Sequoia Lodge & Romance questions

Squidge

Mouseketeer
HI all!

Boyfriend and I are off to Disneyland Paris in April (2 nights, 3 days) :cheer2: - 3rd time for me, first time for him! I would like to konw people's opinions on whether the Montana rooms and lake view rooms in the Sequoia Lodge are worth the extra money - I have only ever stayed in a standard room there.

Also, we want this to be a really romantic trip :love: :love2: - does anyone have any tips or advice? We would like to have dinner at Auberge on the second night - should we book as soon as we get there to make sure we get a reso?

All advice, hints and tips gratefully received

Kirsty xxx

Hello. Weve stayed in the standard room but it was outside the main building. Our travel agent advised us to book a Montana room so we would be in the main building and save all the walking. Its the same as a standard in fittings etc however but we felt it was worth it especially when it rained and we didnt have as far to go. We also have had a lakeside room but there are a lot of pine trees in the way depending on which floor you are situated in. But it was nice to open out the window and watch everyone wandering in and out of the rear entrance towards the lake. As Sequoia is tucked in a corner its difficult to get a great view of the lake imo - not like Newport where all the rooms get a clear view.
Not sure about the restaurant but if its something you really want at a particular time you should consider booking once youve settled in via the desk in the lobby of the main building.
Have a wonderful time - lucky you!!

Thanks so much for the advice! I think we are going to try and get a lake view montana room and see if Disney wont give us a ncie balcony room as it is our first trip together!

Thanks again!

Kirsty xxx

Squidge said:
Thanks so much for the advice! I think we are going to try and get a lake view montana room and see if Disney wont give us a ncie balcony room as it is our first trip together!

Thanks again!

Kirsty xxx

Hi Kirsty!

We stayed at the SL last Feb and I don't remember there being any balconies there. Does anyone else know?

Wow! Thats so strange Miffy - I was just thinking exactly the same thing!! Im sure there are no balconies. There is a wide expanse outside the rear facing the lake but most of it is just the roof of the two eateries.

We stayed ion the SL for our honeymoon but found it to be pretty unromantic! The bar which I had read was great for couples was very open and more geared to a fmaily atmosphere than a couply atmosphere - as you'd expect at Disney! We much prefer the Red Garter Salon in the Cheyenne with the live music and the kids tend to play in the play areas away from the bar giving it a more adult feel.

The room itself was far too big - quite why any honeymooning couple would need a table and chairs and 2 sofas in their honeymoon suite is beyond me! The views were great but we spent our time in the parks rather than looking at them thorugh the window!

As for romance in DLRP - dinner in the Blue Lagoon is the #1 location. Awesome low lighting and great Caribbean beach setting. Also a walk through adventureland of an evening is nice, especially now the torches are lit again. Walking roiund Lake Disney is very nice too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter