• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Serenity Bay

I have never had an issue on Serenity Bay. And I've been on full Dream and Fantasy cruises.

And a ray or two (taken up close to the shore, when I was "just wading")
View attachment 351475

^^^ We have seen this guy and/or his family members almost every visit.
Freaks me out every time.

OMG — I saw this guy (or a friend of his) this week! I had never seen a ray at Serenity before, but this one was gliding along the sand bar. I saw him throughout the day as the tide came in. I was surprised how shallow the water was in the morning, but then how deep it became when the tide came in. But oh such beautiful, clear, sparkling warm water!

This "guy" is female!

Question: our first cruise is coming up and Serenity Bay sounds wonderful. However, I’m as pale as they come and neither DH nor I enjoy actually going in the ocean. Would we be able to find covered loungers to just lay down and relax without being in the sun? Nervous to go and find that we can’t stay

There are two rows of loungers, and one is back up against the foliage were you get some shade from the trees. In addition, almost all the loungers have umbrellas. No problem at all staying in the shade

Question: our first cruise is coming up and Serenity Bay sounds wonderful. However, I’m as pale as they come and neither DH nor I enjoy actually going in the ocean. Would we be able to find covered loungers to just lay down and relax without being in the sun? Nervous to go and find that we can’t stay

Plenty of shady spots and chairs/lounge chairs for them (also plenty of sunny spots!). Although we usually get a cabana, recently we did not, and settled near the entrance to the beach in a couple of chairs that were right under the shade all day, and felt relatively private (lots of folks wanted to sit closer to the water in the sun). Plenty of chairs, easy to move, and plenty of shade. Nice and convenient to the food, bar, bathrooms, tram, water...paradise.

We were on a very full Dream cruise (spring break) and there were plenty of chairs and umbrellas available at Serenity Bay during the day.

I have never been to Serenity Bay. Do you get snorkel gear and facts there or do you pick up first and carry over?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter