~~~~ Sew, it seams this trip wasn't the adventure we had planned! ~~ January 2018! ~~ COMPLETE 5/6!

Sad that you're at the part when V got sick. Poor kiddo! I kind of know how this goes but of course I can't wait to read how the rest of your time went!

I am at the part in my TR where we met if you're interested in reading! I will be updating in the next few days. The link is in my signature.

Hope you're having a great day!

I'm enjoying this trip report! I love the bags esp the black Mickey one. Where did you find it? Also wondering if you recommend the town car you took from the airport Im needing one in July and am leaning more for a private car than Uber.

!!!!! It took us one hour to go from the door of SoG to the TTC - I have noted in my journal "1 hour fail"...
Next time just walk to TTC. It's not that bad a walk from Poly and saves a ton of time. Follow the front sidewalk from Poly and there are signs.

It took the servers at Via Napoli a few minutes to locate where the card went, but they found it and all was good.
Glad you found it!

V came in to sit with us... She wasn't feeling well. :(
Ruh Roh Scooby--so sorry she was sick at Disney.

Under the Seas with Nemo and Friends - and as usual, the FP wasn't needed...
We needed a FP when we were there--stand by was over 60 minutes by 11am!
Living with the Land also had a crazy long line. Luckily I was very lucky finding extra FP on our Epcot day!

Ummm.... We also grabbed Dole Whips - since we were right there. ::yes::
Of course!

You are obviously busy. I thought I'd missed some updates since I've been MIA from Disboards lately. Hope all is well with you and yours. Hopefully the Europe trip planning is coming along well.

Hi all!!! First off - welcome to all of my new readers - I normally welcome each person individually, but I am so far behind here - I just don't have the time. Rest assured, I've read your posts and I am so happy you are here! :lovestruc

Also - I hope all of you (that celebrate) had a wonderful Easter! :grouphug:

Sorry for being MIA... I am trying hard to get here, but with my morning schedule, I have to be awake at 3:30am to have time to update here and get everything done... and with the Dis down for updates every morning until 5am my time - it's almost impossible for me to get here between 5-6am. Sigh. First world problems, I know. ::yes:: Instead, I am here in between lifting sets, and just trying to get a small life update squeezed in, because I know I left you all hanging regarding some of my test results.

First things first... Test results... My brain MRI came back "essentially normal" (direct quote from my neurologist)... The only thing found was a bit of a sinus issue. This is GREAT NEWS!!! I was terrified that it was a tumor or something causing my tremors... Praising God it wasn't that. It appears my tremors are hereditary from my Mom... She had tremors - but we always thought they were due to her epilepsy - it seems (now) that wasn't the case, and it was a separate issue... Which I am now blessed with. All is good - I will live and at the moment, it doesn't affect my life too greatly.

I also had a pelvic ultrasound... there was an issue found here... I have to go in for a follow up on this - but I haven't made the appointment yet. I need to do that.

So - that is it. I am as healthy as I am going to get. :) Everything else is fantastic... Dr is very happy with my weight/body composition/eating habits. :woohoo:

I have been insanely busy with work and not-work projects... I finally finished the last of my "Spring Capsule Wardrobe Challenge" items late last week... I still have a few things I'd like to make to coordinate with it for our trip - but for the moment, I am taking a personal sewing break. I found out last night that I was one of the winners of the challenge - I was chosen by random drawing - so it's not as if I did anything fantastic to earn it. :lmao: Here's a teaser photo for you though - I'll post the individual outfit pics in my Europe PTR - as I have a LARGE update to do over there today too. ::yes::

48E41D2B-EF2F-4D8B-BC08-19403253E16C.jpg

Dad is doing as well as can be expected... It was his 71st birthday last week, so we took him out... He enjoyed it. :)

>Insert pics here if they ever upload<

Josh is doing well... His back has finally loosened up - however, he did miss the last step coming downstairs this morning - so we will see if that holds out? He is working hard and looking forward to some time off coming soon! :woohoo:

Allison - is still working hard and saving like crazy... She is still dating Gus and things are going well there. :)

Victoria is also still working hard... She just started a new job this morning at a local daycare... So she will be working at the daycare full time for the coming weeks and also at the pizza place - she is going to be one exhausted girl!!!! She is ready to be done with pizza - but she doesn't want to leave her boss/the owner hanging for a night manager, so she is going to try to hold out until he can get someone trained. For my girl who can't function without sleep - this is going to be a very difficult time for her! ::yes:: She has been spending a lot of time with her newish boyfriend (Carter)... They seem to enjoy each other a lot - and it doesn't hurt that the dogs like him too. ::yes::

>insert pics here too<

The dogs are doing great - spoiled as usual...

>Also insert pics here<

And that's about all... Life is crazy and I just cannot believe how quickly time is going!!!

Gonna try to get an update done in the Europe PTR today too... Lots of updates to be done over there!!!

Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all!!! I miss you all so much - but I am so thankful for Facebook, as it allows me to keep up a little bit! :grouphug:

D~

Glad to see an update! I've been missing your TR updates and daily life stuff. Your capsule wardrobe looks wonderful! I think you could mix and match endlessly. Should make packing for your Europe trip much easier. Hope you continue to get good news with your health tests.

Glad your test results came back relatively normal. That sounds like something my doctor would say.
Wow Victoria is busy. I hope she doesn't burn herself out.
All your sewing projects are so nice. I like how all the colors go together.
I'm glad everyone is doing well.
I had a busy Easter. First my daughter and I went to brunch with my brothers' families. Unfortunately my sister's couldn't make it. Then we went to her sister-in-law's for dinner and a birthday party.
I have to finish getting ready for work now. The computer thought I'd like to work a mid sift today.
Liz

That's great news that your test result came back relatively normal.

I'm glad to hear your dad is doing well and that he enjoyed his birthday.

I hope Josh back is OK after missing the last step coming downstairs.

How great that the girls are doing well. Poor V having 2 jobs when I know how much she needs her slip. Hopefully the pizza guy hires someone new soon and get them trained fast so V can get done with the pizza place.

We got a lot of snow during Easter. We had 3 feet and 11 inches of snow at the most during Easter. Today we "only" have 3 feet 5 inches so the snow is melting. It doesn't look like we are getting more snow in the near future.
Since it snowed most of last week I spent most of the time indoors. Ulf and I started to plan our Germany trip, but before the trip to Germany I'm going to Bergen with some geocaching friends the last weekend of April.

In about a month or 1 1\2 month (depending on the weather and road conditions) it's time to change the tires on the car again to summer tires.

About a month a go my riding therapist came with the sad news that she won't offer therapy riding any more :(
No one else is offering therapy riding here in Tromsø.

It's only 1 week until my birthday, but since "everyone" (read my parents) are out of town I won't celebrate my birthday on the actual day. I'm going to celebrate it the week after my birthday.

something causing my tremors... Praising God it wasn't that. It appears my tremors are hereditary from my Mom... She had tremors -
Welcome to the benign tremor club. My family has them, from my Mother's side. Seems the men have much worse tremors than the women--at least in my family. Mine are worse when I've been exercising hard (exertion) or tired. One of my brothers has them pretty bad. I contend the upside is excellent coordination--I can catch things that most people wouldn't be able to (you know the dollar through the hand trick--I can catch that sucker most of the time).

I also had a pelvic ultrasound... there was an issue found here.
Been there done that. Hope results are good for you.

Sounds like your trip is going to be awesome, and busy. Your DH will really enjoy Normandy. So much history. The outfits are amazing, of course! Have fun with it.

Glad to see an update and that everything is pretty normal. You know we all worry when we don't hear from you. I also had an ultrasound and found out I had fibroids in my uterus. Since I was so close to menopause the doctor said I could try medication and only needed them for a couple years. Not sure if that's what you have but I know they're pretty common. Hopefully you can manage with the tremors now that you know what they are.

Your wardrobe looks great and should make your packing a little easier. I'm sure you can always add more to it later if you want, but for now it looks like enough. With our weather I don't think you will be tempted to wear them now. We are going to the Twins opener on Thursday and I think we are going to freeze. I always tell my son to get tickets in the sun, but this year I didn't and said we could try somewhere new. We are right behind home plate in the second deck and I don't think we will see any sun at all!

We celebrated my youngest son's birthday on Easter. His birthday is the 6th but he was born on Easter so it was kind of fun celebrating it then. It was his idea as we've never done it then. I felt he shouldn't have to share it with our Easter celebration. I still hide eggs for my grandkids even though they're older. This is the first year in a long time I had to hide them indoors.

I'll have to go to your other report and see what your plans are.

Last edited:
3:30 am???? That's crazy!! I don't know how anyone could do that. I am supposed to get up at 5:30 am and I never make it...I'm out of bed by 5:45, though, so I'm not late to work. Once we move into the house I won't have to get up until 6 am and I am so looking forward to that extra 15 minutes. Pathetic, isn't it? LOL

I hate pelvic ultrasounds...seems like I end up having one of those every year plus a mammogram...I know they're important but I really don't like them. Prayers that all comes back well with that. Sorry to hear about the tremors! I continue to be a medical mystery to my doctors. I saw one of my doctors yesterday and brought up the numbness/loss of sensation in two of my fingers and he's completely puzzled, especially since they ruled out MS last year. I just love being a medical mystery. NOT.

How is Josh's back after missing that step yesterday morning? Glad to hear Allison is doing well. Poor V, working two jobs. Brie is my child who needs a lot of sleep and when she doesn't get it she's a bear to deal with. I hope V is able to juggle/manage all of it without it affecting her too much. But such hard workers -- I know you're proud of them.

We're working to get the house ready to move in. Mark finished re-laying the floor last night but unfortunately we're going to have to replace the upstairs carpet so that's being done on Friday. I've taken the day off work to deal with that and to work on painting the laundry room, which I really want done before we move the washer and dryer in. We had hoped not to have to do that but it didn't work out. Oh well...today he'll be repairing the walls where he took the other wall down. That's a multi-day process so he's starting today and hoping to be done by the end of the weekend. I wanted to wait to move in until next weekend but Brie has lacrosse regionals out of town next weekend and his brothers aren't available to help the following weekend, so it looks like we'll be moving things out of storage and into the house this weekend. I hate the thought of moving things in before we're planning to actually be living full-time in the house, so we shall see if this forces us to move into the house before the work is all done. But I'm looking forward to feeling more settled!!!

Glad to see an update! I've been missing your TR updates and daily life stuff. Your capsule wardrobe looks wonderful! I think you could mix and match endlessly. Should make packing for your Europe trip much easier. Hope you continue to get good news with your health tests.

I know - I feel very guilty for neglecting all of my friends here... My schedule just seems so chaotic lately. I am trying harder to get up to work earlier, just because most days - I take a 2 hour lunch to visit dad, so I feel like I need more time to get everything done that I want to.

Thank you - I had so much fun coming up with it and putting it all together. I've already started "collecting" fabrics for a fall capsule - hopefully I can keep this one at a more manageable number? LOL

Thank you - so far so good. Now the bills are starting to roll in... :eek: I am thankful for good health insurance - but the bills still aren't cheap. Oh well - I have peace of mind, so I am glad I had everything checked out. :)

Glad your test results came back relatively normal. That sounds like something my doctor would say.
Wow Victoria is busy. I hope she doesn't burn herself out.
All your sewing projects are so nice. I like how all the colors go together.
I'm glad everyone is doing well.
I had a busy Easter. First my daughter and I went to brunch with my brothers' families. Unfortunately my sister's couldn't make it. Then we went to her sister-in-law's for dinner and a birthday party.
I have to finish getting ready for work now. The computer thought I'd like to work a mid sift today.
Liz

Thank you - it is such a relief.

She is busy - both girls are... It's getting to the point where I don't often see them - go I grab any moments that I can. Today, Allison and I are going to Gpa's for lunch (she doesn't know it yet, LOL)...

Thanks! I had so much fun working on them, and to be honest - it was an excellent distraction while I was going through all of my testing... Whether I knew it or not at the time - it was something I very much *needed* to do. :lovestruc

It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter, despite not everyone being there. :)

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing your life updates! :lovestruc

That's great news that your test result came back relatively normal.

I'm glad to hear your dad is doing well and that he enjoyed his birthday.

I hope Josh back is OK after missing the last step coming downstairs.

How great that the girls are doing well. Poor V having 2 jobs when I know how much she needs her slip. Hopefully the pizza guy hires someone new soon and get them trained fast so V can get done with the pizza place.

We got a lot of snow during Easter. We had 3 feet and 11 inches of snow at the most during Easter. Today we "only" have 3 feet 5 inches so the snow is melting. It doesn't look like we are getting more snow in the near future.
Since it snowed most of last week I spent most of the time indoors. Ulf and I started to plan our Germany trip, but before the trip to Germany I'm going to Bergen with some geocaching friends the last weekend of April.

In about a month or 1 1\2 month (depending on the weather and road conditions) it's time to change the tires on the car again to summer tires.

About a month a go my riding therapist came with the sad news that she won't offer therapy riding any more :(
No one else is offering therapy riding here in Tromsø.

It's only 1 week until my birthday, but since "everyone" (read my parents) are out of town I won't celebrate my birthday on the actual day. I'm going to celebrate it the week after my birthday.

Yes, I am so relieved! It was kind of scary there for a while.

Dad and Josh are doing OK. :)

V is definitely tired, LOL... Hopefully she can slow down soon!

Yay for the end of winter in sight for all of us.

Very excited to hear about your Germany trip plans! How long will you be there again?

So sad about your riding therapy - I know you enjoyed the challenge!

Bummer that your family is out of town on your actual birthday - but it sounds like your other plans will be great!

I've missed you Lillian - I am glad to hear you are doing well! :hug:

Welcome to the benign tremor club. My family has them, from my Mother's side. Seems the men have much worse tremors than the women--at least in my family. Mine are worse when I've been exercising hard (exertion) or tired. One of my brothers has them pretty bad. I contend the upside is excellent coordination--I can catch things that most people wouldn't be able to (you know the dollar through the hand trick--I can catch that sucker most of the time).

Been there done that. Hope results are good for you.

Sounds like your trip is going to be awesome, and busy. Your DH will really enjoy Normandy. So much history. The outfits are amazing, of course! Have fun with it.

Yes - it's not very fun... and sometimes it makes work difficult and frustrating. However - I am not dying from it, so I will deal with it. So far, I haven't noticed anything that makes it better/worse - however, I do notice days that it's better/worse than others, so I should probably try to track that better. Hmmm... Haven't noticed any coordination differences - :scratchin

Thank you!

We are very excited!!! It will be so fun to see these parts of the world - I never even imagined this would be a possibility for me, we are very thankful for the opportunity. ::yes::

Glad to see an update and that everything is pretty normal. You know we all worry when we don't hear from you. I also had an ultrasound and found out I had fibroids in my uterus. Since I was so close to menopause the doctor said I could try medication and only needed them for a couple years. Not sure if that's what you have but I know they're pretty common. Hopefully you can manage with the tremors now that you know what they are.

Your wardrobe looks great and should make your packing a little easier. I'm sure you can always add more to it later if you want, but for now it looks like enough. With our weather I don't think you will be tempted to wear them now. We are going to the Twins opener on Thursday and I think we are going to freeze. I always tell my son to get tickets in the sun, but this year I didn't and said we could try somewhere new. We are right behind home plate in the second deck and I don't think we will see any sun at all!

We celebrated my youngest son's birthday on Easter. His birthday is the 6th but he was born on Easter so it was kind of fun celebrating it then. It was his idea as we've never done it then. I felt he shouldn't have to share it with our Easter celebration. I still hide eggs for my grandkids even though they're older. This is the first year in a long time I had to hide them indoors.

I'll have to go to your other report and see what your plans are.

I am sorry... It has been crazy here - and I don't forsee it getting any better in the near future... My calendar is jam packed until almost fall! :eek:

Yes - that is what they found at my U/S... However, I have absolutely NO symptoms of them - so I don't necessarily see a need to proceed further with treatment. ::yes:: Though - maybe I should??? I don't know???

The tremors are manageable... My neurologist was trying to write me a prescription to "manage" them... And I was like "wait - whoa", I am not here for meds - I just want to make sure I am not dying. LOL I am super "no prescription" unless there is no other treatment available - just so many horror stories and side effects to everything, it scares me too much... Personal choice, obviously - I'd never look down on anyone for their medication. :)

Thanks! I had so much fun making everything -and it was a much needed distraction while I was waiting on test results. ::yes::

Oooh - stay warm today at the opener!!! Go Twins! :woohoo:

It sounds like you had a great celebration! Next year - Allison's birthday is on Easter... I've been waiting for this exact birthday for many, many years now... It's Easter Sunday, it's her Golden Birthday, and it's also her 21st birthday (bars are closed on Easter Sunday :woohoo: ) LOL... I couldn't have planned that any better 20 years ago! :lmao:

Thanks for stopping by - always great to see you!

3:30 am???? That's crazy!! I don't know how anyone could do that. I am supposed to get up at 5:30 am and I never make it...I'm out of bed by 5:45, though, so I'm not late to work. Once we move into the house I won't have to get up until 6 am and I am so looking forward to that extra 15 minutes. Pathetic, isn't it? LOL

I hate pelvic ultrasounds...seems like I end up having one of those every year plus a mammogram...I know they're important but I really don't like them. Prayers that all comes back well with that. Sorry to hear about the tremors! I continue to be a medical mystery to my doctors. I saw one of my doctors yesterday and brought up the numbness/loss of sensation in two of my fingers and he's completely puzzled, especially since they ruled out MS last year. I just love being a medical mystery. NOT.

How is Josh's back after missing that step yesterday morning? Glad to hear Allison is doing well. Poor V, working two jobs. Brie is my child who needs a lot of sleep and when she doesn't get it she's a bear to deal with. I hope V is able to juggle/manage all of it without it affecting her too much. But such hard workers -- I know you're proud of them.

We're working to get the house ready to move in. Mark finished re-laying the floor last night but unfortunately we're going to have to replace the upstairs carpet so that's being done on Friday. I've taken the day off work to deal with that and to work on painting the laundry room, which I really want done before we move the washer and dryer in. We had hoped not to have to do that but it didn't work out. Oh well...today he'll be repairing the walls where he took the other wall down. That's a multi-day process so he's starting today and hoping to be done by the end of the weekend. I wanted to wait to move in until next weekend but Brie has lacrosse regionals out of town next weekend and his brothers aren't available to help the following weekend, so it looks like we'll be moving things out of storage and into the house this weekend. I hate the thought of moving things in before we're planning to actually be living full-time in the house, so we shall see if this forces us to move into the house before the work is all done. But I'm looking forward to feeling more settled!!!

Yah - it makes life a little crazy - as there are days when I do get up that early and it sure would be nice to make some headway here, but I have to wait until 5am for that. :scratchin

Yay :woohoo: for sleeping in! That is awesome! I am so glad you found a house! I can't wait to see it once you get settled.

HOpefully they can run more tests for you, so you can get some answers - it's very frustrating not knowing, isn't it? :hug:

Surprisingly, Josh is doing oK - I thought he was done for. And V is managing... She now has Sundays off at both jobs - so it will be good for her to have at least one day - which, of course, she will likely spend with Carter, but at least it's a day off.

Good luck this weekend and getting all of the work done and getting settled. It's a big job, but it will be so nice to start this new chapter! And good luck to Brie!

***********************************************************************************************************

Nothing exciting to update... Lots of working and having lunch with Dad... Which is most of my life right now... I wouldn't have it any other way! ::yes::

I'll try to check in again over the weekend! Have a great day all - prayers and pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

I'm so glad to hear you are able to spend time with your Dad.

It was so nice getting a mail that you had made a new post here on the DIS. I've missed your updates about what you are up to in your daily life :hug:

I'm staying 3 weeks in Germany. We will be staying around Hamburg and then go to Thüringen for a geocaching event after the event we will head to Berlin where we will deliver the rental car back at the airport before spending some time in Berlin. Our original plan was to stay 3 days in Berlin, but looking at our road trip plans now it looks like we will have 7 days in Berlin before heading back home.

We are going to Germany mostly to geocache. In geocaching there are statistic of every find you make. Everything from the difficulty to find the actual cache, the difficulty of the terrain where the cache is located, cache size and a lot more.
One statistic we now want to fill is to find geocaches hidden in each month of every year since May 2000, which is the month and year it all started.
We are missing a lot of the early geocaches and we found out that Germany has a lot of cache from the year 2001 and forwards and the USA has caches from the year 2000. So our plan is to go to Germany and find the caches we can there and in 2020 we are going to the US to find the last caches we are missing. In 2020 our plan so far is to visit the New Jersey area and Seattle in Washington.

Just found your trip report! Enjoying following along as it reminds me of my own girls trips with my mom and sister!

Just a thought I had when you said it took you an hour to get from SoG to Epcot, would it not be faster to just walk to the TTC on the path from Poly rather than riding the monorail all the way around?

Just a thought! :)

:flower1:Hello again:wave2:
Remember me lol

Finally back on the Dis and found your TR. Loving it all so far and your bags and outfits are even more fabulous on you than in the pre trip photos :goodvibes
Looking back at your older photos I have to say you have anti-aged D :worship:
You look amazing and I would easily mistake you guys for sisters :)
Hopefully I’ll manage to keep up but I’ve a feeling my life is about to get very very busy!!! Leaving you in suspense for now but hopefully for not too long :goodvibes
Have a great weekend

Well since I posted this life indeed did get busy as I'm now a very proud Granny to a very precious little boy and I have been reading along but haven't had much time to comment. I did just want to say I'm so glad that all your test results have come back good. Funny how we forget about our own health sometimes until it gives us a wake up kick in the behind so to speak! You are looking fab and your outfits are just gorgeous :thumbsup2
I also want to thank you for sending me your budget worksheet as I've put it into action and have since cleared 2 loans and we managed to buy so much stuff to help out with the arrival of our little Grandson with our new advanced planning that I feel quite proud :) Only the mortgage and 1 car to go and to be honest I'm fine with the mortgage running it's term as I'd like to put away some cash for my boy's future needs (my 3 kids are spread over 2 decades :goodvibes-8 yrs between the 1st 2 and 9yrs between the 2nd 2 so while eldest girl is married and a mum the next kiddo is at university training to be a teacher and the youngest is 11 yrs old). Anyhow I didn't mean to hijack your TR but I did want to say thanks :goodvibes
I've also found your other report so I'm excited for your trip to Europe too! You really are a very busy lady (just in case you hadn't noticed lol):rotfl2:

Day 5 Part I

Saturday, January 20, 2018

A (much needed) day off

(Ugh - I rotated all of these pics in Photobucket - I sure hope they are all upright for you guys???)

I was awake at 5:15am - but I laid in bed until 6:15, letting the girls sleep a little bit longer.

Allison and I went to sit in the lobby of SoG for a while - I had my trip journal in hand, so I could catch up on writing... We grabbed coffees and hung out for a bit, so V could continue to sleep. I know I took a pic of this, but I can't find it.

When we got back to the room, V was up and awake... She had a cough and a headache. She took some ibuprofen, she said she was up to doing breakfast, so we all got ready.

We were out the door early @ 9:30am for our 10:50 breakfast at The Wave (YUM)...

Shady Shuttle ----> Poly ----> Monorail ----> Contemporary

IMG_4443%20-%20Copy.jpg

IMG_4444.jpg

We checked in at The Wave a bit early - 10:10, we had to wait a little while to be seated, we were seated at 10:30. This was totally fine, as we were taking today very slowly.

IMG_4445%20-%20Copy.jpg

Our server was Eddie - he was OK - definitely not up to par with other servers we have had here in the past - but the food more than made up for it. :lovestruc And was filling, as usual.

IMG_4448%20-%20Copy.jpg

With very full bellies... I had one small mission this trip... I wanted an updated photo of the girls and I at the Mickey Head at the Contemporary. They now have a "stand" here, so you can set up your phone on a timer and take a pic... but there was a family here, so I offered to take a pic of them, in turn - they were kind enough to snap a photo of the 3 of us...

C10182B7-D5CA-48F8-A057-99653F422CEA.jpg

And then Allison grabbed one of just me, with my Minnie Dot Spirit Jersey...

WDAB3270.jpeg

IMG_4462%20-%20Copy.jpg

Once we were done here, we decided to head back to SoG for a bit.

Monorail ----> TTC ----> SoG Bus ----> SoG

We were back in our room by 12:10...

The girls napped until 2:00...

This was V's set up for pretty much the remainder of the trip... :(

IMG_4466%20-%20Copy_1.jpg

And I sat out on the balcony for a while, checking in on FB... And enjoying my "picture-esqe" view of the pool, blocked by the tree.

IMG_4467%20-%20Copy.jpg

When the girls got up, we went out to the SoG lobby to have some of their home-made ice cream, V thought it would feel good on her throat.

IMG_4468%20-%20Copy.jpg

Allison and I decided to go out for dinner - V wanted to sleep... We left at about 4pm...

IMG_4469%20-%20Copy.jpg

Shady Shuttle ----> Poly ----> Monorail ----> GF

IMG_4470%20-%20Copy.jpg

We looked around the shops for a little while, testing out some sugar scrub/lotion samples at the bath place in GF - that was fun. Though be careful which scents you pair together... I had to wash my hands twice, because I paired two scents that didn't go well together and my hands smelled nasty. LOL

IMG_4471%20-%20Copy.jpg

IMG_4472%20-%20Copy.jpg

As we were walking out of here, I spotted someone carrying one of my bags... Not just one of my bags - but one of MY actual bags that I made for myself. Now, when caught off guard like that... Sometimes the STUPIDEST things come out of my mouth... Picture this: Two females coming out of the Bath shop at GF (note, it's ECHO-Y here)... They take off at a dead run, one of them yelling "Stop her, she has my bag!"... Um, yah - that was me. So glad no one else started chasing this poor woman. Yah - dumb, dumb, dumb. I have a picture of this meet, and believe me - this poor lady probably thought I was nuts (with every right)... This was my only 'in the wild' sighting of one of my bags this trip. And I am sure most of you will recognize this particular bag - I carried it for one day during V's grad trip in 2016...

7A0CF03E-50FA-46C7-937D-5DF84064FBAB.jpg

Allison and I decided that we didn't want to eat at GF, so we'd take the monorail around to the Contemporary to see if anything there appealed to us... We ended up at the Contempo Cafe

IMG_4474%20-%20Copy.jpg

I've never eaten here, I honestly didn't even know it was here. LOL I thought that all of this was Chef Mickey's. Allison and I both decided that we needed a salad... Suzi recommended we try Braised Beef Grilled Cheese - however - we didn't listen to her and decided on the salads instead. Big mistake! If ever you are in doubt, and you ask Suzi for recommendations on food - Please, please, please take her advice.

Our salads were delivered, just as they closed the lunch menu (which the braised beef grilled cheese is only on the lunch menu) - and the salads looked good enough...

IMG_4475%20-%20Copy.jpg

However, once we started eating, we realized that the entire salad was built of the crappiest of crappy romaine lettuce and wasn't edible.

This is what we DIDN'T eat of our salads... BTW, this is just mine - Allison had her own pile that looked similar. We were NOT impressed with the food quality here at all.

IMG_4476%20-%20Copy.jpg

We decided to split the braised beef grilled cheese, because we were still hungry - but when Allison went up to order it - that menu was closed and the CM working at the ordering station didn't speak English well, so Allison didn't even complain to her. An expensive $30 meal - most of which was thrown away. :angry: Not a happy camper. We left the Contemporary hungry.

Monorail ----> TTC ----> SoG bus ----> SoG

We came back to our room to V feeling worse. I went down to the store in SoG to purchase her Tylenol, as well - so she could start alternating Tylenol/Ibuprofen. I had a thermometer in my luggage... At 6pm, she took Tylenol and her temp was 101.5.

IMG_4477%20-%20Copy.jpg

At this point - I disinfected the room and we hung out for a while. Cindy offered us a ride to Urgent Care if we needed it, for the moment - I turned her down - thanking her profusely, of course.

Allison and I were still hungry, so we decided to order from the To-Go Bistro down stairs in SoG (we didn't know this existed either)... Allison ordered chicken fingers and I ordered a turkey sandwich. This was a very economical meal and an option I wish I'd know about long ago... I mean - it was basically theme park food - but it was decent and we didn't have to go far to get it.

IMG_4479%20-%20Copy.jpg

IMG_4481%20-%20Copy.jpg

When we came back upstairs with our food - this was V... Looking a little better... And in an upright position... On the phone with Carter - who, btw, was ready to drive to Florida to make sure V was OK. LOL I assured him, I've kept her alive for the last 18+ years - we'd be OK, and he could stay put. :lmao:

IMG_4482%20-%20Copy.jpg

At this point - V decided that our food looked good... So, we ordered a second chicken strip meal for her and went to get it.

And this was the end of our Day Off... I thought it best that we all get to bed early. I was hoping V would be feeling better tomorrow, and we could continue on with our trip. We were all in bed by 8:45 with 10k steps.​

Link to Day 6 Part I

D~

Last edited:
(Ugh - I rotated all of these pics in Photobucket - I sure hope they are all upright for you guys???)
I always have trouble with Photobucket not rotating my pictures when I want it to. I have basically given up on taking portrait orientation and only take pictures in landscape mode if I want to post them on a website.

They take off at a dead run, one of them yelling "Stop her, she has my bag!"... Um, yah - that was me. So glad no one else started chasing this poor woman. Yah - dumb, dumb, dumb. I have a picture of this meet, and believe me - this poor lady probably thought I was nuts (with every right)... This was my only 'in the wild' sighting of one of my bags this trip. And I am sure most of you will recognize this particular bag - I carried it for one day during V's grad trip in 2016...
I assume she is a customer and legally bought the bag from you. ;) It is funny that you are both wearing polka dots. Both of you look great, by the way. :)

However, once we started eating, we realized that the entire salad was built of the crappiest of crappy romaine lettuce and wasn't edible.
It seems like all of the counter services pre-made salads are terrible.

Day 6 Part I

Sunday, January 21, 2018

DHS

We were up at 6:15 - Coffee and FB for me.

I noted in my journal that we need to clean our room and pack a little bit - as today and tomorrow are full days and we leave EARLY on Tuesday morning.

V seemed to be feeling much better this morning - she had a bit of a nagging cough, but otherwise all other symptoms were gone. Thank God! I think that day of rest did her good! :woohoo:

I took this photo of the girls getting ready this morning - I've often talked about how the space at the bathroom mirror is very limited - we often get ready in "shifts" and use several mirrors... This is a very apt description of how we got ready every morning. LOL One person stood in the bathtub with the hair dryer, another one did make-up at the bathroom mirror and someone else was doing their hair at the mirror by the TV (unplugging the coffee pot to plug in the straightener)... A total pain, but it worked. Also note - NOT all bathrooms at SoG are set up this way, most of them are not - but since these rooms were part of the ORIGINAL Disney Golf Resort hotel and we like this location - this is what we deal with.

IMG_4483%20-%20Copy.jpg

We took the SS ----> Poly

I noted in my journal, when we checked in for 'Ohana that the CM checking us in "had orange plastic hair"... He didn't really - but he had so much goop and gel in it, that you could see all of the comb lines and they were shiny - so it appeared that way. It was the strangest thing.

V was so looking forward to this meal, as you all know her love of Stitch - and what happened on our last trip... She was VERY conscious of her cough - ALWAYS coughing into the crook of her elbow.

IMG_4485.jpg

IMG_4486%20-%20Copy.jpg

IMG_4487%20-%20Copy.jpg

IMG_4491%20-%20Copy.jpg

IMG_4492%20-%20Copy.jpg

About 2/3 of the way through our meal... A lady from the table behind V, came up behind her and tapped her on the shoulder saying "I know this is a sensitive subject, but would you mind coughing into your napkin? I really don't want my family getting sick on our vacation..." And walked away.

WHAT???????? REALLY????????

OK people... I am going to RANT here for a bit... First off - V was doing everything that she should have been doing in a public situation like that... She wasn't coughing on people, she wasn't touching anyone or anything unnecessarily, and she was most definitely coughing into her elbow at all times - never using her hand to cough in to. She was feeling much better this morning and this was a meal she was sooooo looking forward to. And this LADY - totally and completely ruined it for V. This was totally uncalled for... If you are taking your family to the MOST POPULATED place in the world - YOU take your own precautions to not get them sick... YOU DON'T go up to someone else's child and expect them to modify their (perfectly acceptable) behavior to suit your needs. V choked back tears for the remainder of our meal - as she was SO SENSITIVE about going out today in the first place.

We continued our meal, with V coughing into her elbow as needed.

Eventually, Stitch came around, and he loved her bag - not as much as last time - though I think he may have been reprimanded after we left previously - so I wasn't expecting the same reaction, though I do think V was hoping for it. LOL I still got a few smiles out of her though...

IMG_4496%20-%20Copy.jpg

IMG_4498%20-%20Copy.jpg

When we were done eating, and getting up to leave... A different table behind us got up at the same time as we did. The gentleman, who was sitting directly behind me (must have heard the woman come up to V earlier), stood up as we did, turned towards the table that the woman was sitting at, and exaggerated a VERY loud and obnoxious cough right at her... V didn't see this or hear it, as she was already walking away - still very conscious of the whole situation and still holding back tears - but Allison and I saw it... I gave him a very appreciative look, because her behavior was totally uncalled for, and I was very grateful that another total stranger felt the same way.

Happy to be leaving the LADY behind... And feeling slightly vindicated that someone else heard what she said to V and felt the need to show his disapproval to her...

We stopped for a photo with Pluto on our way out (which isn't uploading... Sigh)

We headed out of the Poly and hopped the first bus to DHS to meet up with Cindy for the day.​

Link to Day 6 Part II

D~

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter