SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

We just got an e-mail from shades today stating both laundry rooms will be closing "for future improvements" There was no specific dates listed..just July. I inquired how long this would last and Paula's response was that they do not have a set time frame. This is bad timing for the hot summer months. Valet laundry will be available.

We just got an e-mail from shades today stating both laundry rooms will be closing "for future improvements" There was no specific dates listed..just July. I inquired how long this would last and Paula's response was that they do not have a set time frame. This is bad timing for the hot summer months. Valet laundry will be available.
Seems sudden? Between our two rooms, we used laundry at least three times, the most recent just on Monday morning with no issue. There was also no signage the rooms would be closing.

There was a day the week before when they were having issues with the credit card processors on the machines and you had to buy "laundry cards" at the front desk to do laundry. We were able to use credit on Monday though.

Although, thinking further, there was at least one washer and one dryer that wasn't working correctly on Monday. Someone else using a washer had to switch and we had to move dryers after one of them didn't really didn't dry our stuff much.

Has anyone recently ordered tickets from Shades of Green? How long did it take for them to contact you?
I emailed my tickets order on Thursday 6/29 and haven’t heard anything from them. I’m thinking it’s just because they probably had a lot of orders come in before us for MVMCP and Jollywood.

Has anyone recently ordered tickets from Shades of Green? How long did it take for them to contact you?
I emailed my tickets order on Thursday 6/29 and haven’t heard anything from them. I’m thinking it’s just because they probably had a lot of orders come in before us for MVMCP and Jollywood.
Ordered tickets a month ago, was contacted 2 days after I sent in form. Submitted form 6/26 for MVMCP and was contacted on 6/29 the date sales started for resort guest. They may be a bit delayed with the holiday, but I’d call and check they received your form.

Ordered tickets a month ago, was contacted 2 days after I sent in form. Submitted form 6/26 for MVMCP and was contacted on 6/29 the date sales started for resort guest. They may be a bit delayed with the holiday, but I’d call and check they received your form.
Thanks for your reply. I felt like a week seemed a bit long to wait. I’ll give them a call this morning.

Okay, we are just back and here is my good, bad and ugly in no order:
  1. Housekeeping was abysmal. Some days they just plain didn’t come, others they didn’t refill items such as soap, tissues or toilet paper. I’ve never had this issue before. (For clarity, at least three times when the do no disturb sign was down by 1130 (twice) 1430 (once), no one came by to check. We figured they would come by to clean when we left, but they never did. We are usually late to leave, but dang. They did advise us they leave at 1730 daily.)
  2. Somebody decided to smoke weed in the parking garage; we could smell it on the way to do laundry. SERIOUSLY?
  3. Coffee maker- you can’t bring your own, but they sell coffee at the Exchange. Make is make sense.
  4. The fried rice and soup at the Garden Gallery was great! The wings at Evergreens were awesome as always. I just wish the dinner buffet and bistro to go (late night food) would come back. Soup broths are chicken, pork and beef. Not ideal if you are vegetarian (I am a meatatarian, so I was okay!)
  5. Please don’t give the security guards grief for checking Id’s. While they didn’t check them every time, they are do it sometimes. Complaining about it, LOUDLY, is just a bad look.
  6. Please, please, please don’t judge when someone doesn’t give up their seat. Yes, I do understand it’s the gentlemanly thing to do, but my back, knees, feet and hip are shot. At various points, the pain was too much and I had to get a wheelchair. I do have handicapped plates and I am 100% disabled. I am just not in a wheelchair full time.
  7. The walkway to the Polynesian is gone. Completely ripped up. There is a car waiting at the end of the dirt blocking you from walking on the dirt.
  8. The buses were great for the most part. There was definitely a get there late (sometimes) and leave early driver. (Bus was supposed to be at a spot and leave at :00, buddy pulled up at :05; same guy left 5 minutes early from the last TTC slot.)
  9. Laundry: most folks we encountered once it opened were extremely nice and even volunteered to help. However, one couple decided to fold their laundry on top of machines that were in use, and decided to be exceptionally nasty when we asked if we could get our wash out. Come on people, do better.
  10. Tips- again, can anyone explain? Are the Java, Garden Gallery and Evergreens workers paid an hourly wage or is it tip based? Are the tips split evenly with the cooks? Are the workers GS’s or all contractors? Someone please explain how it works here.

Seems sudden? Between our two rooms, we used laundry at least three times, the most recent just on Monday morning with no issue. There was also no signage the rooms would be closing.

There was a day the week before when they were having issues with the credit card processors on the machines and you had to buy "laundry cards" at the front desk to do laundry. We were able to use credit on Monday though.

Although, thinking further, there was at least one washer and one dryer that wasn't working correctly on Monday. Someone else using a washer had to switch and we had to move dryers after one of them didn't really didn't dry our stuff much.
They switched companies, and said tide pods messed up the old washers.
Be aware, the new company may charge $12 when you first swipe.

They switched companies, and said tide pods messed up the old washers.
Be aware, the new company may charge $12 when you first swipe.
Why is that? Is that expected, or a glitch they still need to work out?

We'll be there in a few months, so hoping they get any bugs worked out before we get there.

Why is that? Is that expected, or a glitch they still need to work out?

We'll be there in a few months, so hoping they get any bugs worked out before we get there.
It is expected. They have it posted on signs in both laundry rooms.

What does that mean "first swipe"?
How much is each load?
Thanks!
Upon the “first swipe” of your card on the first load.
$3.00 per washer/dryer
Wash- 36 minutes
Dryer-50 minutes
There is an “extended wash” option for $3.25 but I couldn’t get it to work. It would charge $3 but leave the 25¢ hanging.

Upon the “first swipe” of your card on the first load.
$3.00 per washer/dryer
Wash- 36 minutes
Dryer-50 minutes
There is an “extended wash” option for $3.25 but I couldn’t get it to work. It would charge $3 but leave the 25¢ hanging.
Thank you. Good to know!
(I guess where I'm confused is why they are charging $12)

Does anyone know why the pathway from the Shades of Green to the Polynesian Resort has been permanently closed?
Disney is building a DVC resort across the street and is also expanding the road to many more lanes and as a part of this long-term project permanently closed the walkway.

Neither Disney nor Shades or Green want to pay for a solution to my understanding be it a crosswalk/light, bridge, or other solution. So disappointing.

Steve at Military Disney Tips did a write up about it
https://www.militarydisneytips.com/...big-change-at-shades-of-green-transportation/

Disney is building a DVC resort across the street and is also expanding the road to many more lanes and as a part of this long-term project permanently closed the walkway.

Neither Disney nor Shades or Green want to pay for a solution to my understanding be it a crosswalk/light, bridge, or other solution. So disappointing.

Steve at Military Disney Tips did a write up about it
https://www.militarydisneytips.com/...big-change-at-shades-of-green-transportation/
There seems to be a massive amount of traffic there that I didn’t see before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter