Seven Dwarves So Close...

xipetotec

DIS Veteran
Oh man, the latest pictures show it as being SO CLOSE... yet SO FAR... we are 60 days out and while I realistically can't imagine it will be up and running then... I can't help but hope...

the only pictures are the outside. the inside could be empty for all we know.

I somewhere on DIS a few weeks ago that a DISer had seen the ride running with Imagineers riding it. If this is true, the fact that real people are doing test-rides is a good sign!

Was lucky enough to take a tour MK with Phil Homes a few weeks ago and he said that the Mine Coaster will not be open till "early summer"

Was lucky enough to take a tour MK with Phil Homes a few weeks ago and he said that the Mine Coaster will not be open till "early summer"

This royally bites. If I do say so. It needs to be operational for at least soft/test opening by March 23. Cause I arrive on March 22.:cool1:

Not too worried on when it'll open for me, but, I did see a couple mine cars in testing while we were down there earlier in the month! It was pretty exciting to see!

the only pictures are the outside. the inside could be empty for all we know.
~I know. But, I'm willing to be patient and give Disney the benefit of the doubt. The 7DMT is supposed to be unique in that it's comprised of both dark ride and roller coaster elements -- essentially two ride experiences in one! Plus, the swaying "cradle" movement is unique.

~And, I want to see some fabulous gems in the mine! Glistening diamonds, glowing emeralds, dazzling rubies, you name it! I can't wait for this thing to finally get done! :cool1:

I'm not holding my breath for our September 2014 trip. Really I'm not. If it's operational, great...and I will expect ridiculous lines.

We were there the week before Christmas. Out of the 3 days we spent at MK, only one day we saw people working on it and even then it was only two people. Now they could have been inside working but it truly appeared that there was no activity and there is still a long way to go on the outside.

I am hoping for some serious progress between now and July.

Anyone have any pics. from the past few weeks of it?

A guy said it will be early summer, not Disney. I will naively assume that the official Spring 2014 opening is still accurate.

To an earlier post, the Revenge of the Mummy attraction at Universal Studios is also part dark-ride, part coaster. The uniqueness of 7DMT is borne from its ride vehicle more than anything else.

The 7DMT is supposed to be unique in that it's comprised of both dark ride and roller coaster elements -- essentially two ride experiences in one!

Nope. That is not unique at all....not even to Orlando. Over at Universal the Revenge of the Mummy has had that concept since 2004. And the only thing unique about the "swaying cars" is that the cars sway "from below" vs. from the top of the track like many other coasters.

irondrag_lagoon_zpsdf50406a.jpg

A guy said it will be early summer, not Disney. I will naively assume that the official Spring 2014 opening is still accurate.

To an earlier post, the Revenge of the Mummy attraction at Universal Studios is also part dark-ride, part coaster. The uniqueness of 7DMT is borne from its ride vehicle more than anything else.

Yes, I would think that if such a long-awaited ride was looking like it would not make it by spring as most recently stated, Disney would be getting that word out there sooner rather than later to avoid a big let-down by so many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter