Shake and Bake

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Got a box of Shake and Bake and there was no bags in it too shake with. Is this a one off or another example of company greed.

I haven't used that product in a couple years, but they did used to have bags. I'd think it's a one off. Hopefully not another example of product being shorted, I noticed one this weekend with a Betty Crocker mix.

everything is changing-

my dollar (and a quarter now) store small aluminum foil containers no longer come with lids

what was once a 'half gallon' of milk now looks the same but is no longer half of a gallon (less ounces-higher price)

LOL! I bought a box of shake and bake this week and was surprised to find that there were no bags! I did the whole thing where I shook the empty box upside down to see if I’d missed them! I used a ziplock, but it wasn’t the same …

Back in the Stone Age, people would make their own crumb mixture, and use paper bags from the grocery store to shake up the meat pieces.

FWIW. the last time I used Walmart knock-off Shake and Bake, it had the flimsy plastic bags in it. I don't know how long that will last, though, given that most store brands are made/packaged at the same plants as the "real" thing.

i never used the bags that came with it b/c they were so small it took forever to do multiple pieces of chicken (or pork) so i would use a zip lock.

Back in the Stone Age, people would make their own crumb mixture, and use paper bags from the grocery store to shake up the meat pieces.

i save the crumbs from the big bags of croutons we get at costco-perfect for breading or using to make a very tasty meatloaf. little busted up tortilla chips at the bottom end of a bag get put into a little ziplock to use on top of taco soup.

Walmart sells Gallon Bread Bags (no ziplock, just regular bags with twist ties) - $3.64 /100. I don't use the stuff, but not having a bag would be annoying.

Shrinkflation, if you look closely at what you buy most products have had this happen to them along with the price increases . They change the size just enough you don't notice unless you actually look at the weight. Check your pasta brand, my went from 16 to 12. The box is the same size, just not as full.

Last edited:
Shrinkflation, if you look closely at what you buy most products have had this happen to them along with the price increases . They change the size just enought you don't notice unless you actulally look at the weight. Check yur pasta brand, my went from 16 to 12. The box is the same size, just not as full.
Actually, I find that pasta boxes are all 16 oz....except farfelle. For some reason, farfelle has pretty much always been 12oz. in a box. For that reason, the only place I'll buy farfelle is Trader Joe's, which sell it in a 16 oz. bag. This is a real sticking point for me (first generation Italian) and my pasta-snob children. Even lasagna noodles, orzo, manicotti shells--all 16 oz. I have no idea why farfelle is different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter