Served with Flair, My Culinary Cabaret (Solo May 2016 DR), updated 11/12, Earl of Sandwich

Odelia this is awesome!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to be here!!!!!!!!!! (I logged in just for your report! :D )
The V&A meal looks amazing!! And I'm in love with your dress!!
Can't wait for more!!

I'm HERE! Better late than never. You are so darn adorable. I LOVE the dress you had on for V&A's. Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Goodness me! That was a whole lot of replies in such a short period. A rather pleasant surprise!

Before I get to replies, I just wanted to mention some things that in my excitement I omitted. (I will add it to the end of the original post as well)

1) There is a water menu if you so choose. I decided to stick to regular old tap

2) There is a wine pairing option for $65 per person. Each course comes with a wine that is supposed to complement it. I'm a lightweight so the smartest option for me was to just stick to one glass throughout the meal. I chose a mellow white wine. And still I got lightheaded by the end. But that's also probably because I had also been awake since 6:30 am.

3) The whole experience took 3 hours. Best not to plan anything else for that evening. This is NOT a meal you want to rush.

4) There was optional caviar in the beginning for an additional price. I never ate caviar so it wasn't worth it for me to pay the extra for this

5) Price- 7 course is $185, 10 course is $235. And then you have all the optional extras.

How exciting! Such a wonderful intro - looking forward to your reports :)

:welcome: and thanks!

Great start to your review! I love your "Be Our Guest" themed intro, lol.

:welcome: and thanks! "Be Our Guest" is my favorite Disney song

I hope that someday I can make it there with my husband as a couple's trip.

I hope so too! It will be lovely

Do you remember how long it took to get through all of the courses? Which was your favorite?

Took around 3 hours. Favorites were: the meats, crème brulee, and truffle bread and butter

Great start and so excited to read more!

Your V&A indulgence was the perfect way to start the trip. It just seems like such a special experience.

:welcome:! It was definitely a special experience. Indulgent and wonderful

What a great start to your vacation. Looking forward to the rest of your review.

:welcome: and thanks. Hope I don't disappoint.

Wow what a great way to kick off your trip! Can't wait to hear about your solo dining adventures :cutie:

:welcome:! So glad to have you here.

That V&A meal looks absolutely delicious! What a wonderful way to start your trip. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your reviews!

:welcome: and thanks. I am so happy I decided to treat myself to this special meal

Wow, you really started your trip off right! That meal/experience looks amazing! Looking forward to reading more!

:welcome:. Glad to have you on board! It was really such a great experience

Excellent start to your report! My DH just recently started talking about going to V&A in a few years for his 60th birthday. It looks like a wonderful experience and the perfect start to your trip :goodvibes

:welcome:. V&A is a great way to celebrate any birthday!

Wow, that is one posh dining experience! Good for you for treating yourself!

:welcome:. So happy you're here. And thanks! You only live once right? This experience was so far removed from my normal everyday. It was fun to treat myself this way.

Great report so far! Following popcorn::

:welcome: and thanks

What a way to start your trip! Everything sounds & looks delicious!! Looking forward to hearing more.

:welcome: and thanks. It was an incredible and delicious experience

We went to V&A several years ago. To this day, it is still the number one meal and experience I've ever had at WDW. One day we hope to do it again. It's worth every penny.

:welcome:. You're right, it is absolutely worth every penny. I'll sure remember that experience forever!

What an incredible start to your report! Great info & pics. Thank-you!:-)

:welcome: and thanks

Looks delicious! I did V&A solo on my 50th birthday and it was the highlight of my trip. You're off to a great start!

:welcome: and thanks. A wonderful way to celebrate.

What a great start to your trip. Can't wait to read more!

:welcome:

I'm here, I'm here! And I even managed to (barely) make the first page!

And I'm actually on my way out the door, and I want to really savor your Victoria & Alberts experience, which I'll need more time for. I'll be back later to read and comment!

:welcome:. So happy to have you here. And you did manage to get to the first page. I'm proud of you.
V&A definitely requires time to be savored. Can't wait to read your comments when you get the chance.

That V&A meal looks amazing! Can't wait to read more.

:welcome:. It was certainly amazing!

Enjoyed your review with pictures. Looking forward to more.

:welcome: and thanks.

Following along! I can't wait to read and see the rest of your reviews!

:welcome: along!

Odelia this is awesome!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to be here!!!!!!!!!! (I logged in just for your report! :D )
The V&A meal looks amazing!! And I'm in love with your dress!!
Can't wait for more!!

:welcome:! And I'm so happy you're here as well! GLORIOUS FOOD!!!!!!!!!!! And thanks. I was debating between 2 dresses, both blue with polka dots. Classy yet whimsical. Just right for an elegant meal at Disney.

I'm HERE! Better late than never. You are so darn adorable. I LOVE the dress you had on for V&A's. Looking forward to the rest of your report.

:welcome: and thanks! Glad to have you on board. And I'd hardly call you late. I only just started this 2 days ago.

This is going to be great....I can just tell! Following along!! Mmmmmmm

:welcome: to the ride

Lovely review of V & A! I loved your photos, the food presentation is amazing. You look so happy! Can't wait to see the rest of your trip.

Lovely review of V & A! I loved your photos, the food presentation is amazing. You look so happy! Can't wait to see the rest of your trip.

:welcome:to my culinary adventures! I certainly was extremely happy. Hard not to be when it's your first day at Disney in nearly 2 decades and you kick it off with a meal at Victoria & Albert's

All of that food looks (and sounds) delicious! Excellent menu choices, and what an awesome way to start the trip!
And you look so beautiful!

This is me:

mk_fntsybrg_7688348129-jpeg.171698
Hi, Princess! :wave2:

My name is Odelia (pronounced Oh-dell-ya) and I LOVE TO EAT!!!!!!!!!!!
This STILL cracks me up! :rotfl:

if there was a special occasion I was celebrating, I replied that I hadn’t been to Disney in 18 years and this trip is a long awaited dream come true and I want to pamper myself and start it off with style.
That's a GREAT reason! I think that between you and @chunkymonkey , ya'lls reviews have convinced me that I need to do V&A the next time I'm at Disney for something special... I'd need a good excuse to really treat myself that much!

Second course: I chose Long Island Duck with Hearts of Palm and Blood Oranges
img_4467-800x600-jpg.171729
Gosh, look at the cook on that duck! It's PERFECT!

After this came the second bread and butter. My server told me that this particular one was very popular and called it "the cake before the dessert".

img_4469-800x600-jpg.171745

Truffle infused bread and butter. This was my first time tasting truffle.
O M G!
I do not have the words to describe how incredibly delectable this was. Licking my lips just thinking about it!
Oh MAN. Ohhhhh mannn! This sounds so so so good. It LOOKS so so so good. All those delicious carbs, too... WHY AM I NOT EATING THIS RIGHT NOW?! :eek:

Fifth Course: This was the red meat course. Included in the 4 choices was an item, the Mizayaki Japanese Beef that was an extra $110! But I was told that I could combine it with the Australian Kobe-Style Beef Tenderloin with Borderlaise Sauce for half the price. And since I love red meat that's exactly what I decided to go for. OMG, this was absolutely amazing and so worth it!
img_4474-800x600-jpg.171750
YAAASSS! I just want to roll around on my back like a happy puppy when I see this! I would TOTALLY add the Japanese Kobe, too! I've never even eat this, and I dreeeam about it! :cloud9:

Because SCIENCE! :teacher:

As I was finishing up dessert, I was brought a red rose and my menu in an envelope.
After dessert I was brought a selection of chocolates to choose from. A great way to end any meal.

img_4489-800x600-jpg.171770
Aww, the rose is such a lovely touch!

And now a few more photos:
img_4490-800x600-jpg.171771
Look at you! You are too cute in your tiara are your polka dots! :cutie:

1) There is a water menu if you so choose. I decided to stick to regular old tap
An entire menu. Just for water. Are you kidding me?! o_O

2) There is a wine pairing option for $65 per person. Each course comes with a wine that is supposed to complement it. I'm a lightweight so the smartest option for me was to just stick to one glass throughout the meal. I chose a mellow white wine. And still I got lightheaded by the end. But that's also probably because I had also been awake since 6:30 am.
I think I would definitely do the wine pairing when my time comes. But then again, I'm a vacation lush, so... :thumbsup2

4) There was optional caviar in the beginning for an additional price. I never ate caviar so it wasn't worth it for me to pay the extra for this
Same. I don't think I "get" caviar, honestly! I need somebody to teach me the ways of good caviar! Like maybe a sugar Daddy! :laughing:

I LOVE TO EAT TOO! :laughing:

Looking forward to your report. V&A looks incredible! And your restaurant line-up has me very excited to read more :goodvibes

Hi! @Elevationist tagged me so I came to check out your dining review (Thanks Billie!)...and wow, if there was ever a way to celebrate a return solo trip to WDW, it would definitely have to be a kickoff at V+A!!! Wasn't it an amazing dinner?
I'm excited to read all your reviews. I too LOVE TO EAT! You are really adorable with your tiara too.

I think that between you and @chunkymonkey , ya'lls reviews have convinced me that I need to do V&A the next time I'm at Disney for something special... I'd need a good excuse to really treat myself that much!

YES, you definitely need to go. And you're already worth treating yourself that much. Glorious food requires no reason or excuse anyway. But I suppose being there for a special event makes it even more special.

Gosh, look at the cook on that duck! It's PERFECT!

I didn't even notice that! You're so right

Look at you! You are too cute in your tiara are your polka dots! :cutie:

Why thank you very much! I like that the polka dots add a little flair and whimsy- perfect for fine dining at Disney.

An entire menu. Just for water. Are you kidding me?! o_O

Tell me about it. I didn't even know such a thing existed. I'm just a regular tap water gal.

I think I would definitely do the wine pairing when my time comes. But then again, I'm a vacation lush, so... :thumbsup2

As opposed to me who only had alcohol on my first and last day. It was much too hot for that.

I LOVE TO EAT TOO! :laughing:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:welcome: to my food train!

And your restaurant line-up has me very excited to read more :goodvibes

There were quite a few gems there.

Wow what an incredible way to start your trip :goodvibes

:welcome: aboard!

Hi! @Elevationist tagged me so I came to check out your dining review (Thanks Billie!)...and wow, if there was ever a way to celebrate a return solo trip to WDW, it would definitely have to be a kickoff at V+A!!! Wasn't it an amazing dinner?
I'm excited to read all your reviews. I too LOVE TO EAT! You are really adorable with your tiara too.

Hi and :welcome:! It was a most amazing dinner.

I see you have a report in the works as well. Will definitely be checking that out!

That's a really cute profile pic by the way

Hi and :welcome:! It was a most amazing dinner.

I see you have a report in the works as well. Will definitely be checking that out!

That's a really cute profile pic by the way

Thank you! Yes we were there in Feb/March of this year celebrating my bday! It was an amazing trip and we ate well!
Can't wait to hear more!

Be Our Guest

Ahhhh, my favorite Disney song! That’s my ultimate fantasy – to have a gourmet feast presented to me while being serenaded and entertained by the dishes, silverwear, and pots. Except for the actual food going by so quickly that you barely manage a taste as it passes!

Side story- I was at a show here about a year ago about the Broadway musical. Each era started off with a movie clip about it followed by performances of some of the musicals of that era. When they got to the modern era, ‘Be Our Guest’ was one of the performances! I got so emotional and excited that I did a little excited clap to myself and I also teared up a little. I also saw ‘Beauty and the Beast’ on Broadway way back when and that song is the absolute highlight of the show.

So obviously when I heard that there would be a restaurant named after that very song and saw pictures of the place, I knew I had to eat there whenever I found myself in Disney again.

I had a lunch reservation for 11am. And it’s a good thing I pre-ordered because there were a lot of people on line. I loved bypassing all the others. Once I paid at the cashier I was given a receipt with the items I ordered on it and I went to find a seat. I originally intended to sit in the main dining room because it is so grand and pretty but it was crowded and very noisy. And so I took myself to the Music room. A very nice and quiet room with large figurines of Belle and the Beast dancing atop a music box and beautiful paintings of the various characters on the walls.

IMG_4534 (800x600).jpg

IMG_4536 (800x600).jpg

IMG_4540 (800x600).jpg

Once I sat down a CM saw my receipt and brought me my food when it was ready:

IMG_4538 (800x600).jpg

I ordered the Roast Beef Sandwich (without the horseradish sour cream because I do not like horseradish and I was afraid it would ruin the sandwich for me) with French Fries, a fountain beverage in a souvenir cup (isn’t it pretty?), and the Master’s Cupcake of course.

I love me a good meat sandwich and this certainly did not disappoint! I found the bread to meat ratio was just right. Mm,mm,mm, finger lickin’ good. The french fries were hot and crispy.

The cupcake was moist and chocolaty and the frosting was not too sweet. They balanced each other well.

As I was eating I was listening to ‘Be Our Guest’ on repeat full blast of course!

Overall I was quite satisfied with my lunch. Now if only they would add Lumiere, Cogsworth, and Mrs. Potts to dinner. That would be so amazing!

Some photos as I made my way out of the restaurant:

IMG_4542 (800x600).jpg

IMG_4549 (800x600).jpg

IMG_4544 (800x600).jpg

IMG_4545 (800x600).jpg

IMG_4551 (800x600).jpg

IMG_4552 (800x600).jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter