Shade at the DVC pools...any advice?

kaytieedid

Mouseketeer
We've stayed at Kidani, OKW, BWV, BLT and BCV in the past but I had never paid much attention to pool shade before since it was October and we weren't spending tons of time swimming. We are seriously considering going in August this year so pool shade is definitely important to us. We are traveling with a 5 and 2 year old and all burn very easily. I sort of remember the only shade at OKW was under the bridge over the pool. Does anyone have advice on what pools are more shady than others? Thanks so much!!!:)

You get a good amount of shade from the building plus there are 4 or 5 tables under the roof near the bar at BLT plus there are many tables with umbrellas over at the Contemporary. Never had the interest in staying at any other DVCs so i can't speak about them. Good luck, remember it is not the direct sun, 100 degree temps and the 100% humidity that kills you, wait yes it is... Seriously, i love Florida in August. It is so cool watching the bugs spontaneously combust in mid flight. They actually make a "poof" sound...

i too, need shade and as soon as i get to the pool, make sure we have table with an umbrella. This usually isn't a problem, we travel in march and go to the pool around 2 in the afternoon, but if the resort was crowded i would go earlier to secure the table

from there, having the base shade, we can scout around and see what else is available.

Good luck!

My DH likes VWL in the summer because of the shade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter