Serenity bay cabana service issues?

skittlesfirehawk

Mouseketeer
ive been reading older threads and it seems lots of people has issues with getting someone to come when you press the service button. This makes me nervous about booking a cabana. I was thinking of maybe giving 10$ before and then 10$ after so they try to come by more often. Has anyone recently had any issues?

We had no problem at all in Feb 2017.

Well...once he came because our button sounded but we had not pushed it. But he was always right there when we pressed.

Didn't have any issues getting service when the button was pressed but waited more than 30 minutes with a few other parties before someone showed up to check any of us in to start the day. He did drive us all the way back to the Pelican Point tram stop at the end of the day, however.

We had problems when we were there in January in Cabana 25 on Serenity Bay. Never once did he come when we pushed the button. Certainly a first world problem :rolleyes1 but we had my 89 year old Mum with us and it would have been nice if she hadn't had to do the walk when we went to lunch, or when she needed to use the bathroom. He said that his buzzer never went off, but to be honest, it was the worst service we've ever had in that cabana (we've been in it 4 times.) Usually if they know the buzzer isn't working well they will swing by from time to time. :confused3 I think it's hit and miss depending on who you get. Next time I will talk to the host about it before he leaves us first thing in the morning, that would probably alleviate the problem. :thumbsup2

It is completely hit or miss, mostly miss. I don't suggest tipping to start, as that only attempts to sway attention to your cabana. There are only 4 SB cabanas and service is very lacking. Remember, unlike on the family beach where concierge serves as the host, the cabana host on SB is someone else from the ship. Perhaps it would be best if the concierge hosts split between SB and the family beach, with the added cabana host assisting on the family beach.

We were in #23 last week. Great service. They came every time we pushed the button. We did walk a few times because I wanted the exercise & I feel a bit like a sloth asking to be carted everywhere. We sat down at the tram stop at SB to head back to Pelican Point and the attendant fella cane rushing over with the cart to take us to the Pelican Point stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter