• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Service Unavailable Error

Okay, today is the first time I got this error message. About 930 am pst.​

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

A server error occurred. Please try again later.
How long did it take for you to be able to get back in again?

Still happening all the time over here. Switching from using data to WiFi or Vice versa gives me access... so odd.

Not really as that is a good workaround.

It works because when you are switching between cellular Data and Wi-Fi causes your DNS cache to be cleared and you request a new name to address resolution for www.disboards.com and get the new "correct" address.

Dave

Not really as that is a good workaround.

It works because when you are switching between cellular Data and Wi-Fi causes your DNS cache to be cleared and you request a new name to address resolution for www.disboards.com and get the new "correct" address.

Dave
Sometimes this works for me and sometimes it doesn't. WiFi and cell data are different providers.

If you do not want email notifications change the preference options in your Account Profile.
Still haven’t received a single email. All notifications are turned on and I do get them on the notifications tab, but zero emails.

I have nothing to contribute because I am not tech savvy at all, just to add it’s been happening to me several times a day and is quite irritating. Thought it was just me until I found this thread…
Same here! All I know is it's taught me how addictive these boards can be-when you can't log on. And Thursday it happened to me for several hours.

Aarghhh! It’s been fine for days on both iPhone and iPad. Then tonight on iPad I was reading the forums, and suddenly when I clicked to change pages, I got the Service Unavailable note! It’s working fine on iPhone, at least right this moment….

I have been getting the service unavailable message steadily on my laptop at work and my iPhone. Sometimes it works again quickly sometimes I can’t access the site for hours.

Dunno, but I’m kinda glad they stopped. Deleting 40 or 50 emails every day gets old.
I unfollow any threads I no longer wish to receive emails for. You should only receive emails for threads you’ve requested to follow and receive emails.

If you don’t want them, stopping receiving them is totally under your control.

I unfollow any threads I no longer wish to receive emails for. You should only receive emails for threads you’ve requested to follow and receive emails.

I think the issue is that he is not receiving ANY emails right now.

Not sure if that is part of this issue (I don't think so, but maybe), or unique to a few individuals. I know that I tried to "re-authenticate" my log in a few days ago, and never received the email with the code to do so. It somehow magically let me in later without that process. Weird!

I’m having this happen randomly in Safari. It isn’t every time, and I don’t know what’s different. Shutting off wifi fixes it, but turning wifi back on makes it happen again. Very frustrating.

Like I said, the comment was tongue-in-cheek. Apparently I need to be more explicit when I make a joke. I fully understand how to follow and unfollow threads (and do so quite often).

I was simply referring to those threads you follow because the topic is of importance or specific interest, and somewhere along the line, while you've been off doing something else, two or three members have devolved it into a debate/argument/ad hominem tirade, and all of a sudden you have a TON of notifications on the thread, none of which have anything to do with the topic (or anything else of value).

Regardless, I'm still not getting any emails at all.

I haven't been able to look at the boards all morning until just now. I'm using Safari. This keeps randomly happening.

Unfortunately our provider seems to be entirely unable to figure this out. I have no choice but to move the DNS
It's probably going to cause a few issues but this needs to end. Moving it to Cloudflare
sending big hugs across the internet, I work in online marketing and work with web developers so I know what a headache this has been. When website work they are amazing but when there are coding or other tech issues its a complete nightmare and the smallest thing can take so long to fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter