• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sewer Hose Length Needed

Mcert01

Mouseketeer
Hi, We are going to be at FW on a premium site in November. I've seen some pictures of some of the sites, and it looks like the sewer connection is somewhere around the middle to middle front of some of the sites. This brings me to my question. Our black tank connection is located in the back of our 30' TT. How long a sewer hose run will we need?

Thanks for the help!

Hi, We are going to be at FW on a premium site in November. I've seen some pictures of some of the sites, and it looks like the sewer connection is somewhere around the middle to middle front of some of the sites. This brings me to my question. Our black tank connection is located in the back of our 30' TT. How long a sewer hose run will we need?

Thanks for the help!

You are correct, about middle of RV, I always carry a 20' hose, never had an issue.

Depends on the length of the site, and how far back you put your trailer. We carry 20ft also, and never had an issue. DW knows where to stop me so that we do not have a problem.

20 foot should be fine. FW, unlike a lot of other campgrounds actually has the sewer in relatively similar location from site to site. Other campgrounds it can be an extreme of front or back. We have the 20 foot hose, but made with 10 sections with quick connect in case the connection is right at the outlet or can extend just in case it's much further off.

20 foot should be fine. FW, unlike a lot of other campgrounds actually has the sewer in relatively similar location from site to site. Other campgrounds it can be an extreme of front or back. We have the 20 foot hose, but made with 10 sections with quick connect in case the connection is right at the outlet or can extend just in case it's much further off.
Thanks

This. I have a couple of 25' sections as well as a 10'. I was at a campground in St. Augustine that had their sewer connections at the extreme rear and front of the campsite. I had to join the 2 25' sections to reach the front hookup. It was too long, but the 25' and 10' sections came up short. Always have spare hose. Aside from reach, sometimes they do break or leak.

I was at a campground in St. Augustine that had their sewer connections at the extreme rear and front of the campsite.

Must have been Stagecoach RV Park. We were there a couple of years ago with 2 10' sections of pipe .... didnt reach by about 6' ... guess what they sell in the camp store ... 10' pipes. :rolleyes1

Must have been Stagecoach RV Park. We were there a couple of years ago with 2 10' sections of pipe .... didnt reach by about 6' ... guess what they sell in the camp store ... 10' pipes. :rolleyes1
We were at North Beach Camp Resort. They sold cheap hose that tore when we tried to put it on. Learned my lesson to carry enough pieces to make it reach. The site wasn't level and the sewer at the back was within reach but uphill of my tank dump. That wouldn't have helped. My daughter said the place looked like Jurassic Park. LOL

I have the camco 20' kit with a extra 5' section. My sewer connection is now behind the axles and I might need to add another 10 footer for some of these RV parks. that have the hookup more forward.
You don't see it much, but it does happen. I guess we could move forward or backward in range when we need to dump but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a hook up on site. By that I don't mean I park where I want to on the site, it could mean pulling up water and electric, moving a tent or other structure, pulling in slides and/or awnings or even a vehicle. That's us. If you're pulling a trailer or 5er you would have to hook up to move forward or backward to reach.

I have a 5th wheel and the shift to behind the axle hasn't been too bad as most are just before the axle. I really liked a newer RV park that I stay at last summer, they had two sewer connections one close to power water central to the site and one about 10' back. So far only one site where it was impossible to pull forward enough and park the truck to connect without 25' of sewer hose, which is when I bought the extra 5' section.

I have a 5th wheel and the shift to behind the axle hasn't been too bad as most are just before the axle. I really liked a newer RV park that I stay at last summer, they had two sewer connections one close to power water central to the site and one about 10' back. So far only one site where it was impossible to pull forward enough and park the truck to connect without 25' of sewer hose, which is when I bought the extra 5' section.
My outlet is almost in the center but that's almost 25' fore or aft if the dump is behind or in front of the coach. Again, doesn't happen often, but when/if it does you need the extra hose. Also, as I stated above if the sewer pipe is higher than your dump pipe it won't work because..... gravity.

The hersey park campground, pa. Pull through site. Hook ups at the rear. 35 foot of hose on a TT. Big prices for the extra 10 footer in the camp store, oh wait they only sold the 20 foot kit. Lol. Trip to the wallmart not to far away, and 50 $ saved. Bad design. And i should have known better as i was warned before hand. Live and learn.

Oh something up my alley! Experience is key.

Back story. 2012 was the first trip to Disney with the trailer. I didn't know how the whole sewer hose worked as the places we have stayed were either pump out service or end of the trip dump station. So we get there and the 10 footer is not going to work since my valve for the black and grey water was in the back. Where I had placed the trailer in the site, I sunk it deep. Electric was no problem since was up front. The cable no problem that too was up front. The water was in the back but a 25 foot hose worked. However the 10 foot stinky slinky was not going to work. My DW and I think my dad with DD as well took the golf cart down to the camp store and bought 2 20 foot sewer hoses with ends and splicer and everything needed for the sewer. I tend to remember hearing a comment of "I don't care that it was expensive. I just don't want to leave the disney bubble..." I want to say it was pretty pricey for the parts. I used those tubes up until this past year. I used them on several additional disney trips since I knew what to expect including a couple of trips to places with FHU.

2019 and 2020 camping seasons. New trailer but now I have 2 valves. 1 up front for Grey 1 and Black. A rear valve for Grey 2 for the galley. I just used the 20 footer I have in the SS holder under the trailer and went back and forth when I needed to dump the tanks. The first time in 2019 we stayed at a FHU campground, the camper next door looked perplexed. I simply said I don't normally have a sewer hook up so I never invested in the getting a set up for waste water removal. I realized that I could use a set up as our last 3 trips that year, I could have used something to make it all work.

2020 rolls around. We stayed mainly at our regular spot. No sewer and the place is remote. No sewers in the area. During our 2 week drive around upstate NY, I finally commited to getting a waste water set up. Interestingly enough, I broke down and bought 2 Rhino Flex 20 foot set ups at Moose Hilllock for the NE Dis meet. Man I was in heaven. Heck the wife rolled out early one morning to resupply the trailer at a local walmart. She got me a storage tote for the all tubes and parts.

I will admit I definitely paid a premium. However that "do'h tax" was about $20 for each set from what I could tell. I checked around they had it and not the local walmart and Amazon was higher when I could find the same kit and 3 weeks out. I even told the DW that I should get a set up for the trailer if we are camping in more places with the FHU sites and the like. It just not on the high priorities list. However, I now have a perfect set up for my trailer and it is universal. However, the set up is modular. The tubes are rigid and conforming. They collapse down to 4 feet maybe and are 10 feet fully extended. They can be capped while being stored. The kit also comes with an elbow. I also I got the Y for Christmas the year earlier I should have gotten 2 kits as well. However I know now where ever I go and get a FHU site, I know I can set my waste water without an issue. After Moose, we had one more site on that trip. It was dream. The last trip of the year, I really got to use the modular aspect. The sewer tube was right next to my front tanks. 2 sections for the back. 1 section for the front and I was happy camper. The storage tote holds everything I need. 4 hoses, 1 elbow and 1 wye. Also I have a 50 foot garden hose for the black water flushing port. This Christmas I got another 15 foot sewer support for Christmas. I already had one 15 footer. Funny thing is I carried a 20 foot support in trailer.

So I learned the hard way not once but twice in a way. Funny thing is I wanted to get some hoses for the trailer at some point but my camping trip just forced my hand in the matter. So good luck to all and hopefully my experience will help those who read this. Here is a picture of my set up from Moose Hillock.

sewerhose set up.jpg

Last edited:
My new trailer has 2 drains and I needed more hose to have it all drain. So I purchased this Camco sewer hose which lets me connect the two drains together, with an additional Y connector, and then I use the existing hose to drain to the sewer drain from the Y. This worked perfectly and hoses also tend to stay where I put them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter