SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I'll take a lot of photos. last time I was there my room on third floor leaked during heavy rains lol. I'm gonna try to get them to show me the Suites also since we got two rooms for just us 4.

Has anyone stayed in a suite, any of them.

about to leave for SHADES!!. hope i get put on the magnolia side since we always get put there and the new rooms and but watch me end up on the palm side. lol

We went in January and stayed on Magnolia side (we don't specify a preference and have been on that side for the last 5 times, go figure), and the renovations appeared to be carpet and baseboards, with some of the older doors and fixtures in the bathroom not really changed - so it wasn't the total overhaul like I thought it might be.

So if you get Magnolia side, see what you think about how much was renovated.... enjoy your trip!

I am sponsoring a room for my in laws to join us at Disney. What happens if they arrive several hours before me? I assume they can't check in. Is that correct? Can they access the grounds with my name even if I haven't checked in? Will SOG hold their bags, give access to the pool, etc? Thanks for your guidance :)

I'll take a lot of photos. last time I was there my room on third floor leaked during heavy rains lol. I'm gonna try to get them to show me the Suites also since we got two rooms for just us 4.

Sorry, never stayed in a suite so I can't comment, but I did see a suite in the Palm wing last summer, and it was pretty nice. Photos of Magnolia would be great, and I was also wondering if they had replaced the ancient HVAC systems in the Magnolia wing. The last time we stayed on that side, whenever the AC came on it was terribly loud and annoying especially at night.

Rooms look better but i liked the partition next to the table. Y’all are right kinda let down as the A/C system is the same and so are the bathrooms. Bathrooms being a big thing needing upgrade, that vent fan sucks

Rooms look better but i liked the partition next to the table. Y’all are right kinda let down as the A/C system is the same and so are the bathrooms. Bathrooms being a big thing needing upgrade, that vent fan sucks

I wondered it other rooms also had the partition removed, and it was gone in our room and I didn't like it either.

I just stayed in the Family Suite that sleeps 8 this past Friday night. There are some videos online that you can see it. Basically, you walk in, bathroom on the left (HUGE), small kitchenette to the right with actual dishes, silverware, wine glasses and coffee mugs. Large rectangular table with 4 chairs and a bench. Murphy bed against the wall. Two sofas that fold out. Small balcony (regular room sized...I thought it would be larger). Separate bedroom with king bed and bathroom (larger than regular rooms, but not as big as the other).

We are a family of 6. My kids are now getting too big to all cram into one room, and they are not fond of sharing a bed. I'm trying out the different room situations to see what will work for us. The Junior suite is a better deal by $20 but you get the extra Murphy bed with the Family. It's really almost the same of 2 rooms. I think with adults only the 2 rooms situation is better because each have their own space. I liked having my kids right there, and although we didn't use it, that large dining table was great!

We are staying in the Junior at the beginning of April. (We are new locals and gorging ourselves on Disney.)

I adore SOG. I've been going there since before it was SOG! The first time I walked in, I had major de ja vu! So I googled and read its history. I realized I had stayed there when it was the Disney Inn!

UGH. It's really too bad that the updates were only cosmetic. Figures :rolleyes:.
Anyhow, we still love SOG... location is great, and I certainly can't complain about the rates.

I just stayed in the Family Suite that sleeps 8 this past Friday night.
I've reserved that family suite for August. Does it really only have one tiny fridge like the regular rooms? Those regular fridges are tiny, and I can't imaging it holding enough for 8 people!

I've reserved that family suite for August. Does it really only have one tiny fridge like the regular rooms? Those regular fridges are tiny, and I can't imaging it holding enough for 8 people!

Unfortunately, yes, only one mini fridge. It was in the dresser/tv stand in the living area.

But now that I think about it, there could have been on in the bedroom in the same tv stand thing. Since we were there only one night, we didn't put anything in drawers.

You could treat this room like a condo or DVC villa but with that little fridge, everything would have to be shelf stable.

Is anyone having trouble getting a response from the ticket office? I sent a request form Sunday for park hoppers and I haven't heard back yet. I did try calling today but was on hold for at least 15 mins, so I sent an email. Perhaps I am being too anxious? This is only my 2nd time at this resort and using the advanced ordering process.

Is anyone having trouble getting a response from the ticket office? I sent a request form Sunday for park hoppers and I haven't heard back yet. I did try calling today but was on hold for at least 15 mins, so I sent an email. Perhaps I am being too anxious? This is only my 2nd time at this resort and using the advanced ordering process.

At sog now. They told me yesterday they are running about 2 weeks behind on ticket orders. So that's probably why you haven't heard from them. They said to order asap for upcoming trips.

At sog now. They told me yesterday they are running about 2 weeks behind on ticket orders. So that's probably why you haven't heard from them. They said to order asap for upcoming trips.

Yikes! Thank you so much for asking. My trip isn't until June 1, but I know the fast pass window will open around April 1. Makes me a little nervous.

ETA: Got a call this afternoon to complete my order. My tickets are on the way!

Last edited:
Hey All,
So My husband is the military man & we've never stayed here before -- He's very excited! I didn't know it existed so it will be a new experience for us all! It will be my husband and I as well as our 2 year old daughter, and my parents! We will be staying Aug 20-24. I have heard a lot of good things about SOG, but I have a few questions....
1. Can you get your Magic Bands sent to you early? Or not, because it's not technically a disney resort?
2. How's the transportation to & From the parks?
3. My parents obviously have NO military ties, except for my husband (He booked everything) - So when they are at the hotel will they be able to do everything just like they would a normal hotel, or will my husband need to be present to show his ID? ( Sounds like a dumb question I know -- but I'm making sure this isn't like a military base) because we are wanting them to be able to come and go with our 2 year old while we enjoy some "Extra" park time! :)

Thanks everyone!
Sorry if my questions are ignorant -- I'm new to all this!

I am sponsoring a room for my in laws to join us at Disney. What happens if they arrive several hours before me? I assume they can't check in. Is that correct? Can they access the grounds with my name even if I haven't checked in? Will SOG hold their bags, give access to the pool, etc? Thanks for your guidance :)

Good Question, I have the same issue. My parents are coming with us as grandbaby sitters LOL & I am hoping they can come & go with our daughter so my husband & I can have some extra park time....

My parents obviously have NO military ties, except for my husband (He booked everything) - So when they are at the hotel will they be able to do everything just like they would a normal hotel, or will my husband need to be present to show his ID?
My brother sponsored a room for us (parents and stuff) this past October. I believe he had to be the one to check-in (at least that is what he told me) and his name was shown as lead on both reservations and SOG wouldn't let him change it until check-in. We were initially worried about FP reservations at 60 days but after talking to Disney said it wouldn't matter (and it didn't matter). However, once checked in I could come and go as I pleased without him. I drove a car (though they asked for a room key and ID every time I parked), walked from Poly, used the pool just like everyone else.

You will be given paper shades of green ID cards at check-in which is what your parents can show when they're coming back onto the property, and they will have access after checking in initially with you&husband. SOG doesn't have anything to do with magic bands. If you have one from a previous visit you can check they are still connected to your MDE account and then attach park tickets to that account. This allows you to use your magic bands at the parks. Your room key will be like a regular resort room key/credit card type card. This is also the style of your park tickets if you do not already have magic bands (you can purchase and activate these as well if you dont have them).
The transportation is good but specific and on time. We like walking to/from the poly unless our leaving coincides with a bus leaving.
Hopefully I answered everything but feel free to PM me or ask more!

We had this happen. I was sponsoring two rooms for my Mom and sisters family who were meeting us there. We drove from Colorado and they drove from Texas. they beat us by several hours. They were allowed onto the grounds to park and could hang out in the lobby, but not much else. I had given them all the reservation info though which they were asked for at the gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter