Severe allegies and the Dolphin

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
I asked this question over on the resorts board, but I started thinking you all might be better equiped to help me. I am thinking about staying at the Dolphin resort over the 4th of July next year. It has an awesome location for not a huge amount of money. My worry is my allergies. I have severe allergies/asthma, and I am concerned about the down bedding. There is no way I could sleep on a bed that had down anything on it. Do you know if you can request special bedding, or is that the only kind they have? And would you trust that they did change the bedding/pillowcases, not just removed the down and shoved the new bedding on? Just taking the down items off wouldn't be enough, they would actually have to change all of the linens, or I would have a bad reaction.

Or do you think it is too big a risk? I'm hoping I'm not offending any of you by asking this here. I know it must seem like a small problem compared to what many of you deal with on a daily basis.:flower3:

My daughter and I are both allergic to feathers and we just stayed at the Swan last month. No problems!

Call and let them know you need the room "feather free". They will replace the feather pillow and comforter with regular ones. They had the room all ready for us that way when we arrrived. We actually were there 2x, before our cruise and after. For the day after they didn't change the bedding but I called and they sent someone up right away with the proper items for us. I just pulled the feather pillows and comforter off for them but I am sure they will do it if you don't even want to touch it.

I know that is it is very easy for me to tell by touch if things contain down. I always have to check pillows and comforters whenever we travel-- be it at a hotel or a friend's house. Just check everything before you actually sit/lie on it.

Have a great trip! You will love the Dolphin, the resort is beautiful.:goodvibes

Having run into a bad situation with down this is what I would do (and have done). Call the housekeeping manager and explain the situation and then speak to the front desk manager so they can put in special notes and remind housekeeping the day of your arrival.

Best of luck to you & have a great time!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter