• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shampoo and Soap individual bottles, or on the wall.

pmdeve

DIS Veteran
We are doing a split stay at OKW and Beach Club villa. Is Disney providing the small bottles of soap, shampoo and conditioner, or do they only have the shampoo and conditioner on the shower wall.

BCV has the wall mounted dispensers. Haven't stayed at OKW recently, so not sure if they have gotten the the wall mounted dispensers yet.

We were just at BCV this week. No wall mounted dispensers, just small individual bottles. OKW does have the wall mounted dispensers. Shower gel is in the wall mounted dispenser, too.

I am very much into conservation and preservation, but the community dispensers just give me the heebie jeebies for some reason. Sorry OP, I know you didn't ask for commentary, but I just had to say it :)

SSR has the wall mounted dispensers so I imagine OKW does as well. I was all about them at first but this last time I had to press so hard to get anything out that my hand slipped and the metal nozzle totally gouged my thumb open. So gross. Not a fan anymore.

There were some threads that went on for many pages on this topic last year. Some for/some against it. If you have a favorite brand, it probably makes the most sense to bring a small travel size with you when on vacation and then you know you will have the product you prefer. You really have no idea what brand they use and if you will like it.

There were some threads that went on for many pages on this topic last year. Some for/some against it. If you have a favorite brand, it probably makes the most sense to bring a small travel size with you when on vacation and then you know you will have the product you prefer. You really have no idea what brand they use and if you will like it.

The individual bottles and the wall mount bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are H2O+ brand. Disney has had a contact with that company for years. https://www.h2oplus.com/collections/as-seen-at-disney

Even if they have been using them, there is no guarantee that Disney doesn't find a different, perhaps cheaper brand when that contract comes up for renewal. Experienced travelers generally know to take their own health/beauty products with them if they prefer specific brands.

Even if they have been using them, there is no guarantee that Disney doesn't find a different, perhaps cheaper brand when that contract comes up for renewal. Experienced travelers generally know to take their own health/beauty products with them if they prefer specific brands.
Well of course bring your own if you like what you use. H2O+ has been with Disney as far as I can remember. They have dropped a couple of scents and changed the formula for the better...imo. It's doubtful they would switch brands now. The toiletries and mouthwash are also H2O brand. I do wish they still had the foot cream and solar gel at the resorts....good stuff!

If you are staying at a villa on points, and you are in a resort that still gives out the small bottles. Can you ask housekeeping for more when you need it, or do you need to buy it somewhere?

On the wall dispenser - I thought I wouldn't like those because it didn't seem as "deluxe" as getting new little bottles every day. After staying at several really nice hotels for work and using the wall dispenser for body wash, shampoo, and conditioner, I've completely changed my mind. The wall apparatus everywhere I stayed made it impossible to remove those big bottles to tamper with them. The reason I like them MORE than little bottles is because they are so much easier to use in the shower! Those tiny bottles are often brutal to try to open when your hands are slippery. I'm a fan!

We stayed at Beach a while back and there were small bottles. I know this because I tend to take home about a dozen per stay (my current stash is at about 110 body wash/shampoo/conditioner!)

However, we were club level and I'm not sure if you get better amenities club level... probably not.

On the wall dispenser - I thought I wouldn't like those because it didn't seem as "deluxe" as getting new little bottles every day. After staying at several really nice hotels for work and using the wall dispenser for body wash, shampoo, and conditioner, I've completely changed my mind.

Same camp here. Like many I didn’t like the idea of the wall mounts at first. But I’ve been seeing them more and more over the last couple of years at hotels I stay at for work (generally name brand hotels in urban central business districts) and have stayed at a few Disney resorts with them. I’ve moved into the “eh, whatever, no big deal” camp. Although I do slightly miss not being able to snag a few body wash bottles to use at home.

We stayed at Beach a while back and there were small bottles. I know this because I tend to take home about a dozen per stay (my current stash is at about 110 body wash/shampoo/conditioner!)

However, we were club level and I'm not sure if you get better amenities club level... probably not.

When we travel with family we go club. I've been stayed at Disney resorts for conferences and not been club level and saw no difference with amount of products. They sometimes were different products, sometimes not. Likely that depended on what quantities of the variety they have available at the time. We recently became DVC members, so that is something new for us.

Another thought... I might be wrong, but I think they have cut back on housekeeping because of COVID, meaning bottles might not be regularly replaced. The wall mounts will carry more volume,, so they may be switching to them.

Well of course bring your own if you like what you use. H2O+ has been with Disney as far as I can remember. They have dropped a couple of scents and changed the formula for the better...imo. It's doubtful they would switch brands now. The toiletries and mouthwash are also H2O brand. I do wish they still had the foot cream and solar gel at the resorts....good stuff!
I agree and hope Disney stays with H2O and not a cheaper brand. I know when we go to WDW we don’t have to pack shampoo, conditioner, or lotion. Love the H2O. And luggage weight is precious.

We were at Pop in August and they were still using the bottles on the wall. Didn't matter to us cause we always bring our own stuff anyway.

Just back from DVC Beach Club Villas - small bottles of H2O brand - same with BRV/WL

Same camp here. Like many I didn’t like the idea of the wall mounts at first. But I’ve been seeing them more and more over the last couple of years at hotels I stay at for work (generally name brand hotels in urban central business districts) and have stayed at a few Disney resorts with them. I’ve moved into the “eh, whatever, no big deal” camp. Although I do slightly miss not being able to snag a few body wash bottles to use at home.

I hear you on that one. Nothing like missing Disney and breaking into the Sea Salt Body wash to bring you back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter