• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Service Unavailable Error

Just out of curiosity, whose "job" is it to update the DNS servers when a site moves to a new location? If the problem is that there is some DNS server somewhere that is not up to date, whose "job" is it to update the server? Who is responsible for that?

The DNS argument doesn't make sense. Since sometimes the site works, and sometimes it doesn't, wouldn't that mean sometimes the device is getting the correct DNS and sometimes it isn't? Why would a device look at a different DNS server?

The DNS argument doesn't make sense. Since sometimes the site works, and sometimes it doesn't, wouldn't that mean sometimes the device is getting the correct DNS and sometimes it isn't? Why would a device look at a different DNS server?
It is for sure DNS because when I have a web page come up in error, if I immediately check DNS, my machine is getting a result with the wrong(old) IP Address. Theoretically, it could be with Network Solutions DNS (the authoritative DNS server for disboards.com), but it is not at the new hoster.

I’ve been getting the messages almost daily. I am on wi Fi at home. But I’ve also had it using data while out. Two different service providers. I too find it hard to believe that the problem is with so many other companies & not the new server company. So far Spectrum, AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, government & other countries are to blame. But not the new server. OK. Seems to me, if so many other companies are having a problem with the data you input, maybe you didn’t do it right? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Well, I hadn’t had the problem for days now and thought it was all cleared up. Then just happened using Safari on both iPad and iPhone, both of which had been connecting just fine for days. The only thing different was that I’m at WDW now and connected to WDW resort WiFi earlier today (and had no problems connecting to DISboards today until a few minutes ago). So on a hunch I disconnected from WDW resort WiFi, and voilà, I’m back on DISboards. HTH.

Just happened to me.

When it was broken my computer was getting 108.171.164.208 as the IP of the site.
> www.disboards.com
Non-authoritative answer:
Name: www.disboards.com
Address: 108.171.164.208

I forced my local pi-hole DNS server to throw away its cache and it got the new IP and the page started loading.
> www.disboards.com

Address: 108.61.75.210

I don't know much about DNS but Google said this is how to check the authoritative server using nslookup:

> set query=ns
> www.disboards.com

*** Can't find www.disboards.com: No answer

Authoritative answers can be found from:
disboards.com
origin = NS87.WORLDNIC.com
mail addr = namehost.WORLDNIC.com
serial = 122071011
refresh = 10800
retry = 3600
expire = 604800
minimum = 3600

When I then query that DNS server for www.disboards.com I get:
> server ns87.worldnic.com
Default server: ns87.worldnic.com
Address: 162.159.26.131#53
> www.disboards.com
Server: ns87.worldnic.com

>

It would seem that the DNS for www.disboards.com is broken.

So I think we may have an answer here. We do our DNS through a very respected old time company, they have been doing it since the beginning of the internet. Obviously I had contacted them when all this started and they assured me they checked and everything was fine. It must be other people's servers not updating. I contacted them today and was informed that "some people appear to be having similar issues" and that their engineering team will investigate. I will let you know when I get more details

Just happened to me.

When it was broken my computer was getting 108.171.164.208 as the IP of the site.
> www.disboards.com
Address: 108.171.164.208

I forced my local pi-hole DNS server to throw away its cache and it got the new IP and the page started loading.
> www.disboards.com

I don't know much about DNS but Google said this is how to check the authoritative server using nslookup:

> set query=ns
> www.disboards.com

Authoritative answers can be found from:
disboards.com
origin = NS87.WORLDNIC.com
mail addr = namehost.WORLDNIC.com
serial = 122071011
refresh = 10800
retry = 3600
expire = 604800
minimum = 3600

When I then query that DNS server for www.disboards.com I get:
Default server: ns87.worldnic.com
> www.disboards.com

>

It would seem that the DNS for www.disboards.com is broken.
What is odd is I can query both of those DNS servers and get the right answer. Getting no answer wouldn't explain your client getting the wrong answer though.

C:\Users\danorum>nslookup
Default Server: OPNsense.home
Address: REMOVED

Default Server: ns87.worldnic.com
Address: 162.159.26.131

> www.disboards.com
Address: 162.159.26.131

C:\Users\danorum>nslookup
Default Server: OPNsense.home
Address: REMOVED

> server ns88.worldnic.com
Default Server: ns88.worldnic.com
Address: 162.159.27.117

> www.disboards.com
Server: ns88.worldnic.com
Address: 162.159.27.117

I’ve had it several times lately. Last time this morning.
There’s another forum WDW magic.com which looks good.

So I think we may have an answer here. We do our DNS through a very respected old time company, they have been doing it since the beginning of the internet. Obviously I had contacted them when all this started and they assured me they checked and everything was fine. It must be other people's servers not updating. I contacted them today and was informed that "some people appear to be having similar issues" and that their engineering team will investigate. I will let you know when I get more details
Great news and hopefully they can get it fixed up! It sucks that their DNS issue happened to be timed with your server move...

Down again today from 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm PST. A couple of times I got booted out and got the 1.1 error just looking at the boards.

9:15 PDT
Error on laptop. Running windows 11, edge browser, Comcast internet

Just fine on Safari on iPhone. Verizon cellular.

Hopefully they’re working on it coz it is getting worse for me. Happened at least 4 times yesterday, including late last evening. It happened when I tried to get on this morning. Went to Verizon data & hot spot to get on. Seems to be the only way I can get on now.

Thank you @WebmasterAlex for checking into this. It's driving a bunch of us crazy (or crazier than usual :P)
It was down for me from 6-9 pm last nite and this morning from 6-9:15 am. Seems when I get that error, it's usually about 3 hours before it works again. I haven't had the 'getting booted off' problem though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter