SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Yes to this^
The Express Cafe should be renamed.:laughing:
The food is decent, but so slow to arrive. We save this place for non park days when we don't have to rush anywhere.
On park days, we send the first person out of the shower to Starbucks while the rest of us are getting ready.

TRUTH it is SUPER slow but they have really great food and the portions are really generous. We're not huge breakfast eaters and the breakfast croissant sandwiches are easily split between 2 people. The ham/egg/cheese one is our fave :)

I called recently and was told that the renovation has been put off indefinitely. Not sure if that's changed.

Well I wouldn't be too surprised if the rehab was delayed. SOG projects typically run behind schedule, so who knows. The following is a quote from the Military Disney Tips most recent newsletter:

"Shades of Green the Military Only Resort on Walt Disney World Property will be starting a 50 million dollar renovation of their Magnolia Wing in September 2017. The renovation is expected to last from 18 to 24 months! Due to this we can expect discounts that used to be announced well in advance to be announced much closer to the discounted timeframe and for the dates and incentives to be less than we have seen in the past."

Has anyone stayed here before a Disney cruise? If so, can you please share how you got to the port? I was planning on using DCL transportation, but since we will most likely be staying here, I'm not sure if that's an option. Thanks for any help!

Anybody have a current bus schedule? I'm particularly interested in the first available bus to AK. I want to get there an hour before opening to get to FOP.

Anybody have a current bus schedule? I'm particularly interested in the first available bus to AK. I want to get there an hour before opening to get to FOP.

I don't have the bus schedule, but as I recall buses to AK and DHS leave 30 minutes prior to park opening. Not sure why they continue with this late departure time, but it is what it is. We are in the same boat, so we will be driving to AK. Of course, you can always walk over to the Poly and hop on the Disney bus.

I don't have the bus schedule, but as I recall buses to AK and DHS leave 30 minutes prior to park opening. Not sure why they continue with this late departure time, but it is what it is. We are in the same boat, so we will be driving to AK. Of course, you can always walk over to the Poly and hop on the Disney bus.
Thanks for the info! Yes my backup plan is tonwslk to poly but that's going to mean leaving even earlier! Guess we'll suck it up and go! Lol!

I've never been in a place that Amazon Now is an option! Are prices higher because of the convenience?

No, I didn't find that at all, prices are very good. I actually paid a small delivery fee to have it within one hour. It was worth it but otherwise it would have been free.

I have a few questions about checking in. DD reserved three rooms, most of us will be with her when we check in but the couple that has the third room is driving and meeting us.
1. Will DD check them in when she checks in for the other two rooms or will she have to leave the parks and go back to SOG when they arrive?
2. If she can check them in, does that mean their room will go on her credit card instead of theirs?
3. Can DD check them in but leave their room key at the front desk?
4. What about parking their car at SOG?

Right now the plan is to stay at a Disney owned hotel our first two nights. DD is flying down a day after the rest of the family so we cannot check in until she arrives. Her flight gets in late, we are staying at the Disney hotel so the kids can go to bed before DD arrives. DD will take Magical Express to the Disney hotel then first thing in the morning we will check out and move to SOG, leave luggage with Bell Services (assuming rooms are not ready) then off the breakfast at one of the parks where the relatives will meet us.

I have a few questions about checking in. DD reserved three rooms, most of us will be with her when we check in but the couple that has the third room is driving and meeting us.
1. Will DD check them in when she checks in for the other two rooms or will she have to leave the parks and go back to SOG when they arrive?
2. If she can check them in, does that mean their room will go on her credit card instead of theirs?
3. Can DD check them in but leave their room key at the front desk?
4. What about parking their car at SOG?

Right now the plan is to stay at a Disney owned hotel our first two nights. DD is flying down a day after the rest of the family so we cannot check in until she arrives. Her flight gets in late, we are staying at the Disney hotel so the kids can go to bed before DD arrives. DD will take Magical Express to the Disney hotel then first thing in the morning we will check out and move to SOG, leave luggage with Bell Services (assuming rooms are not ready) then off the breakfast at one of the parks where the relatives will meet us.

We've done this several times where we reserved rooms for family to come with us. She does not need to be there when they check in, there is a form she needs to sign at the front desk basically giving them permission to sign in. When they come to check in, they will give the front desk their own credit card to put on that room. They will be given a parking pass for their car - parking is $7 per day added to your room charge.

How does SOG and EMH work for evening hours? I have stayed at SOG several years ago and then all you had to do is show the room key to get in for early EMH or to get something that showed you could stay in the park for evening hours. This was before the arm bands were prominent. From what I can tell they now scan your armbands to tell if you can stay in the park for evening EMH. Will we have to show the room key every time or is there a way they can add that information to arm bands or what?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter