Serenity Bay @ Castaway Cay

CScott095

Mouseketeer
So we are headed on our fourth Disney Cruise in May and each time we have gotten off at Castaway Cay, I have found the first hammock and called it a day. Can someone give me a little more information on the island. My specific questions are around:

1. How does one register for the Castaway 5k? Is there an age requirement? (I have a 12 yo DD)
2. What is this secret Serenity Bay location I have been recently hearing about? Is it the same set up with chairs, hammocks, etc? Is there an age requirement? (Again with the 12 yo DD)
3. Are there things to know that I obviously do not?

Thanks!! 37 DAYS!!!!!
Carrie

1. You sign up for the Castaway 5k on the ship -- it will be in the Navigator.
2. Serenity Bay is the adults only beach so it does have an age requirement of 18 or older so your 12 yo would not be able to accompany you there. It is a stretch of beach with chairs, umbrellas and a few hammocks just like they have on the Family beach.
3. Don't know if you have ventured far enough down to see Pelican Plunge. If your DD swims and enjoys playing in the water, this might be a fun area to check out.

It took us 3 cruises to get around to Serenity Bay and we are kicking ourselves for not checking it out sooner. It is so calm and beautiful. The water was so shallow that you can walk really far out, the water so so clear and beautiful, we saw fish and sting ray swimming and lots of interesting sea shells.

Darn, so she is not allowed at their buffet? Sounds like it might be better than the FB. Thank you for the info though!

Darn, so she is not allowed at their buffet? Sounds like it might be better than the FB. Thank you for the info though!
No, She is not. Any of the buffets on CC are great and there are always times that are more busy and times when they are less busy.

No both the beach and the buffet at Serenity Bay are adults only. But in the Family area there is Cookies 1 and Cookies 2 that is availabel for adults and children:)

If I remember correctly, the buffet is the same at both locations but the one at Serenity Bay does have steak on the buffet line.

The age for the CCK 5K race is 10 years so you'll be ok on that front. There is also an observation tower that you can walk or bike to (or visit during the 5k race to save time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter