantasy last week, and our stateroom host replenished ours everyday, sometimes even twice a day.

they did not replenish for us on a 3 day,,, but I would have loved more, I liked that stuff, and the body butter,,, ahhhh

The size of the shampoo/conditioner/lotion tubes is sufficent for a 3 day cruise, so they probably don't replenish them on those.

For a large group, or a longer cruise, we've always had them replaced when they were empty or running low.

:cutie:

We just got off the Dream (4 night) and ours was replenished daily as needed. The steward even got me extra body butter when I requested it. I loved it!

In May on the Fantasy, our products were replenished when they were low. And then on the last day I packed my "leftovers," not realizing that I'd need them in the morning--host happily gave me another set of shampoo and conditioner.

We've had some cruises where replacements were a bit skimpy--this was not one of them. If the bottle was 3/4 empty, he left another

okay, this is one complaint I had for my recent Fantasy cruise.

We had four people in one stateroom. Our host did not replenish the toiletries for us at all. Even if it was low. I took the tube away the next day, still no new supply. I had to call twice to ask for extra, especially shampoo and conditioner. (He did a bad job replenish things in general. We got only 3 towels one day. He took the tissue box away and never put a new box back the other day. There were two sanitary bags in the bathroom and once I used them up, he never gave me more)

However, the sencond time I called, it was the last day. I just asked for one conditioner and one shampoo. The staff, who was not my host, gave me about 4 shampoos, 4 conditions, 2 body lotions and 1 bath soap. I was very happy to bring those back.

okay, this is one complaint I had for my recent Fantasy cruise.

We had four people in one stateroom. Our host did not replenish the toiletries for us at all. Even if it was low. I took the tube away the next day, still no new supply. I had to call twice to ask for extra, especially shampoo and conditioner. (He did a bad job replenish things in general. We got only 3 towels one day. He took the tissue box away and never put a new box back the other day. There were two sanitary bags in the bathroom and once I used them up, he never gave me more)

However, the sencond time I called, it was the last day. I just asked for one conditioner and one shampoo. The staff, who was not my host, gave me about 4 shampoos, 4 conditions, 2 body lotions and 1 bath soap. I was very happy to bring those back.

Sounds like a problem with your specific room host. Did you mention it on your comment card?

Sounds like a problem with your specific room host. Did you mention it on your comment card?

no......

I am the kind of person who hates conflicts to a extreme point.

The things I listed actually didn't affect me too much. There was tissue in another room. DM brought on board her own towel anyway. I did get extra shampoo after phone call.

I am satisfied with his overall service, so don't want to leave negative things on him.

Don't flame me. It's a personality issue and I'll never change......

no......

I am the kind of person who hates conflicts to a extreme point.

The things I listed actually didn't affect me too much. There was tissue in another room. DM brought on board her own towel anyway. I did get extra shampoo after phone call.

I am satisfied with his overall service, so don't want to leave negative things on him.

Don't flame me. It's a personality issue and I'll never change......

No flames--if you were happy with your solution, that's all that matters. However, if you don't mention it, it won't change for the next person.

Are the H20 body products available for purchase on the ship to take home?

I bought some in the onboard shop...
I love H2O products, so i will buy alot this time!
Still have some bodybutter left from our WBTA (small ones from the room)

We were provided with new products when ours were half empty!

I like the Samantha Brown tip... pack away the toiletries on the first day so that more appear immediately.

While I've never actually done that, I do make off with as many of the shampoos and conditioners as I can from the Grand Californian, which as someone else mentioned, is the same as on the ships.

They are also available for purchase at Ulta and ulta.com. The regular price is the same as purchase on the ship, but they do have great sales (buy 2, get one free). And you don't have the luggage weight on the way home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter