Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Restraints

cmwade77

DIS Veteran
Have they made any improvements to the restraints on this ride since opening or at least added a test car? When we went shortly after it first opened, I don't see how any adult could ride it comfortably. I have friends who aren't very large and were barely able to ride. To make matters worse, when we were there the lap bar had to go down at least three clicks.

They did give us a FP for anything else, but still annoying and don't want to waste my tine if it is still a problem. Not sure why they didn't think adults would want (or need to if they have kids under 7 that want to ride) to ride this attraction.

I dont know when you first rode but I rode 9/16, 5/18 and 10/18 and have never noticed anything different about the lap bar.

As I said, it was just after opening and they required the lap bar to make at least three clicks and I got to two with my big thighs.

I'm plus size and tall and had no issues any of the times I've ridden. It isn't the most comfortable but it's not long enough to stop me.

I was thinking the same. Usually by the time it's secure, we're pulling back into the station at the unload area. Even if it cut off circulation, I could tolerate it for the duration.

My Dh is 6’2” and a pretty bulky guy and he’s never complained about the restraints before

My DH is 6' and hates this ride. He finds it very uncomfortable. He is very large in the thighs. One trick is to kind of put your hands under the bar so they can't push it down more. It still clicks in but not super tight.

Unfortunately not everyone is going to be able to ride all of the rides comfortably. Because of how they're built and the designs necessary for the rides, some people just won't be as comfortable as others. I'm a small person so I never have issues, but I haven't seen or heard many people complain about the ride before, at least no more so than any other ride. If anything, people complain about how short the ride is, lol.

Man or woman - once you hit about 5'9 or taller and/or greater than 200 lbs - you are going to feel like the seating area is small. Yes - you need to be bigger than both of those measures to start to feel squished. This ride really is not designed for the American adult population. I have definitely heard more complaints as people are getting off/on this ride about the seats than for any other ride at Disney. Lots of folks CAN fit - I've only seen one person not be able to fit - but its not a comfortable fit for lots of people.

I agree they should have a test seat someplace.

I’m 6’4” and about 325 after breakfast. It is definitely not the most comfortable setup but they’ve never counted the clicks for me. As long as it locks you should be good to go.

Unfortunately not everyone is going to be able to ride all of the rides comfortably. Because of how they're built and the designs necessary for the rides, some people just won't be as comfortable as others. I'm a small person so I never have issues, but I haven't seen or heard many people complain about the ride before, at least no more so than any other ride. If anything, people complain about how short the ride is, lol.
People have been complaining about how tight the restraints are on this ride since the day it opened.

People have been complaining about how tight the restraints are on this ride since the day it opened.

People of size or everyone? I'm a very modest 5' 8" 155 pound small frame guy and I fit in there very comfortably.

Yep and when we had issues the CMs were trying to at least get a test vehicle installed because they had to turn away so many people.

I’ve ridden it probably close to a hundred times since it opened. Never felt uncomfortable and I’m a pretty big guy. But everyone is shaped differently. I don’t ever remember there being any “clicks” on the lap bar though. It simply locks into the position you pull it down to.

People of size or everyone? I'm a very modest 5' 8" 155 pound small frame guy and I fit in there very comfortably.
It all depends on size of thighs, weight really doesn't factor in. If you have larger thighs it is problematic. I know some people that are a similar weight to you, although a little shorter, but have large thighs and can't fit as a result.

I’m 6’4” and about 325 after breakfast. It is definitely not the most comfortable setup but they’ve never counted the clicks for me. As long as it locks you should be good to go.
I'm 6'3 and tease the 300 mark, but I get in all the disney coasters sufficiently.

The real issue is on big coasters that are much more strict. I could only fit on a few at cedar point. I'll definitely have to trim down a fair amount before I go back there!

Have they made any improvements to the restraints on this ride since opening or at least added a test car? When we went shortly after it first opened, I don't see how any adult could ride it comfortably. I have friends who aren't very large and were barely able to ride. To make matters worse, when we were there the lap bar had to go down at least three clicks.

They did give us a FP for anything else, but still annoying and don't want to waste my tine if it is still a problem. Not sure why they didn't think adults would want (or need to if they have kids under 7 that want to ride) to ride this attraction.

Dh & I had no issues riding the 7DMT - as many adults ride as kids that we've noticed - maybe even more. We really like it.
Restraints would need to be snug to be safe for young kids.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter